OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIII

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's fine, I had a down period because I had an inflammation of the tendon that connects the inner thigh muscle with the knee so I took too much pain killers and got a temporary ulcer. I have not had my shot(s) yet and I have not seen my son now for over 7 months. I have communicated online of course and talking on the phone but no physical contact.
OTOH I have had a lot of laughs watching those morons taking selfies in the Capitol and getting arrested. :)
I have lost a bit of weight which is good I guess and Cactus Jack keeps me moving. He needs 3 long and one short walk per day. I might rename him to Handsome Jack instead. He is immensely popular with female dogs. There is this old lady who has a small poodle I believe it is and the dog normally hates bigger dogs but when she meets Jack she does a little pirouette and shove up her butt in his face and the lady said "I swear she gets in heat every time she meets Jack."

How are you doing, any vaccinations yet?

So sorry you had to go through that. Must’ve been tough not having seen your son but it appears you’ve really done well with Jack!

No vaccinations either, taking it in stride. Hoping you can spend time with us — please reach out whenever you can, it’s always fun to have you here whenever you feel like it. :)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
It's fine, I had a down period because I had an inflammation of the tendon that connects the inner thigh muscle with the knee so I took too much pain killers and got a temporary ulcer. I have not had my shot(s) yet and I have not seen my son now for over 7 months. I have communicated online of course and talking on the phone but no physical contact.
OTOH I have had a lot of laughs watching those morons taking selfies in the Capitol and getting arrested. :)
I have lost a bit of weight which is good I guess and Cactus Jack keeps me moving. He needs 3 long and one short walk per day. I might rename him to Handsome Jack instead. He is immensely popular with female dogs. There is this old lady who has a small poodle I believe it is and the dog normally hates bigger dogs but when she meets Jack she does a little pirouette and shove up her butt in his face and the lady said "I swear she gets in heat every time she meets Jack."

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the leg and ulcer, but glad you’re doing better.

You didn’t miss much otherwise. I heard there was a coaching change, but I’m too lazy to look it up :sarcasm:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Get well soon. Have you considered acupuncture? It can do wonders for soft tissue issues.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
How can you stand the pain down there? :sarcasm:

MassiveUnequaledIrishsetter-max-1mb.gif

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I subscribe to ITV because I watch stuff with a VPN and today I got an email saying Unforgotten will be back with new episodes. It is about English cold cases and I have watched previous series.

tinyurl.com/wr8s9aha

I got a real strange email from Amazon today, I bought a cheap fish eye lens for my mirrorless 4/3 Lumix G9 for 139 dollars it was supposed to be delivered today. The I go online to see if they have removed the item and they have not, it's still there and now it's on 10% off sale?

"Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 3 - 5 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience."

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I subscribe to ITV because I watch stuff with a VPN and today I got an email saying Unforgotten will be back with new episodes. It is about English cold cases and I have watched previous series.

tinyurl.com/wr8s9aha

I got a real strange email from Amazon today, I bought a cheap fish eye lens for my mirrorless 4/3 Lumix G9 for 139 dollars it was supposed to be delivered today. The I go online to see if they have removed the item and they have not, it's still there and now it's on 10% off sale?

"Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 3 - 5 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience."

I bought a cheap Opteka 6.5mm fisheye lens for my Nikon DSLR 4 or 5 years ago and used it maybe a half dozen times after getting it and it's been sitting in my camera bag ever since. I thought I would use it more but my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 pretty much lives on my camera.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
:facepalm:

I saw somewhere someone say that for a generation that grew up with South Park and Family Guy, people are so sensitive.

I would say for a generation who grew up on punk and alternative music we are surprisingly very racist, bigot and closed minded. I never thought the generation who grew up listening to nirvana, smashing pumkins, offspring, nofx, pennywise, .... would be such pro corporate zealot, religious zealot, conspiracist and a bunch of borderline fascist and racist as well as sexist. I find it very sad personally.

I've not seen the episode but maybe it is of bad taste. Some kind of PC used to be something that was expected of everyone (... who wanted to avoid being punched in the face). If you wanted to make some jokes about something it had to be funny. Lunatics complain about everything since forever. I mean news at 11. But the day we start to accept bad jokes with some racist or bigot after taste without saying anything because we "want to fight PC" is the day we have kind of lost our way imo.

Last edited:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I would say for a generation who grew up on punk and alternative music we are surprisingly very racist, bigot and closed minded. I never thought the generation who grew up listening to nirvana, smashing pumkins, offspring, nofx, pennywise, .... would be such pro corporate zealot, religious zealot, conspiracist and a bunch of borderline fascist and racist as well as sexist. I find it very sad personally.

I've not seen the episode but maybe it is of bad taste. Some kind of PC used to be something that was expected of everyone (... who wanted to avoid being punched in the face). If you wanted to make some jokes about something it had to be funny. Lunatics complain about everything since forever. I mean news at 11. But the day we start to accept bad jokes with some racist or bigot after taste without saying anything because we "want to fight PC" is the day we have kind of lost our way imo.

Well said!

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Here is an interesting documentary about Björn Andresen, a Swedish man that Visconti claimed to be the most beautiful boy in the world when he was 15 or 16 and gave him a part in Visconti's Death in Venice. Later he became a star in Japan.
I saw a trailer and he looks like one of those holy Indian guys. Just skin and bone. I remember this when I lived in Sweden, for s fairly brief time there were a lot of news about him.

‘The Most Beautiful Boy In The World’ Review: Doc On ‘Death In Venice’ Star – Deadline

upload_2021-2-28_19-5-24.jpeg

Reactions: Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I really like what they are doing with Wandavision.
Original compare to the typical superheroes stuffs.

Both lead actors are really nailing the whole idea.
Didn't like it at first, but the show grows on me.

Reactions: Redux91

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Listening to any california punk rock band like PW, NoFx, Strung Out, Bad Religion, most will be anti-establishment, so the whole conspirationist generalization might be too all-encompassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad