OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIIII

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A cousin tipped me on this show,very well done and very good. No bells and whistles,just a very good cop themed show, based on real events, oh and it has English subtitles.:thumbu:

upload_2021-9-3_13-21-34.jpeg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7263154/

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Saw Shang-Chi today, Marvel did a great job again with this storyline. Non stop action, I'll leave it there because it would be easy to spoil the story but great movie.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Saw Shang-Chi today, Marvel did a great job again with this storyline. Non stop action, I'll leave it there because it would be easy to spoil the story but great movie.

I liked it but wouldn’t say non-stop action. That said, bus fight was way better than anticipated given what they showed in commercials. The later fight that followed which I won’t spoil was also great.

This movie did blow Black Widow away though. Also, great job melding traditional martial arts flicks with the modern. Simu Liu owned this role.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
He was great in Boardwalk Empire. One of my favorite characters on the show.

I’ll just forget he was in Ghostbusters….

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Anybody saw free guy? Thinking about going tonight but not sure

My friend saw it and said it was "cute". She and her kids enjoyed it, but it isn't a kids movie per se. She did mention it was more of a cheapie night movie rather than paying full price.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Saw it last night, as an ex-gamer it's f*ing great lol so many easter eggs I will have to rewatch it. Of course the movie is pure ryan reynolds, he makes the movie.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Disney+ has got to be the worst streaming app out there.

I've had Netflix, Prime, Crave and Disney and the latter is by far the worst.

Haven't experienced any of them outside my PS4, except for Netflix, so I'm not aware if Disney has the same issues on other platforms like PC, smart TVs and smartphones/tablets.

But on the PS4, it's f***ing horrid. Several times per movie I have to close the app and reopen it because it just freezes. Don't you heffin dare to push playback for a 10 second rewind! It freezes almost everytime, gets into a loading loop. The buffer size is probably way too small. Many sequences were image and sound are out of synch. Complete menu loading is incredibly slow.

For such a big company trying to compete with streaming behemoths, you'd think they would've created somthing efficient to offer the best service and raise themselves above the competition.

They'll celebrate their 2 year anniversary in two months now and these issues have been ongoing from the start. Updates have barely fixed issues. The buffering rate seems to have been upgraded, but still insufficient.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I thought the new Dune was good. Not great, just good. The visuals, set design, cinematography (even if the colours are a little too washed out), and direction were really top notch. The acting was alright, though I really liked Jason Momoa. My biggest issue with the film was the fact that it was essentially half a film, with absolutely no certainty we’ll be seeing a sequel... Also, the dialogue was a bit cringy at times too.

The best way I could recommend it is if you’re a fan of Blade Runner 2049, you will definitely like Dune. Similar feel, vibe, pace (slow burn), etc. Another film with a similar-ish feel is Rogue One (same cinematographer as Dune).

As for Titane, the film that won the Palme d’Or this year… yeesh! I mean it starts off as a serial killer film and transitions in the weirdest of ways to a family drama. There were at least 2 scenes where I burst out of laughter, so at least there was that. And while it kept me entertained and wanting to know what would happen next, this was not that good of a film. The acting was very good though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00