OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I finished Better Call Saul yesterday, as W7 said it might end up being better than Breaking Bad in the long run, which is insane to me...

I also watched Evil Dead 2 and boy how did I miss that in my life, that was innnncreeedible

BCS is fantastic so far. Watch Ash vs Evil Dead if you liked Evil Dead 2. It's hilarious.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Better Call Saul is not even clause to being BB level. First season was awfully boring. And it got saved only when they had a Breaking Bad moment when the bald guy that was in BB murder a few dudes. So they had to go back to BB to make it good.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Mitchmagic you hate a lot of stuff. It's hard to tell what's going on.

Perhaps you only like movies that are ranked by the BFI?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Mitchmagic you hate a lot of stuff. It's hard to tell what's going on.

Perhaps you only like movies that are ranked by the BFI?

His opinions are often so controversial that I suspect he's doing it on purpose. Also, he never elaborates on them making a lot of his posts difficult to take seriously.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
For what it's worth, King ranks 'Shawshank' as the best film based on one of his novels.

His least favourite - one he actually has said he hates - is 'The Shining.'

It's worth a lot. King is a prolific literary genius and his stories translate very well to the big screen. If someone prefers Carrie and the Shining, that sounds like a genre preference rather than a quality film choice. Shawshank and Green Mile are both superior in every way to those films.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Shawshank... the movie was way better than the book (well novella). One of the best adaptation I've seen, along with The Silence of the Lambs. Others are probably up there, but these two come out on top when I go from memory.

The Shining... well, it was a great movie, but not really based on the book. Kubrick just took the setting and wrote his own story.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Shawshank... the movie was way better than the book (well novella). One of the best adaptation I've seen, along with The Silence of the Lambs. Others are probably up there, but these two come out on top when I go from memory.

The Shining... well, it was a great movie, but not really based on the book. Kubrick just took the setting and wrote his own story.

I read the story before the movie and when I watched the movie I was actually disappointed. I liked the movie but it felt like a Disney version of the story from the book. The King story was far darker and I must say I prefered it that way. Cause the lead character gets beat up and raped on a dailiy basis, he lives a constant Hell. So when he escapes it's much more rewarding than it is in the movie. (also I'm not the biggest fan of Tim Robbins as an actor)

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Better Call Saul is not even clause to being BB level. First season was awfully boring. And it got saved only when they had a Breaking Bad moment when the bald guy that was in BB murder a few dudes. So they had to go back to BB to make it good.

Its true, but ill still watch.

I couldnt stand Ryan Reynold in Dead Pool

His jokes were all so 2003, or Van Wilder, just not funny anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad