OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
As was said, ahs, season 1 incredible, season 2 I thought was better, 3 I never finished it was so meh, season 4, as a result of season 3, I haven't gotten to yet but have heard great things...

Dominic-eh nic-eh nic-eh :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Watched the 2nd episode of Unsere mutter, unsere vater and **** has hit the fan. 2nd episode is a lot stronger than the first one, although it doesn't end with a huge cliff-hanger like the first one did. Really good show, watch this.

Started watching Arrow a week ago, from season 1. I gotta say it's a pretty strong tv-show and probably better than The Flash.

The double story past/present makes it an amazing thrill ride throughout the episodes.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I like Black Sails, if anyone is into pirate shows. It's on Starz so there's a fair amount of nudity if you're into that kind of thing.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I like Black Sails, if anyone is into pirate shows. It's on Starz so there's a fair amount of nudity if you're into that kind of thing.

Nudity? Judging by the first episode the wigs were much more shocking, to be honest.

Still an interesting show, though.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
On the subject...

How can guess without googling what movie this is.

I did have to google it and came up with one of the worst movies of all time according to critics. I was one of the few who hated Argo too.

Two recents I enjoyed not related to Affleck:

This is Where I Leave You
Boyhood

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
If there is anyone into war documentaries watch Restrepo and then Korengal (kind of sequel).
I really liked it, honest look into normal soldiers in Afghanistan. Slightly biased but interesting nonetheless.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

nudity? thanks, ill make sure to steer away from it :p:

first season progressed a bit slowly but ended on a good note. season 2 out yet?

i know it's a bit old, but i just rewatched The Last Gladiators. love nylan, guy bleeds canadiens. even his mom says she despises the bruins :laugh:

Last edited:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
also old, just watched The Colony. not a bad movie. they managed to bag Morpheus and Hudson and it's a decent script overall. ****ing knew they wouldn't give me closure at the end :rant:

68*

Wtfff. The last episode of Homeland was the season finale? Big disappointment.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Nudity? Judging by the first episode the wigs were much more shocking, to be honest.

Still an interesting show, though.

LOL yeah, the british and spanish and their silly wigs. Just think, it wasn't until too long ago that lawyers and judges had to wear those in court.

nudity? thanks, ill make sure to steer away from it :p:

first season progressed a bit slowly but ended on a good note. season 2 out yet?

i know it's a bit old, but i just rewatched The Last Gladiators. love nylan, guy bleeds canadiens. even his mom says she despises the bruins :laugh:

Season 2 starts in January, I looked it up.

Wtfff. The last episode of Homeland was the season finale? Big disappointment.

I know right? Worst season finale I think I've ever seen, which makes it worse since the season was so good.

SPOILER**

How can the Dar Adal thing end so anti-climactic, like seriously? He did it all so that Saul could become Director? I doubt it, dumb as hell.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
LOL yeah, the british and spanish and their silly wigs. Just think, it wasn't until too long ago that lawyers and judges had to wear those in court.

Season 2 starts in January, I looked it up.

I know right? Worst season finale I think I've ever seen, which makes it worse since the season was so good.

SPOILER**

How can the Dar Adal thing end so anti-climactic, like seriously? He did it all so that Saul could become Director? I doubt it, dumb as hell

Ya that was pretty lame. Ridding in the terrorist's car, the guy that just destroyed you in Pakistan, just so you can have the video of Saul back? What? Terrible. And what was even the point of the the mother/step bro story line?? Just a waste of an episode.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Ya that was pretty lame. Ridding in the terrorist's car, the guy that just destroyed you in Pakistan, just so you can have the video of Saul back? What? Terrible. And what was even the point of the the mother/step bro story line?? Just a waste of an episode.

If they were serious about the show, something insane would have happened with Quinn. Like Dar Adal capturing him and turning him over, or killing him. Or Quinn suicide bombing Akani (sp?). They completely screwed the pooch on the finale and ruined the entire season.

There wasn't even anything meaningful with Lockhart, who was a major player in the last few episodes and was getting interesting. Especially with how he gave in to the terrorists.

Unacceptable. People should be fired.

I almost didn't watch this season because of how horrible the writing had gotten, and only did so because of people here talking about how good the season was compared to the last. And it was good, it was excellent up until this point. So disappointed.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Watched transcendence, I must say that it was really dull for a good cast and big budget. The pacing was bad, the sci fi seemed tacked on, I wanted to enjoy it but it just felt so "paint by numbers".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad