OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIII

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
LLZMkgm.gif
Wait. Top secret??

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watching I May Destroy You on Crave. I really don't like the lead character and it has me hating the whole thing. I'm only at episode 2 and they could cart her off, I wouldn't care one bit.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Damn the last episode of Wandavision was garbage. I think Catherine Hann is the worst actress I've ever seen.

I knew she’d be Agatha, but I wasn’t wild about the casting choice either.

I thought the homage to Modern Family and The Office was a good idea but the episode was all over the place. Weakest episode this far.

That said, just two more to go.

Reactions: Runner77

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I knew she’d be Agatha, but I wasn’t wild about the casting choice either.

I thought the homage to Modern Family and The Office was a good idea but the episode was all over the place. Weakest episode this far.

That said, just two more to go.

My problem with her is that I have seen her in a few movies and she is always doing the same thing! lol no range And she is like that on talk shows as well, the smiling annoying over-excited person. They probably cast her for that very reason, but I wished they would have had somebody that can give us something else.

But yea that episode was so slow, nothing happened. The show has been pretty sharp so far so seeing a twist that so many people had figured almost from day one was disappointing. It's almost as if they fired the writer for this episode.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Finally got around to finishing season one of Your Honor. Liked the show and the acting, but it has too many obvious plot devices that are too contrived and the ending to the season is yet another one:

I'm pretty sure Adam is still alive. Scene just meant for shock value. Getting shot in the neck instead of the brain is a dead giveaway (no pun intended) that it's simply a plot device, made to a character that is too central to the story.

Is it just me, or do I hear Walter White in several scenes when Michael argues strongly with Jimmy?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Disney+ debuts their new sub-category Star today, which is full of a lot of TV series like Family Guy and Futurama and movies like Borat and Deadpool. It's a lot of non-Disney releases and many are more adult-oriented content.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Finally got around to finishing season one of Your Honor. Liked the show and the acting, but it has too many obvious plot devices that are too contrived and the ending to the season is yet another one:

I'm pretty sure Adam is still alive. Scene just meant for shock value. Getting shot in the neck instead of the brain is a dead giveaway (no pun intended) that it's simply a plot device, made to a character that is too central to the story.

Is it just me, or do I hear Walter White in several scenes when Michael argues strongly with Jimmy?
Originally the show was called a limited series, have they confirmed a second season?

Reactions: Runner77

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Per, so good to read you again. I don't think I've read you in a while. Hoping all is good.

It's fine, I had a down period because I had an inflammation of the tendon that connects the inner thigh muscle with the knee so I took too much pain killers and got a temporary ulcer. I have not had my shot(s) yet and I have not seen my son now for over 7 months. I have communicated online of course and talking on the phone but no physical contact.
OTOH I have had a lot of laughs watching those morons taking selfies in the Capitol and getting arrested. :)
I have lost a bit of weight which is good I guess and Cactus Jack keeps me moving. He needs 3 long and one short walk per day. I might rename him to Handsome Jack instead. He is immensely popular with female dogs. There is this old lady who has a small poodle I believe it is and the dog normally hates bigger dogs but when she meets Jack she does a little pirouette and shove up her butt in his face and the lady said "I swear she gets in heat every time she meets Jack."

How are you doing, any vaccinations yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad