OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Pre-market only has RY down .07 cents. But I don't know everything about these companies

TSLA got those kinds of after market fluctuations/glitch (700 -> 400 -> 700)

It's a Canadian Bank (top6)
unless they managed to hide their financial crisis, I wouldn't be stressed with that news.

I do have invested in them

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Don't play single stocks if it scares you my man.

A big dividend Safe (in stock terms) stock losing 64% while other equivalent markets are unaffected is not to be ignored.
RY have equivalent or better financial health than other Canadians bank stocks.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
A big dividend Safe (in stock terms) stock losing 64% while other equivalent markets are unaffected is not to be ignored.
RY have equivalent or better financial health than other Canadians bank stocks.
I'm not saying it's to be ignored, I'm saying this kind of **** is to be expected when playing single stocks. And stocks in general. If it affects you emotionally, a 100% equity ETF might be a better choice. or lower %.

Last edited:
Reactions: llamateizer

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
AMC not moving any volume. Price stayed roughly same. With 26 million shares traded yesterday, compared to daily average of 169 million. That's 15% average.

Chance something to this squeeze thing?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You scared me. I checked and it's only down ~2%.
Down 15% altogether while other cyrtos are up. Bitcoin is 54k when it is projected to be 100k this summer, and 200k by end of 2021. Does not look like it will happen. Not even close! Smaller crytos people are putting their money into. More multiplies in it or something.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Down 15% altogether while other cyrtos are up. Bitcoin is 54k when it is projected to be 100k this summer, and 200k by end of 2021. Does not look like it will happen. Not even close! Smaller crytos people are putting their money into. More multiplies in it or something.
Who the f*** put these ridiculous targets?

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

few things. If you're looking to make short term gains, it's with alt coins right now.

ATH from last week

BTC -14%
ETH -5%
ADA -20%
DOT -27%
XRP -30%
ALGO -30%
VET -14%
DOGE (lol) -33%

serious projections are talking about 70k in may, and 80-90 during summer.

Alt coin season will END in 2021. people will invest their gains in BTC/ETH

Ethereum ETFs started trading today on TSX, I'll hop in tomorrow probably for a small amount.

what's the ticker? that would be nice

Bitcoin down again today. Real discouraging.

TBH. I'm glad of this correction. I was able to increase my positions in BTC/ETH.
Re-balanced with ADA
and internally crying with OMI.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
NnelQUOTE="JeffreyLFC, post: 177474361, member: 291295"]Who the f*** put these ridiculous targets?[/QUOTE]
Matthew Kratter. He had a youtube channel called Trader University

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
So, you think i should sell my shares? While i can get out with no loss

I don't know what GME will end up but it has been on a slow melt for the past month. And the squeeze has already happened, the HF's with significant short positions covered end of January. Who knows what will happen in the short term - I don't believe there are enough retail/reddit/wsb dollars to push it much higher - but it will definitely correct back to somewhere in line with fundamentals. I know people are excited about what Ryan Cohen can do with ecommerce, but this is a failed retailer and how much ecomm growth are people expecting to justify a 10B market cap? Even with all that potential ecomm growth, this is maybe a $40 share.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
AMC not moving any volume. Price stayed roughly same. With 26 million shares traded yesterday, compared to daily average of 169 million. That's 15% average.

Chance something to this squeeze thing?

Short interest on AMC is 16%. Similar to GME, the squeeze happened late Jan when the stock jumped 10x over a few day period.

These guys holding out for a squeeze that already happened are not understanding what is going on. Both GME and AMC prices are slowly melting away while ignorant redditors wait for an event that already occurred. I read WSB every day, fascinating to watch the rain wreck in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad