OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone recommend a good online broker without ridiculous fees? I checked TD direct invest but $10 per trade plus quarterly fees are too much for me. I’m interested in Questrade but $1000 min. first deposit and I heard they have bad service.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
few things. If you're looking to make short term gains, it's with alt coins right now.

ATH from last week

BTC -14%
ETH -5%
ADA -20%
DOT -27%
XRP -30%
ALGO -30%
VET -14%
DOGE (lol) -33%

serious projections are talking about 70k in may, and 80-90 during summer.

Alt coin season will END in 2021. people will invest their gains in BTC/ETH

Those numbers can't be right. Made lot of money in Doge last week. Week before in Cardano

While Bitcoin been stuck around 60k for 2 months

Reactions: DAChampion

Woland

Mar 10, 2007
Montreal
Can anyone recommend a good online broker without ridiculous fees? I checked TD direct invest but $10 per trade plus quarterly fees are too much for me. I’m interested in Questrade but $1000 min. first deposit and I heard they have bad service.
wealthsimple is the popular one these days

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

Compared current price and recent ATH.

You can make big money with doge and safemoon.
It's about timing and when you get in or out.

Fast money can be made with alt coins.
But it's risky and exhausting.

I suck at this game. Tried a few times. Some gains and losses

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
Wealthsimple trade. No trade fee, no minimum first deposit. App works well.

You can get 10$ free if I refer you :naughty:

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

Wealthsimple is the best entry without the fees.

Disadvantages
- no real time. 15 min delay
- wires takes 3 business days.
- withdraw probably too (never tried)

Advantages
- 0 comissions fees
- can buy in small numbers

Personally I use RBC DI and WS.
I use the RBC to check prices and buy with WS

99.9% of my stocks is with RBC. instant wire is a big plus for me. 10$ is not fun for small purchases .

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Compared current price and recent ATH.

You can make big money with doge and safemoon.
It's about timing and when you get in or out.

Fast money can be made with alt coins.
But it's risky and exhausting.

I suck at this game. Tried a few times. Some gains and losses
Same. Ive made some coins with Doge, XRP, LTC, LINK and Dot but my real money is long-term. ETH, BTC, ADA and OMI (@Habs IM ABOUT TO COME BREAK YOUR LEGS)

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Same. Ive made some coins with Doge, XRP, LTC, LINK and Dot but my real money is long-term. ETH, BTC, ADA and OMI (@Habs IM ABOUT TO COME BREAK YOUR LEGS)
OMI is legit don’t worry we work with them. Don’t expect it to pump overnight lol. I bought another 300k coins two days ago. You will be loving me by the end of summer

Reactions: llamateizer

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I already love you for your refreshingly positive takes on the Habs, don't worry.

I’m a ray of sunshine my friend , happy to lift your spirits. I mean what would you do if I showed up here all positive one day anyways ?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Short interest on AMC is 16%. Similar to GME, the squeeze happened late Jan when the stock jumped 10x over a few day period.

These guys holding out for a squeeze that already happened are not understanding what is going on. Both GME and AMC prices are slowly melting away while ignorant redditors wait for an event that already occurred. I read WSB every day, fascinating to watch the rain wreck in real time.
Definitely something odd happening with AMC though. It went up 5% yesterday with only 14% of usual volume traded. AMC usually trades 168 million daily, it traded 23 million volumes yesterday and went up 5%? That stock should be tanking.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
OMI is legit don’t worry we work with them. Don’t expect it to pump overnight lol. I bought another 300k coins two days ago. You will be loving me by the end of summer

From what I gather Ecomi has some deals with big names, but how does that transcend with the crypto value? Does the crypto value fluctuate via the number of transactions on its platform? Having a share of Ecomi would be interesting, not sure about putting money on that platform though.

Last edited:

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
From what I gather Ecomi has some deals with big names, but how does that transcend with the crypto value? Does the crypto value fluctuate via the number of transactions on it platform? Having a share of Ecomi would be interesting, not sure about putting money on that platform though.

They are burning coins with every drop, so in theory, the number of coins in supply will keep dropping. Thye launched with a lot of circulation, but that will correct itself. So yes, the value will fluctuate once the big big drops come in. I think NFT'S are a huge market, so I have bought a lot of cheap NFT plays right now.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Bought back into AC after selling it for 30$, didn't except to see a 23$ entry to soon after selling it at 30$. AC becoming a bit easy to swing trade these last few months.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I bought some SCR at 21.42 in order to lower a bit my avg.
I've been buying dips for the last few weeks.

TSLA. do you put it in TFSA or RRSP ?

what are you using instead ?

I don't know what's your objectives. But if you want make small purchases in order to get comfortable with stock market, WS is the key.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'll be selling all of my crypto (or close to it) next Friday to set up an escrow account for a mortgage.

Hopefully next week is a better week for crypto then this past week.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Holy shit this is insane, thanks Jo. Every market is being played with by the whales, unreal.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I'll be selling all of my crypto (or close to it) next Friday to set up an escrow account for a mortgage.

Hopefully next week is a better week for crypto then this past week.

Its been a gong show, I'm in for the long haul so I'm just holding at this point. Still have my OMI, VeChain, Eth, ADA and a few other small caps. I'll just let it ride for a few months now.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad