OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

Comic spoilers, but they're pretty much 100% sure to happen. They've followed the comics religiously.

Yeah I've read some of the comic spoilers.

Never read the comics at all, but just because things were similar in the past doesn't mean they will be in the present or future.

There is no Daryl in the comics? Shane was killed much earlier. Andrea, I believe, is still alive.

HabsDieHard*

Some people think it was Morgan whose body Daryl and Aaron came across.

I don't think so, but there's some compelling evidence for it.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
anyone watching The Last Man on Earth and Man Seeking Woman?

last man on earth isnt bad so far, actually funny at times even though im not a big will forte fan

man seeking woman is amazeballs. like a show about dating mixed with naked lunch. surreal, funny, always on point. along with better call saul, my favorite new show

tanaka tanaka tanaka!

speaking of better call saul, i think mike's new employer might ask him to kill either james or his brother chuck. 2 episodes left :bow:

Last edited:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Comic spoilers, but they're pretty much 100% sure to happen. They've followed the comics religiously.

The outlines/locations certainly were taken from the comics but to say that they've been followed religiously? Not really

While I agree that 2 of the deaths in the finale will most likely follow the spirit of the comics, to predict who will go from the main cast is slightly trickier

If I was a betting man, at least 2 of the deaths will be people that *should* have died at the prison

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The outlines/locations certainly were taken from the comics but to say that they've been followed religiously? Not really

While I agree that 2 of the deaths in the finale will most likely follow the spirit of the comics, to predict who will go from the main cast is slightly trickier

If I was a betting man, at least 2 of the deaths will be people that *should* have died at the prison

If you read the comic you know just well who's going to die, and they're probably not from the main cast.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
If you read the comic you know just well who's going to die, and they're probably not from the main cast.

Are you truly convinced that they are NOT going to touch the main cast in a season finale? Beth, Bob, Tyrese and Noah essentially died "just like that" so you can bet your sweet turnips that someone other than the 2 obvious Alexandrians (yes, based on the comics) is going to die

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Are you truly convinced that they are NOT going to touch the main cast in a season finale? Beth, Bob, Tyrese and Noah essentially died "just like that" so you can bet your sweet turnips that someone other than the 2 obvious Alexandrians (yes, based on the comics) is going to die

Carl is going to join the Navy and set sail for Iran.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I don't see who they could kill from the main cast to make the story go forward. There's always some kind of setting to a death, Tyreese talks to Rick, Noah talks to the guy and he's looking forward to thangs, Beth was useless as ****, not main cast, same goes for Bobby and you could even say that it helps Sasha develop. Maybe Daryl. He's settling in nicely, he has a purpose. Might be it. Or maybe it's Glenn, I mean it's been hinted so many times I don't even know. Michonne, Rick, Carol, Carl, Eugene and Abraham, serve a purpose to the story and if they want to follow the comics event, it makes no sense to kill them now. Gabriel ? Might be, but I don't consider him main cast. Rosita ? Why even kill Rosita ? Maybe they kill her, I don't consider her part of the main cast either. She's in the background.

Carl is going to join the Navy and set sail for Iran.

He probably seen that damn Simpsons Yvan eth nioj commercial. :shakehead

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Hey! X-Files is coming back!

Already found out about the finale so it's kind of spoiled for me. So in that note I'm going to spoil it for all of yous, muahaha.

Anyway, Ted Cruz is an alien sent to Earth to make sure we don't fight climate change so that his race of aliens that do not require air to live, can take over.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
anyone watching The Last Man on Earth and Man Seeking Woman?

last man on earth isnt bad so far, actually funny at times even though im not a big will forte fan

man seeking woman is amazeballs. like a show about dating mixed with naked lunch. surreal, funny, always on point. along with better call saul, my favorite new show

tanaka tanaka tanaka!

speaking of better call saul, i think mike's new employer might ask him to kill either james or his brother chuck. 2 episodes left :bow:

Not a Wiil Forte fan either but I enjoy the show. I sort of wish he would have stayed the Last Man longer though? I would like to see what a show about being the only person on Earth would be like. (and that is without vampires or zombies)

Show is entertaining though and I was wondering what I would do if I was in the guy's situation and a good way to solve his problems would be to kill the ugly chick and the fat guy. The beautiful woman would be mad at first but she doesn't want to be alone, right. So she would want his body down the line. :D

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Finished Bloodline on Netflix yesterday. I really enjoyed it. Quite dark and I thought really well acted. Brother Danny has a real nice sense of creepiness to him. Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. Should be interesting to see what they do in Season 2.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Finished Bloodline on Netflix yesterday. I really enjoyed it. Quite dark and I thought really well acted. Brother Danny has a real nice sense of creepiness to him. Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. Should be interesting to see what they do in Season 2.

That's good to hear. I'm a big fan of Kyle Chandler and I'm hoping this does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad