OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIIII

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki time soon.
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I'm more than mid-way through Matrix Resurrection and I'm bored out of my mind. Character exposition after character exposition. They have been literally 10 characters that has kept telling Neo what is going on and what happened since the last movie. It's literally all the movie has been so far.

The actual working title on set was ''Matrix regurgitation'':nod:

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki time soon.
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I’m already following this team, how much more trash do I need? :laugh:

its-shot-oclock-huh.gif

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Man...

- Betty White right before the New Year
- Sidney Poitier
- Bob Saget
- Meat Loaf
- Louie Anderson

2022 is hitting hard early.

John Madden
Peter Bogdonovich

Lots of heavyweights having departed. I wonder how many of them had their fates accelerated or caused by COVID. Probably not many but it’s difficult to not dissociate it.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I'm more than mid-way through Matrix Resurrection and I'm bored out of my mind. Character exposition after character exposition. They have been literally 10 characters that has kept telling Neo what is going on and what happened since the last movie. It's literally all the movie has been so far.

The Matrix movie universe ended in 1999. Anything that allegedly happened after that is part of an alternate reality I refuse to acknowledge.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The Matrix movie universe ended in 1999. Anything that allegedly happened after that is part of an alternate reality I refuse to acknowledge.

Was such a great movie. I remember at the time i was studying Computer Engineering at Laval University and had no interest in watching the movie cause i thought hey it's about Cyberpunk or something so Hollywood will **** this up no way it's good. So i actually saw the movie at a Drive-In. The main movie was Wild Wild West. Such a disappointment. We almost left before WWW was over since we had no interest in The Matrix. But then we decided to stay and were served probably one of the best experience i ever had watching a movie in a Theater or Drive-In. It's the type of movie you had to watch on a big screen when it was released to understand how good it really was.

Reactions: Redux91 and Kimota

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just finished S4 Ep.1.

The writing is brilliant, the acting is compelling. They really know how to ratchet up the tension.

If the rest of the season is anywhere close to this episode, we’re in for a huge treat.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I just finished S4 Ep.1.

The writing is brilliant, the acting is compelling. They really know how to ratchet up the tension.

If the rest of the season is anywhere close to this episode, we’re in for a huge treat.

Yeah....now the question is when I'll be able to stop watching tonight. Have to start ep.2 now

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah....now the question is when I'll be able to stop watching tonight. Have to start ep.2 now

I pulled an all nighter, with a lot of naps and have reached Ep. 6. It’s so good that I forget I’m just a viewer, I’m totally immersed, I feel like I’m witnessing the story in person. Rarely does a show do that for me.

The whole concept is just so well crafted that I wish it would not end.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Haha, was just checking in to see how @Runner77 felt about episode 1. I enjoyed it as much as you, I should have went back and refreshed by watching season 3 again, but screw it, I’m in now. Onto episode 2.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Haha, was just checking in to see how @Runner77 felt about episode 1. I enjoyed it as much as you, I should have went back and refreshed by watching season 3 again, but screw it, I’m in now. Onto episode 2.

Just wrapped up Ep. 7 and the dammed thing kept me on the edge of my seat til the end, craving for more. I feel like starting over the whole series. :laugh:

I just hope the writers will have kept their eyes on the ball for the final 7 episodes. There is no official date for their release but industry sites are speculating that it’ll be around summer-spring.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Just watched PTA's first movie 'Hard Eight'. Didn't even know it existed till fairly recently. Always thought Boogie Nights was his first.
What a great movie. Bookman from Seinfeld is the lead. John C. Rielly, Samuel L. Jackson, Gwyneth Paltrow. Damn fine debut. Haven't been big on his last few (besides Licorice Pizza which to me is a return to form. Funny as hell.) I'll have to re-watch Boogie Nights and Magnolia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad