OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIIII

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Last thread busted the 1,000 posts and since I think this thread will be useful in the coming days.
What did you saw lately worth your time?

The Tomorrow War (Amazon) - Aliens invasion meet time travel. I liked the set-up, special effects are good but the story has many holes in it and it's like they could have made a trilogy out of it if they would have build the characters more slowly and took their time to build the storyline too. Even in a 2h15 movie, many things seems rushed. Still, it was entertaining. 6.5\10

Handmaids Tale season 4: It's getting longer and longer......not as good as the first 3 seasons.
The New Mutants: I lost 2 hours of my life. Horribly boring movie.
Loki : Great start but at the some point the MCU should try to have a different feel to all these Superheroes spinoff.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Last thread busted the 1,000 posts and since I think this thread will be useful in the coming days.

The Tomorrow War (Amazon) - Aliens invasion meet time travel. I liked the set-up, special effects are good but the story has many holes in it and it's like they could have made a trilogy out of it if they would have build the characters more slowly and took their time to build the storyline too. Even in a 2h15 movie, many things seems rushed. Still, it was entertaining. 6.5\10

Handmaids Tale season 4: It's getting longer and longer......not as good as the first 3 seasons.
Loki : Great start but at the some point the MCU should try to have a different feel to all these Superheroes spinoff.

Really? I'm caught up in Loki and I feel like its the best one I've seen out of the shows so far.
Would have to add that Hiddlestone and Wilson are absolutely killing it as well

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Really? I'm caught up in Loki and I feel like its the best one I've seen out of the shows so far.
Would have to add that Hiddlestone and Wilson are absolutely killing it as well

Not saying it sucks, it's better than Falcon and Wandavision....still watched all of them.
Like I said, it's still a great start.

Just would love to see a different feel to the MCU spinoffs......It's like always the same recipe in the end.
Same colors, same humor, same background story (Avengers Endgame).

For example, some origins stories might be great.
Some more serious series too or more dark stuff like The Joker.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Not saying it sucks, it's better than Falcon and Wandavision....still watched all of them.
Like I said, it's still a great start.

Just would love to see a different feel to the MCU spinoffs......It's like always the same recipe in the end.
Same colors, same humor, same background story (Avengers Endgame).

For example, some origins stories might be great.
Some more serious series too or more dark stuff like The Joker.

Ahh I get what you mean. I really enjoy the pacing of Loki, seems like the catalyst the set up the multi verse environment for Marvel.

Some different tone movies/shows would be sweet. Like a dark story on Hela for me would be nice

Reactions: Milhouse40

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
SPOILERS

I really enjoy loki but what's the story for baby gator loki in the after credits...

Also really enjoyed tomorrow war this morning. Cool story, well made, I like Pratt as an actor.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
SPOILERS

I really enjoy loki but what's the story for baby gator loki in the after credits...

Also really enjoyed tomorrow war this morning. Cool story, well made, I like Pratt as an actor.

There was Boastful Loki (the one with the hammer), Kid Loki, Classic Loki (the one speaking) and Alligator Loki. All 4 are variants also, 3 with actual ties back to the comics so they aren’t made up for the show except for Alligator Loki which has been speculated to be a joke about Frog Thor.

Reactions: canucklover123

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I was watching a recent Vikings episode last night, and I saw Brent Burns get decapitated. At first I wasn't sure it was him, until he opened his mouth and I saw his "smile" He fit right in.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Finished both seasons of Black Summer on Netflix. Pretty good. Definitely some poor script choices all over, but overall I love the style it's shot in.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Tomorrow war could have been sop much more. The general idea was very interesting. Acting was appropriate. Directing cookie cuter but not bad. CGI and monster were better than average. The first half was actually very good and then the hollywood screen writers decided to bomb the movie. I would rate the first half a solid 7. The second half a weak 5. Overall a 6 to 6.5. Okayish movie but still man it feels like the last time i watched a blockbuster movie with a good script was 10 years ago.

On a similar note i can't believe people loved A Dumb Place II. I liked the first one it was original but the sequel is so dumb. The characters were so stupid i wanted them dead and was actually rooting for the aliens. I was like kill that stupid brat already so we can move on. What a disappointment.

Last edited:

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Saw Beanpole. Russian movie. Exceptional cinematography. Makes you feel like you're in that time. Great movie overall, not a fluff movie.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
promising young woman: 7.8/10 good movie

the father : 7.8/10 good movie

judas and the black messiah: 7.8/10 good movie

Sweet tooth: 7.8/10 good first season

shadow and bone: 7.8/10 good first season

New amsterdam first 2 seasons: 7.8/10 good show

Lupin season 2: 7.5/10 good season

Luca: 7.5/10 good pixar movie

The Trial of the Chicago 7: 7.5/10 average movie but good acting by Rylance, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Sacha Baron Cohen

bo burnham inside: 7.3/10 Not really funny but good cinematography + white woman instagram song was great

Adieu les cons (Bye bye morons): 7/10 decent french movie.

Minari: 6.8/10

Nomadland : 6.5/10 not a very good movie with very little happening. Undeserved oscar for the movie and best director.

Sound of metal: 6.5/10 not a good movie but great performances by the two actors + the sound experience.

Mank: 5.5/10 bad movie

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
two shows I'm waiting for new seasons are Better call Saul, and Ozark. Both great t.v. series.

I'm split over BCS. As much as I want to see season 6, I don't mind holding it off because it will be like saying goodbye to an old friend. That's how BB's end felt and I've loved BCS even more.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
two shows I'm waiting for new seasons are Better call Saul, and Ozark. Both great t.v. series.

I need to catch up on Better Call Saul, I remember really liking the first 3 seasons then for whatever reason I stopped watching after the first episode of season 4. I'll probably watch some recap videos on YouTube to help me remember all the important stuff and I'll jump right back in. I'm also looking forward to Ozark season 4, solid show.

Last edited:

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I need to catch up on Better Call Saul, I remember really liking the first 3 seasons then for whatever reason I stopped watching after the first episode of season 4. I'll probably watch some recap videos on YouTube to help me remember all the important stuff then I'll jump right back in. I'm also looking forward for Ozark season 4, solid show.

I thought Better Call Saul has gotten better as the series has progressed.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I need to catch up on Better Call Saul, I remember really liking the first 3 seasons then for whatever reason I stopped watching after the first episode of season 4. I'll probably watch some recap videos on YouTube to help me remember all the important stuff then I'll jump right back in. I'm also looking forward to Ozark season 4, solid show.

Maybe because it was a really painful episode.

Season 4 & 5 have some great moments. You gotta see Jimmy telling off to Kevin Wachtell and Kim doing the same to Wachtell (Kim's new boss), but also to one of my favorite BCS characters who came in real late into the show; Eduardo -Lalo- Salamanca, played by Tony Dalton.

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Maybe because it was a really painful episode.

Season 4 & 5 have some great moments. You gotta see Jimmy telling off to Kevin Wachtell and Kim doing the same to Wachtell (Kim's new boss), but also to one of my favorite BCS characters who came in real late into the show; Eduardo -Lalo- Salamanca, played by Tony Dalton.
Legendary, no doubt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad