Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
quick ranking of movies I saw these holidays/Winter

13th Hour -loved the action
Starwars - it was well done the but wasn't a fan of the villain
Hateful 8 - slow start but I enjoy the 2nd half
Dead Pool - not enough cameo's of Xmen Characters, villain was lame, wasn't a fan of the script
The Revnant - Took a date to this and saw it after Hateful 8. Another 2.5 hours in the woods bored me to death. After the movie, my date and I just went our separate ways lol

Also just finished Hannibal on Net Flex. Great show.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
While I find Suits took a hard dive off a cliff since resuming this year (can't blame the show, it's been on life support for some time now and perhaps needed to be put out of misery), one aspect of it has improved unquestionably.

The score has gotten incredibly better since the return. Wonder if anyone else has noticed.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
While I find Suits took a hard dive off a cliff since resuming this year (can't blame the show, it's been on life support for some time now and perhaps needed to be put out of misery), one aspect of it has improved unquestionably.

The score has gotten incredibly better since the return. Wonder if anyone else has noticed.

I'm still catching up, about to start S4 on Netflix. I'm still enjoying it but I wish it focused less on the personal drama/relationships and more on the cases. It feels more like a soap opera these days.

hard to justify going to Cineplex on weekends anymore, when cinema Guzzo has 8$ Imax 7$ regular mantinee's

The downside of that is...you have to go to Cinema Guzzo :laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I'm still catching up, about to start S4 on Netflix. I'm still enjoying it but I wish it focused less on the personal drama/relationships and more on the cases. It feels more like a soap opera these days.

That's exactly the point I made earlier in this thread. Suits had its hit single and it was great. But it's been playing it since the very early days and it got repetitive & tiresome. The producers knew it too. So they had to introduce something new to the table and I think they missed the mark completely by trying to focus on personal lives of its characters, and/or their emotions.

Because, newsflash, nobody cares! If you didn't build them up to begin with you can't just dip into the well whenever you're feeling a little pressed for substance. For example, that episode when they tried to make us care for Donna and her father was outright laughable.

Avoid.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
That's exactly the point I made earlier in this thread. Suits had its hit single and it was great. But it's been playing it since the very early days and it got repetitive & tiresome. The producers knew it too. So they had to introduce something new to the table and I think they missed the mark completely by trying to focus on personal lives of its characters, and/or their emotions.

Because, newsflash, nobody cares! If you didn't build them up to begin with you can't just dip into the well whenever you're feeling a little pressed for substance. For example, that episode when they tried to make us care for Donna and her father was outright laughable.

Avoid.

Yeah I don't think it's amazing TV or anything but it's entertaining enough for now. I tune out whenever there's Mike/Rachel whiny relationship drama or whatever and tune back in when they start talking about legal stuff. Not sure if I've gotten to that episode about Donna yet but it sounds brutal.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

The downside of that is...you have to go to Cinema Guzzo :laugh:

Guzzo's reward card is such garbage. I swear u need to see 50 movies to get a free soda. The sound in the west Island Guzzo Imax is quite good IMO

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Guzzo's reward card is such garbage. I swear u need to see 50 movies to get a free soda. The sound in the west Island Guzzo Imax is quite good IMO

I haven't been in to Guzzo in a while so I probably shouldn't criticize. The Cineplex reward points (Scene Club) are pretty good though.

And actually I've had a couple of recent experiences at the Colisee (non-IMAX) where the sound was really flat or lacking.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I'd appreciate if someone can point me to a place I can hear the soundtrack from "Self-Defense" episode (it plays throughout, but you can hear it around 38 minute mark) of Suits. It's really really good. Not sure which one I'm referring to in particular but it can be any of these three:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5181370/soundtrack

It's possible it's not even on that list and I have a feeling I've heard it before somewhere.

Must. Listen. To. It.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
y'all who go to the movies often, I don't know how you can enjoy it that much. The screen and sound sure is fun, but the whole experience is always a pain in the ass AND costs too much AND people suck

Movie theaters lost all of their appeal a while ago, it's not enough to get me going

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I'm about to indulge myself and marathon all 10 episodes of Mr. Robot again in one sitting. :D

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
y'all who go to the movies often, I don't know how you can enjoy it that much. The screen and sound sure is fun, but the whole experience is always a pain in the ass AND costs too much AND people suck

Movie theaters lost all of their appeal a while ago, it's not enough to get me going

For me it's the opposite. I can reserve seats in advance, I can see if the theatre is full or empty and there are more English films than when I grew up. I also go to the VIP in Brossard often. It is more expensive so often it is not as full and the seats are bigger. I don't mind paying more for it.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Lost interest in suits a while ago. I forget which season I stopped in but it got old how he was always boy wonder or always had to worry about his secret.

Then the unnecessary romance and the humanization of Harvey wasn't fun. I liked him more when he was 100% bad ass.:laugh:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I usually go when I'm bored or I don't feel like waiting for a movie to come out on DVD/BR.

I mean, batman v superman...yah...I'm not waiting.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Its true, but ill still watch.

I couldnt stand Ryan Reynold in Dead Pool

His jokes were all so 2003, or Van Wilder, just not funny anymore

I feel like all the promotional stuff and the stuff he did on the internet were better than what was in the movie.

Another big thing is that they showed too much stuff in the trailers. So you knew most of all the good stuff already. Some things they could have gotten further with it. Like when he was injected with the stuff in the laboratory, he could have gotten crazy motormouth with it, so much that the scientist and the other people would have gotten crazy cause of him. But he said a few bad jokes and stopped talking.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Anyone else here getting tired of all this artificial Chinese material they add in Hollywood movies. Just so that the movie appeals to that market? Always feels sort of artificial.

I'm not being xenophobic here, I just like a good movie, with a good story and little producer interference. If it makes sense that China is involved in the story you're telling, fine. If not, don't try to force it in.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Anyone else here getting tired of all this artificial Chinese material they add in Hollywood movies. Just so that the movie appeals to that market? Always feels sort of artificial.

I'm not being xenophobic here, I just like a good movie, with a good story and little producer interference. If it makes sense that China is involved in the story you're telling, fine. If not, don't try to force it in.

Like what?

Honestly I have not seen it happen much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad