Let's Talk Defensemen

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
I see that Kindl is the only Griffins defenseman that is currently scoring at a PPG pace in the AHL. Considering that scoring from the blueline, or rather the lack there of, has been a significant problem for the Wings this season, do you think Kindl will get a chance at the big club any time soon?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I see that Kindl is the only Griffins defenseman that is currently scoring at a PPG pace in the AHL. Considering that scoring from the blueline, or rather the lack there of, has been a significant problem for the Wings this season, do you think Kindl will get a chance at the big club any time soon?

Kindl has played 1 game with the Griffins... Tell me you're not serious.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Kindl has played 1 game with the Griffins... Tell me you're not serious.

Not a single defenseman is ppg in the AHL that has played 10 games or more, and there are only 4 who are close. Two of which are talented young prospects who are splitting time between the NHL and the AHL in Ryan Murphy and Shayne Gostisbehere, and they've only played about 15 games in the AHL. :laugh:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not a single defenseman is ppg in the AHL that has played 10 games or more, and there are only 4 who are close. Two of which are talented young prospects who are splitting time between the NHL and the AHL in Ryan Murphy and Shayne Gostisbehere, and they've only played about 15 games in the AHL. :laugh:

In the case of Kindl... I'll take 'worthless stats' for 1000 please?

In other news, Rob Schremp is top 10 in pts.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands

Pretty sure its a joke people. Similar to people asking when that Cleary kid is going to get a call up.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
We really didn't get enough of a sample size with Kindl to know what he can do. 290 games, that's it? That's all we're giving prospects? No patience with this franchise.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
We really didn't get enough of a sample size with Kindl to know what he can do. 290 games, that's it? That's all we're giving prospects? No patience with this franchise.

All we do is rush them up and then rush them out. Why can't we be more like Jim Benning's Canucks?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

And people say don't rush prospects. :shakehead

Look at smith.. any minute now.
G1xDDpE.gif

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

isn't the common saying that you need 300 games from defenseman until you know what you have in him and that's when they usually break out?

we're not there yet.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Trade Smith or Quincey (wish it could be Ericsson, but no one is taking that contract)

Put Ericsson back on the left side, because he can't make a backhand breakout pass.

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Marchenko
Ericsson-Smith/Quincey

That top 4 just makes the most sense to me by far.

Aug 6, 2012
God that shows just how bad Ericsson's awareness is. Defenseman who only know how to chip the puck off the boards Babcock style are useless as ****. And he's going to be in our top four for at least five more years. He could be a -50 and still be in the top four.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I just read the article. That article really reinforces how bad this team needs a top pairing defenseman. We don't have anyone who can eat the hard minutes anymore. Kronwall is suffocating, Dekeyser is struggling, and Ericsson is like a sunken boat. This also addresses why this is so offensively anemic, no one can move the puck out from the blue line. The forwards can maintain and possess the puck well enough because it's a talented group of players even with the marquis stars being in the twilight of their careers. The blue line is a total tire fire though. This team really needs a Byfuglien, a Yandle, a Shattenkirk, or someone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad