Lets talk about William Nylander.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Saying that someone has an "agenda" because they cannot understand why a leaf fan doesn't care for a certain player is becoming common around here. Yet nobody states what that agenda is. What agenda do people have? They wanted someone else in the draft? They hate people born in Western Canada (Calgary)? They hate Michael Nylander? An agenda against blondes?

What agenda?

Good post. The poster u were quoting was trolling or thinking he is smarter than the rest but its more of a case of people having there head in the sand. I dont think this board has any agenda's, having one would be useless. Its an open form. MLSE doesnt make decisions from this board.

No one knows which Nylander shows up tonight. He can put the Bruins back on there heels with his zone entries, its the playoffs, the desire should be so intense right now, if Nylander and Anderson brings there A game, we can win the series. They are the 2 biggest disappointments in the playoffs. 3rd would be Matthews.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
It’s that eye test flaw.

Camera hangs on a player making a big hit or having a particularly memorable puck battle in the corner and it leaves an impression with the viewer the whole game, regardless if the player plays like ineffective rubbish for the rest of the time.

Last game was a perfect example - Nylander didn’t get on the scoreboard yet for the most part had a quietly effective game, made smart plays, controlled the puck well. By no big hit so he let the team down in some folks eyes.

I hear you, but it doesn't even pass my eye test. My eye test says Willie is the second best at controlled O-zone entries on the team (Marner being the best). He's also excellent at getting pucks out of the zone, and even better, controlled exits. He beats the ever living shit out of Hyman and Brown at this. And he indeed beats Matthews.

Brown, Hyman, and Matthews played awfully for most of Saturday's game -- they were hemmed in the D-zone for extended periods for most shifts. The reason is because Hyman and Brown can't get the puck in to the offensive zone, or out of the defensive zone, with control. Matthews all-situations CF% on Saturday was <28%. This is so unbelievable bad. They need to be broken up ASAFP. Hyman and Brown are good complementary players who need 2 linemates who can skate with the puck to be effective

And here's the data.

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 3.01.14 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 2.59.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 2.59.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 3.01.25 PM.png

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I hear you, but it doesn't even pass my eye test. My eye test says Willie is the second best at controlled O-zone entries on the team (Marner being the best). He's also excellent at getting pucks out of the zone, and even better, controlled exits. He beats the ever living **** out of Hyman and Brown at this. And he indeed beats Matthews.

Who needs controlled zone exits/entries when you can have Polak chip the puck off the boards and ice it instead?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I hear you, but it doesn't even pass my eye test. My eye test says Willie is the second best at controlled O-zone entries on the team (Marner being the best). He's also excellent at getting pucks out of the zone, and even better, controlled exits. He beats the ever living **** out of Hyman and Brown at this. And he indeed beats Matthews.

Brown, Hyman, and Matthews played awfully for most of Saturday's game -- they were hemmed in the D-zone for extended periods for most shifts. The reason is because Hyman and Brown can't get the puck in to the offensive zone, or out of the defensive zone, with control. Matthews all-situations CF% on Saturday was <28%. This is so unbelievable bad. They need to be broken up ASAFP. Hyman and Brown are good complementary players who need 2 linemates who can skate with the puck to be effective

And here's the data.

View attachment 116399 View attachment 116401 View attachment 116403 View attachment 116405

Nice post.

The problem with the new Matthews line is he’s the only oneness who can really handle the luck, especially in the neutral zone so it becomes easier to disrupt defensively.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I have criticized Nylander but he was money tonight and had a great game he rightfully so lost his spot with Mathews and he earned it back with playing hard between the whistles and earned my respect. He is playing like a man the last two games and has grown up a lot.

Well done Willy

Reactions: Kelly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad