OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIIII

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How familiar are you with the film ''The English patient''? enjoyed the film immensely btw, there is a scene and it is so convincing and pretty intense and hot and disturbingly arousing. It was uncomfortable looking around the room as we were just a few guy friends.We had called in pizza but regrettable should have called in something else.:doh:

I don’t recall watching it completely. I’ll give it a look. Thx for the recommendation.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I don’t recall watching it completely. I’ll give it a look. Thx for the recommendation.

I see, of course everyone has their own preferences,but if you never seen it in the right mind set,can see how some find it off putting. It's a heavy drama,very much multiple love stories with the setting being pre ww2 and post. Don't expect to see Plattoon or something like that,it's a sad,sad movie with lovely interactions between impending lovers,very relatable to most imo.

Reactions: Runner77

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I'm surprised no one is talking about Reacher. It's a pretty decent, no bullshit, action show.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I see, of course everyone has their own preferences,but if you never seen it in the right mind set,can see how some find it off putting. It's a heavy drama,very much multiple love stories with the setting being pre ww2 and post. Don't expect to see Plattoon or something like that,it's a sad,sad movie with lovely interactions between impending lovers,very relatable to most imo.

Sounds like something you’d watch with your better half.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Saget passed further to the type of accidental hit that often made it as clips on his AFV show. He clearly considered it as benign. What a sad turn of events that it turned out to be fatal.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
All of Us Are Dead (2022)
Produced by Netflix

All-of-Us-Are-Dead.jpg

Pros:
-Excellent depiction of a zombie outbreak, one of the best I've seen
-Has some humorous scenes that land
-A few likeable characters, such as the pretty class president Nam-ra, the former bully Su-hyeok and the chubby singer Dae-su; honestly the only characters I didn't want to smack for unfathomable stupidity
-Cliffhanger aside, I liked the ending and think the series has decent bookends

Cons:
-Bloated to hell
-Dumb as f***ing f***
-Inconsistent zombie behavior
-Questionable writing

Main takeaway: An entertaining show that descends into awful moments for the sake of ramping up drama over too many episodes. I appreciate its existence and do hope it inspires more people to watch Kingdom, a fantastic zombie show that deserves to be an international phenomenon.

Score: 5/10

Reactions: Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The books of Boba Fett : The first 3 episodes were meh and a bit of a let down, bad visual effect, acting if any was very ordinary and felt disapointed. The last couple episode were very good but not sure it was a Boba Fett series at this point. Still, for the last couple of episode that were fun: 7.4\10

Inventing Anna: Watched it for Ruth....good performance but the story drags and it's like the same thing over and over again at every episode. This story would have made a better movie than a series. 5.8\10

Bel-Air: Only one episode in but as a teen growing up watching Fresh Prince of Bel air (over and over again), know every episode....seeing how they turn the story of Will Smith from a comedy sitcom to a drama more base in reality was entertaining. Very curious to see how this goes.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
King Richard: 7.8/10 Good movie with a great performance by Will Smith.

spider man no way home: 7.8/10 Not as good as the hype but still better than almost all the best picture nominee.

Nightmare alley (2021): Good acting, cinematography, decent action but too long for it's own good.
7.3/10

a hero: 7/10 At some point you stop rooting for the main character with all the bad decisions he takes.

Coda: 6.8/10 Better acting and story than the original but the ending is better in the original. Not a best picture caliber nominee.

West Side Story (2021): 6.8/10 Not very good. Watch the original instead. Not a best picture caliber nominee.

Licorice pizza: 6.5/10 Not a best picture caliber nominee.

Reactions: Milhouse40

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Very powerful film. I think I might have to watch it again now that you mention it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad