Pre-Game Talk: Lets talk positively about game 3 Dallas v Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Its funny how the Oilers best performing player in preseason is assumed to need another full season of development.

When a player is ready for the show it isn't "development" sending him down either. Its arguably limiting the player from playing against the best competition that would continue to challenge him.
I agree, I was pretty upset when he got sent down.
But now that he's down there, just keep him there for at least 20 games

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Hall is out? I have a feeling that the Oilers win this one
#OilersPositives

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I agree, I was pretty upset when he got sent down.
But now that he's down there, just keep him there for at least 20 games

I'd only call up Drai if he shows can produce a PPG in the AHL. Otherwise he stays there until he does.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Man, those forward lines look awful without Hall.

Pouliot-RNH-Purcell
Korp-McDavid-Yak
Klinkhammer-Lander-Slepyshev
Hendricks-Letestu-Gazdic

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

He may not be officially out of the line up just yet, sounds like it'll be a game time decision once he gets to the rink.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Yet people want to run him out of town without a replacement in line. We have a fourth liner playing on the 2nd line with him out FFS.

for all the people that want to trade Hall, please watch tonights game very carefully. more specifically, watch the LW

Eh? There would be a replacement LW coming back in any Hall deal otherwise it's completely pointless to trade him, at least in-season. This is not what our LW would look like if he was traded...I don't think anyone is that stupid.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Eh? There would be a replacement LW coming back in any Hall deal otherwise it's completely pointless to trade him, at least in-season. This is not what our LW would look like if he was traded...I don't think anyone is that stupid.

Most deal suggestions that I have seen have focused on either a D or maybe a Centre (pre-McDavid lotto) as the piece coming back. I think a lot of people were suggesting we were totally fine without him.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Most deal suggestions that I have seen have focused on either a D or maybe a Centre (pre-McDavid lotto) as the piece coming back. I think a lot of people were suggesting we were totally fine without him.
People thought we close trade Eberle and Hall and we had the depth to be fine lol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
People thought we close trade Eberle and Hall and we had the depth to be fine lol

"Scorers and wingers are the easiest pieces to get!"

Disclaimer: I am still on board with trading forward talent for a number 1 dman, but those trades rarely happen and otherwise dumping any of our forward talent for more middling dmen or grinders or picks just....is terrible.

McDeathbyCheerios*

"Scorers and wingers are the easiest pieces to get!"

Disclaimer: I am still on board with trading forward talent for a number 1 dman, but those trades rarely happen and otherwise dumping any of our forward talent for more middling dmen or grinders or picks just....is terrible.
Trading one can be fine if you get a lesser replacement in another trade.

Trading both would be awful.

Jun 9, 2011
It's only our 2 best wingers missing from the lineup, no big deal....
We can still win. Poo and Nuge have chemistry, and Yak and McDavid are about to become a thing. Gazdic is playing better than last year, so is Schultz. Nillson looked good for us. We are no longer a one trick pony. When we lose a guy, we can step up our game. "Let's talk positively about game 3" thread.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Its funny how the Oilers best performing player in preseason is assumed to need another full season of development.

When a player is ready for the show it isn't "development" sending him down either. Its arguably limiting the player from playing against the best competition that would continue to challenge him.

Having him lose with the big club should help his development.

Wait, didn't we try that last year?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Stars win came after they played very conservatively. They lost against the Avs after playing a wide open game trading chances.

So maybe the Stars will try to slow this game down, in which case it might be tough to put up a lot of goals. I just want us to start winning, which matters more than McDavid breaking out on the scoreboard right now. I have a feeling we will be a playoff caliber team by the end of the season, so we need to limit the bleeding early on to make sure we can make a realistic run for it.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Going that far back is pretty pointless. Pre-lotto you had the entire summer to get a potential replacement, so it would've made sense then.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
If Hall is out, it concludes one thing. Oilers will be playing better. You heard it here first

I might be able to get on board with this line of thinking if we weren't already missing Eberle too.

It's going to be a very tall order to pull 2 points out of this game. However, I think we have a chance of scoring more than 1 goal tonight! Feeling positive!

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
I don't think they will win, but I do think Nillson will shine. We really need to start scoring, something's gotta give. I think Yak and McDavid will look good tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad