OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Dick Duff

Feb 17, 2014
Edmonton
Every kids at that time did the slow mo with the noise at school or anywhere, khh khh khh, me included, lol. But any adult 22yr or + found that show ridiculous, I mean, there was a gap between kids (or teenagers) and adults at the time. That sound effect (of his mechanical power) came only at season 3, before there was occasional noises, mostly the bang noises in slow mo.
Chevy Chase hilariously made that khh khh khh sound too, in Caddyshack, when he was putting on the practice green. Funny movie.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Finished The Boys spin-off Gen V and I gotta say, despite being a teen story, it was just as good as the original.

Also finished season 2 of Loki and I thought it was just as good as season 1. By far Marvel's best production since End Game.

If there are any science geeks out there who also happen to like cooking shows, I'd suggest checking out Ethan Chlebowski's channel on youtube. Ethan uses a lot of science and experimentation to answer a lot of common questions around cooking and particular ingredients and meals.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
So how's Disney so far ? As for me, the 3 months is not over yet and i'm already starting to run out of things to watch . The new Marvel Stuffs are so bad vs from when this franchise started years ago , this is nuts... On the other hand i did love some of the Star Wars series . Obi wan kenobi, book of boba fett, mandalorian and as specially asoka ( you need to watch the cartoon rebels first b4 watching asoka ) are all great .

Some decisions were made that i dont understand. Some very good series were cancelled after only one season , like obi wan kenobi , but you have a marvel serie like She-Hulk , who is the most awful show i watched in recent years who will probably get a season 2.

What did you like so far ?
Disney for me only had Marvel and Star Wars content I cared about. Hence, I didn‘t find it worthwhile.

That said, for Star Wars, first season of Mandalorian I loved, but not so much the last two seasons. Enjoyed Ahsoka, and I watched Clone Wars and Rebels prior. The Bad Batch is amazing but ends after this upcoming season. Andor was excellent. Obi-Wan was just ok for me Boba Fett was terrible.

For Marvel stuff, I liked Wandavision and both seasons of Loki. What If? was also enjoyable but everything else was meh. If you thought She-Hulk was bad, Secret Invasion makes She-Hulk look like a masterpiece.

Finished The Boys spin-off Gen V and I gotta say, despite being a teen story, it was just as good as the original.

Also finished season 2 of Loki and I thought it was just as good as season 1. By far Marvel's best production since End Game.

If there are any science geeks out there who also happen to like cooking shows, I'd suggest checking out Ethan Chlebowski's channel on youtube. Ethan uses a lot of science and experimentation to answer a lot of common questions around cooking and particular ingredients and meals.

I like Chiebowski’s YT videos and have watched quite a few of them.

Agree with Loki. Series finale was very satisfying.

Gen V is on to watch list. Haven’t gotten to it.

Reactions: Runner77

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Saw previews for this,anyone see it,looks good so it will probably suck then.:dunno:

I saw the first trailer a few months back and agree, looks good. It is a Scott film and Phoenix is solid so I’m hopeful it’ll be good.

Agree though many good trailers end up being shit movies. Different genre, but The Flash looked like a fun superhero flick but ended up sucking ass. I do recall the first Die Hard trailer looked stupid AF, but ended up being one of the best action films I’ve seen at the time.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I saw the first trailer a few months back and agree, looks good. It is a Scott film and Phoenix is solid so I’m hopeful it’ll be good.

Agree though many good trailers end up being shit movies. Different genre, but The Flash looked like a fun superhero flick but ended up sucking ass. I do recall the first Die Hard trailer looked stupid AF, but ended up being one of the best action films I’ve seen at the time.
It's a historical film so it at least should be accurate. But it's in English and that a pet-peeve of mine when it's not the actual language of origin,but we shall see.:crossfing

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
It's a historical film so it at least should be accurate. But it's in English and that a pet-peeve of mine when it's not the actual language of origin,but we shall see.:crossfing

Just going to go on a whim here and say this is NOT going to be accurate at all. Being in English isn’t the problem so much that it’s a Hollywood production.

Not to sound like a snob, as truthfully I’m more interested in being entertained. If in the middle of the Battle of Waterloo, Napoleon brings out a rail gun and starts vaporizing people, that would be quite the spectacle.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Saw Fincher's new movie, Killer, on Netflix yesterday.

Good entertaining movie.

My question to Fincher is.. this? You quit making Mindhunter, for this?
I thought it was pretty weak. I don't mind slow movies if they keep your interest peaked but it fell short in a lot of categories.....and the ending, meh

Mindhunter was excellent and it sucks it wasn't continued.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I thought it was pretty weak. I don't mind slow movies if they keep your interest peaked but it fell short in a lot of categories.....and the ending, meh

Mindhunter was excellent and it sucks it wasn't continued.
It was good for "i don't know what else to watch so I'll just throw it on and drift off to it" kind of movie. Didn't have any hot chicks in it so that was definitely a downer.

New season of Reacher is coming out on Dec 15... not sure what to make of previews. Didn't scream of excitement, but i might be pleasantly surprised.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Just going to go on a whim here and say this is NOT going to be accurate at all. Being in English isn’t the problem so much that it’s a Hollywood production.

Not to sound like a snob, as truthfully I’m more interested in being entertained. If in the middle of the Battle of Waterloo, Napoleon brings out a rail gun and starts vaporizing people, that would be quite the spectacle.
If that happens,that's when I walk out.
I am curious if they will go into detail about the actual reason why things went the way they did,he suffered from a sever case of hemorrhoids. As someone who has been riding since a child,it ain't no picnic to be bouncing on a horse if you got roids.

We Dutch boys when we make a movie,we do it the necessary languages.

This one here that probably no one ever heard from Paul Verhoeven from the 70's which got Spielberg to tell him to come to Hollywood.
A then unknowns in the USA,Rutger Hauer and Jeroen Krabbe,the prick from The Fugitve.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
mégantic: 8/10 good show about the tragedy.

Drops of God: 8/10 good show.

welcome to wrexham season 2: 8/10 good season

One Piece season 1: 7.5/10 good season

loki season 2: 7.5/10 the last episode save the season

Reactions: Redux91

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
If that happens,that's when I walk out.
I am curious if they will go into detail about the actual reason why things went the way they did,he suffered from a sever case of hemorrhoids. As someone who has been riding since a child,it ain't no picnic to be bouncing on a horse if you got roids.

We Dutch boys when we make a movie,we do it the necessary languages.

This one here that probably no one ever heard from Paul Verhoeven from the 70's which got Spielberg to tell him to come to Hollywood.
A then unknowns in the USA,Rutger Hauer and Jeroen Krabbe,the prick from The Fugitve.

To be fair, I was joking, LMAO!

Napolean, “Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever… but this rocket launcher is gonna erase you motherf**kers!”

Anyhow, on a more serious note, The Marvels has easily got to be one of the worst movies I’ve seen in quite some time. I went in with low expectations and the movie didn’t reach halfway up that bar.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Saw Fincher's new movie, Killer, on Netflix yesterday.

Good entertaining movie.

My question to Fincher is.. this? You quit making Mindhunter, for this?

Yea The Killer was....decent. Not bad but nothing mind-blowing. Probably could have done the same story in 1 hour and 30 minutes instead of 2 hours. Its just a guy killing people.

Enjoying the book but totally missed this mini-series from a few years ago:

Anyone see this?

Loved it. After Game of the Thrones I was looking for another medieval political show with supernatural stuff in it and I came across this on TV and was blown away. This was exactly what I was looking for. I wished it would have lasted longer but I understand it's not a long series of books, right?

• Love

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
right? I told myself the same thing , would look incredible if it was in french. But i understand why it can't be

Last night me and my girlfriend went to the movies on a whim , we ended up watching this slasher movie called Thanksgiving, easily the worst movie ive ever seen in my life , first time ive ever walked out of a movie theatre.

These trash movies are getting ridiculous 99% of them are garbage. Maybe its because I have a boomer mentality in a young lads body but seriously all these new movies are almost always trash.

Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad