OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Last thread was a tad over 1000 posts.

So let's start this a repost of my take on (...of all things) Wild Things. It's probably gonna age superbly.

-----

I just watched a great piece of art that I had somehow missed in my teen years.

Wild_things_%28movie_poster%29.jpg

This was ... not as "so bad it's good" as what I've been hinted; they clearly wanted to go full-sleaze and really nailed it. It's actually a decent movie and as far as I'm concerned nowhere near bad enough to warrant the "So bad it's good" tag. Denise Richards can't act but it's not why she's in the movie anyways. What's with that ridiculous blue 1-piece swimsuit anyways? (you can google it; I don't think I can post this)
This also has to be one of the most ridiculously and uselessly convoluted plot it ends up in borderline comedic territory, and you may probaly safely drop the "borderline".

It's totally trashy, it's totally a bad taste movie, but it's enjoyable.

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just saw that season 5 of Snowfall will be starting this Wednesday, Feb 23rd. I really quite enjoy this series.

Also after waiting for what seems like forever the final season of BCS will finally be here on April 18th. Can't wait and the only thing I ask for in the final season is to please not let Kim die. If she does end up dying I won't be a very happy camper Vince. :madfire:

Reactions: angusyoung

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Just saw that season 5 of Snowfall will be starting this Wednesday, Feb 23rd. I really quite enjoy this series.

Also after waiting for what seems like forever the final season of BCS will finally be here on April 18th. Can't wait and the only thing I ask for in the final season is to please not let Kim die. If she does end up dying I won't be a very happy camper Vince. :madfire:

You know it's going to happen lol..

Reactions: sheed36

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For our friendly pilots. Great viewing.

The noise pollution! Who’s the voice over guy doing PxP on landings? Does look like authentic grey sky London weather.

« We’re all over You-Tchoob. »

Lots of families went to airports in the olden days when stores were closed on Sunday. They’d get their free entertainment watching landings from a perimeter fence and they couldn’t hear themselves talk, let alone doing PxP. But now, it won’t be done without someone pining for clicks somewhere and no one would either when you can watch it on You-Tchoob.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It was terrible, borderline comical. It didn't age well...
Some people running around in what seems like a 5 dollar cheap suit and a little hunting knife, it's not scary.

I watched Texas Chainsaw on Netflix after hoping it would be better but that was horse shit too.

Lol, cause I also watched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.....and it was a massacre allright but boy it sucks big time.
As for the latest Scream, it was the same old story with the same twist and the same actors for most of them and it was boring. Hope it was the last one, I was hoping that Sidney Prescott would die in this one just to put an end to this franchise.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Why would anyone watch Scream today. It sucked ass back then and it's probably even worse today. When it comes to horror usually the more it made at the box office the worse it is. People don't like to be horrified they like cheap jump scare.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Also watched Texas chainsaw on netflix, it wasn't good either... what happened with the tv show they were working on? or am I thinking of halloween ?

Anyway, after 10 min I was cheering for the killer vs the influencers

Reactions: Milhouse40

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Also watched Texas chainsaw on netflix, it wasn't good either... what happened with the tv show they were working on? or am I thinking of halloween ?

Anyway, after 10 min I was cheering for the killer vs the influencers
Didn't have to even watch it to know I was rooting for the killer to wipe out the influencers lol

Reactions: sandviper

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Why would anyone watch Scream today. It sucked ass back then and it's probably even worse today. When it comes to horror usually the more it made at the box office the worse it is. People don't like to be horrified they like cheap jump scare.

Well I did just watch Wild Things, soo...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Lol, cause I also watched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.....and it was a massacre allright but boy it sucks big time.
As for the latest Scream, it was the same old story with the same twist and the same actors for most of them and it was boring. Hope it was the last one, I was hoping that Sidney Prescott would die in this one just to put an end to this franchise.

It was sad seeing those finished actors come back for one last kick at the can. Just badly done. There was no cohesion and the twists were all predictable. I thought they'd bring it back to do something different but I guess they just wanted to have a quick and easy cash in.

Reactions: Milhouse40

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
We watched a movie I got from a cousin and can't say we enjoyed it although it was well done. It's a bio type and historical and the how can you enjoy a movie when the person is loathsome and despicable.

upload_2022-2-22_16-52-32.jpeg

Same actor in a comedy sketch type tv show. If I didn't know any better it could be a cousin:laugh:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Looking forward to Snowfall,such wonderful memories of LA in the 80's:thumbu:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Totally consumed by Goliath. I just saw one of the best episodes in any series I've watched and that includes some of the truly gripping episodes of Ozark.

That episode will plunge you into a whole other world where you're going to feel that there's no way out. It's episode 7, titled Diablo Verde. Of course, you're going to have to watch the prior 6 episodes otherwise watching it in isolation will not be as effective. Just brilliant acting and casting, gnaws at you the whole time as you're trying to figure out what comes next.

I don't know how the rest of the series is but I'll have to watch this episode again wants I get through it all. Just witnessing this made the whole season worthwhile -- and the prior 6 episodes were quite riveting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad