OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The actor playing Jack Reacher becomes his character in real life as he stops a car jacking in Montreal and chases down a criminal:

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
New series out of Belfasts, seems unlikely but overall it was worth watching the 6 episodes. Does not portray Belfast in a positive way but feel compelled to visit now.

Led to revisiting a classic.

Watched Oppenheimer. Great movie. Slow start but it's very good
Enjoyed it for what is was but the character of Hans Bethe was so inaccurate.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
download.jpg

Never seen it before but heard it was a must see and I like Jimmy. Almost 3 hours long but it moves along and it was entertaining, based on a true story apparently. Seeing as it was a court room drama film, it didn't piss me off too too much as those type shows or movies are always fraught with such inaccuracies and one has to suspend belief on how courtroom trials actually goes. I'd say it worth seeing and some pretty fine acting from some of the players. Got to say I was surprised by some of the dialogue and subject manner considering the day, it was controversial then understandably.

Reactions: Fenris and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
View attachment 801525

Never seen it before but heard it was a must see and I like Jimmy. Almost 3 hours long but it moves along and it was entertaining, based on a true story apparently. Seeing as it was a court room drama film, it didn't piss me off too too much as those type shows or movies are always fraught with such inaccuracies and one has to suspend belief on how courtroom trials actually goes. I'd say it worth seeing and some pretty fine acting from some of the players. Got to say I was surprised by some of the dialogue and subject manner considering the day, it was controversial then understandably.
Always found Lee Remick intriguing. Was not just beautiful but talented. Sadly, she died young.

Reactions: angusyoung

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The dreadful and arcane late night host James Corden’s run is finally over.

His replacement can’t be any worse. Or can she?

She’s actually very funny and I personally enjoy her comedy. Maybe I’ll ruffle a few feathers saying this but she’s not one of those woke feminist comedians, which is a plus for me.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good. Now hopefully Sportsnet loses the national NHL rights when it's up in 2 years so I can cancel all their channels.

I believe they'll still be airing SmackDown because they will still be on traditional television. I also hope RAW goes back to 2 hours with this move.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Too bad that it's not including their monthly PPV show

I agree.

What I usually do is for their big PPVs liks Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and some minor ones I think are worth watching (like last year's Elimination Chamber in Montreal), I will subscribe to the Sportsnet WWE Network and watch it. Then I unsubscribe.

Unfortunately this weekend, I'm out of town so I will miss the Royal Rumble. And this one is probably the most intriguing in the longest time. I am not happy I'm missing it.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Always found Lee Remick intriguing. Was not just beautiful but talented. Sadly, she died young.
I knew the name well but would not be able to say what movies she was in until I looked her up. Seen only a few of her movies and only really remember The Omen and now Anatomy. I may have seen more, probably have but don't know for certain. In Anatomy, definitely very very appealing and sexy and very flirty bordering on cock teasing, which I'm more than fine with. Perhaps she would have been more than willing and makes me wonder if the expression ''eager beaver '' was originally a term for loose women.:dunno: If I was Jimmy I'd have had a woody the whole time during filming.:nod:

They finally made a sitcom I've been waiting for my whole life! Best ever! apparently they do have a laugh-track but being in such hysterics throughout, you'll never notice.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I was hoping for I.S.S. to be better than what it was, but, alas, it's not the next "Sunshine".

A decent movie for those who like the genre (sci-fi elements not-withstanding).

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more fit athlete actor than Carl Weathers. His role in Rocky was epic. Rest easy.

And of course, this sequence that begat a classic meme:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad