OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIII

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I checked out Superman and Lois. Not as terrible as I thought it would be, it's actually watchable,

Superman and Lois have 2 teenage boys, one a sporty type the other not. They have no clue who dad is until...

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I really like what they are doing with Wandavision.
Original compare to the typical superheroes stuffs.

Both lead actors are really nailing the whole idea.
Didn't like it at first, but the show grows on me.

I’m going back to rewatch it before the final episode on Friday. Watched the first episode last night. It’s great to see the little hints at what is coming.

I’m hoping the final episode is longer. I think they have a lot to cover.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I’m going back to rewatch it before the final episode on Friday. Watched the first episode last night. It’s great to see the little hints at what is coming.

I’m hoping the final episode is longer. I think they have a lot to cover.

Apparently it will run for 50ish minutes, but either way, it will be longer.

Last edited:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I bought a cheap Opteka 6.5mm fisheye lens for my Nikon DSLR 4 or 5 years ago and used it maybe a half dozen times after getting it and it's been sitting in my camera bag ever since. I thought I would use it more but my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 pretty much lives on my camera.[/QUOTE

Yup! remember the days of lugging all my camera gear all over the place,fun times! not! I don't think that it would even all be allowed as carry-on anymore due to weight restrictions, but seldom do I partake in the ''shots'' any more.

Reactions: sheed36

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I checked out Superman and Lois. Not as terrible as I thought it would be, it's actually watchable,

Superman and Lois have 2 teenage boys, one a sporty type the other not. They have no clue who dad is until...

So you've been hooked, as they say by an early installment.Let us know how it evolves and if it's worth it.

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A friend recommended this series,it's worth watching so far.

upload_2021-3-4_11-39-32.jpeg

New Tricks (TV Series 2003–2015) - IMDb

Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

I use to do the same but now it's pretty much the Tamron 17-50mm lens on the rare occasion when I do go out with my camera. If I still used my DSLR like I did in the past I'd probably be looking into buying smaller compact mirrorless outfit but I can't justify the cost of buying a whole new system since I hardly use my DSLR anymore.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I use to do the same but now it's pretty much the Tamron 17-50mm lens on the rare occasion when I do go out with my camera. If I still used my DSLR like I did in the past I'd probably be looking into buying smaller compact mirrorless outfit but I can't justify the cost of buying a whole new system since I hardly use my DSLR anymore.

I have no intention either in adding any equipment unless something that revolutionizes the practicality of it all. Sure if I go on a photo safari I'll lug my gear,but then I'm not going alone anyways and just trying to capture shots that I don't have in my library. I barely have the space to display what is already hanging on the walls and surely have no intention of opening a gallery at this stage of the game.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I have no intention either in adding any equipment unless something that revolutionizes the practicality of it all. Sure if I go on a photo safari I'll lug my gear,but then I'm not going alone anyways and just trying to capture shots that I don't have in my library. I barely have the space to display what is already hanging on the walls and surely have no intention of opening a gallery at this stage of the game.

Most just use their phones these days to take pics and video and considering some of the pretty impressive images and video quality I've seen taken by some of these phone cameras I can see why.

I like taking night shots and even though phone cameras have come a long way they still can't replace an actual camera for these type of shots yet IMO. For daytime and sunset type pics some of these phone cameras take some pretty nice pics so no need to lug an actual camera around.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Most just use their phones these days to take pics and video and considering some of the pretty impressive images and video quality I've seen taken by some of these phone cameras I can see why.

I like taking night shots and even though phone cameras have come a long way they still can't replace an actual camera for these type of shots yet IMO. For daytime and sunset type pics some of these phone cameras take some pretty nice pics so no need to lug an actual camera around.

For sure the phones are very convent and capture the ''moment'' type photos and take good quality keepsakes. I haven't done to much experimenting with them though. Not sure how the results would be if I blew them up. For that I'll stick with what I'm familiar with.

Night shots without flash right? Not the easiest thing to do to get quality photos. I still use 35 with 1600 speed and a very mini tripod and shutter cable or timer depending on subject.

I haven't tried a phone camera underwater and not too sure if that is even possible,not current enough with the ins and outs of that aspect. Have no idea even if it was encased how many fathoms it could withstand and rarely do I go deeper than 15ish meters. Underwater photos are something that I really get into,can do some much with the water and the light from the sun,playing with shadows and what not. Certainly not the easiest shots to get with so many constraints and variables.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
For sure the phones are very convent and capture the ''moment'' type photos and take good quality keepsakes. I haven't done to much experimenting with them though. Not sure how the results would be if I blew them up. For that I'll stick with what I'm familiar with.

Night shots without flash right? Not the easiest thing to do to get quality photos. I still use 35 with 1600 speed and a very mini tripod and shutter cable or timer depending on subject.

I haven't tried a phone camera underwater and not too sure if that is even possible,not current enough with the ins and outs of that aspect. Have no idea even if it was encased how many fathoms it could withstand and rarely do I go deeper than 15ish meters. Underwater photos are something that I really get into,can do some much with the water and the light from the sun,playing with shadows and what not. Certainly not the easiest shots to get with so many constraints and variables.

Yes night shots without flash. I enjoy taking shots of the night sky of stuff like the milky way and the moon but I'm not really into deep sky astro photography and just night shots around the town I live. It can be a bit challenging at times with focusing but it isn't really that difficult and you can get some very nice quality shots.

My only experience with underwater type photography is with video using cheap Chinese action cameras with the waterproof cases that I don't mind dropping in water depths up to 15 fathoms or more.

I've attached these cameras to a fishing line and dropped them to check what's on the ocean bottom and just to see any fish that might be there at 15 or so fathoms. I've found scallops in areas I didn't know were there by doing this so that was a nice bonus and have I've captured some video of cod, lobsters and even had a halibut following right behind my camera once which was pretty cool.

Since I can't see what the camera is actually capturing after I drop it in the water it's always fun when I take the clips to my computer just to see what I actually captured.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yes night shots without flash. I enjoy taking shots of the night sky of stuff like the milky way and the moon but I'm not really into deep sky astro photography and just night shots around the town I live. It can be a bit challenging at times with focusing but it isn't really that difficult and you can get some very nice quality shots.

My only experience with underwater type photography is with video using cheap Chinese action cameras with the waterproof cases that I don't mind dropping in water depths up to 15 fathoms or more.

I've attached these cameras to a fishing line and dropped them to check what's on the ocean bottom and just to see any fish that might be there at 15 or so fathoms. I've found scallops in areas I didn't know were there by doing this so that was a nice bonus and have I've captured some video of cod, lobsters and even had a halibut following right behind my camera once which was pretty cool.

Since I can't see what the camera is actually capturing after I drop it in the water it's always fun when I take the clips to my computer just to see what I actually captured.

That sounds cool! like doing some reconnaissance for fish. Somewhat like trail cams,don't know what you capture until....Can you fish where you find them? I kind of do the opposite sometimes,,free diving or snorkeling and then try my hand at line fishing if I'm not spearfishing.

I haven't done much with night-sky/stars etc but have a telescope a that can capture digitally. We go to observatory's when we can and the weather/viewing conditions are ideal.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Coming 2 America

The first one always has been a huge classic to me, still quoting it from time to time.
The 2nd one has a lot of nostalgia but the story kind of suck and make no sense at all.
A couple of good laugh but overall, the movie is not even close from the first.

I wanted to like so much but ended up being disapointed

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Coming 2 America

The first one always has been a huge classic to me, still quoting it from time to time.
The 2nd one has a lot of nostalgia but the story kind of suck and make no sense at all.

I loled at the princess still barking after 30 years.

I thought it was the best you could expect from a modern sequel of a classic comedy. Much better than most modern sequels of comedies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Coming 2 America

Lots of modern cameo for millenials, I think its aimed at us mostly, I laughed.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Superstore is really freaking good.

lemme guess, stupid white men as employees, the women are smart but swoon over ethnic men and are probably lesbians, and the boss is a dumb white guy?

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Watched a few of these recently,still holds up but have to wonder if this came out today would it be allowed.

upload_2021-3-9_9-31-5.jpeg

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
lemme guess, stupid white men as employees, the women are smart but swoon over ethnic men and are probably lesbians, and the boss is a dumb white guy?

The crap Hollywood is churning out nowadays you'd think that half the population is either gay or has transferred? Seems like they can't make a show unless it has the prerequisite Asian,black,gay,lesbian or someone who has changed gender or in the midst of it,yay Hollywood:rant::pullhair:

Reactions: Habs

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Watched a few of these recently,still holds up but have to wonder if this came out today would it be allowed.

View attachment 405231

Great series. Interesting question about it coming out today. They’d probably have to add a bit more disapproving banter from Polly/Sybil when Basil is being overtly ignorant. I mean the show goes as far as having the Major say things that are absolutely deplorable and Basil finding a problem with that. But no one is there to counter Basil for what was “acceptable” and casual racism in the 70s.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
...A bit late, but I watched Palm Springs and really liked it.
It's like they made a rom com for people who didn't like rom coms, and you're just realizing at the end that you spent 90 minutes watching a time-loop rom com.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad