OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I just checked his bio and he provides a mix of metal, rock and electronic music. Liked this cut:

Any songs of his that contain a mix of the above three musical genres, that you can suggest?

Both of his full length albums are worth a listen if this is your type of music. Really hard for me to pick favorites, but some standouts for me would include:

His 'maniac' remix is pretty awesome, too.

https://youtu.be/LcI8sfwxvIs

They've got a song called 'Sexkiller on the Loose' which I used as my tinder anthem to great success :laugh:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Egjby7mXsAAXX-f

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

He was seen in public recently and he looked really skinny, sparking a lot of people being concerned he was will. This pretty much confirms it.

It's weird, I usually get the news from here but I was working still and had YouTube on with my fat brown bears in Alaska on one screen. I was flipping to local news on YT and must have seen a ticker or something. After I posted here I got cold feet and I immediately googled it and nothing came up, I found an article wondering if he was preparing for a new role by losing weight. Then I thought did I misread something? Then 5 minutes later it was everywhere. :( So sad.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Both of his full length albums are worth a listen if this is your type of music. Really hard for me to pick favorites, but some standouts for me would include:

His 'maniac' remix is pretty awesome, too.

They've got a song called 'Sexkiller on the Loose' which I used as my tinder anthem to great success :laugh:

Tinder! You must get some nice women with this kind of music (I like it).

BaggyWelloffKentrosaurus-max-1mb.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone see Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? It's a 1998 film starring Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro, but many others who would later become stars of their own.

Clip I saw gave me the impression of a hallucinogenic experience with no beginning, nor end. It was just moving crazily in all kinds of directions, distorted all sense of reality.

Lots of bad reviews, film appears to be kind of disheveled. Is it worth looking into?

Reactions: groovejuice

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Anyone see Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? It's a 1998 film starring Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro, but many others who would later become stars of their own.

Clip I saw gave me the impression of a hallucinogenic experience with no beginning, nor end. It was just moving crazily in all kinds of directions, distorted all sense of reality.

Lots of bad reviews, film appears to be kind of disheveled. Is it worth looking into?

You have to be a fan of Hunter Thompson, who wrote the book and started Gonzo journalism. Either that, or a fan of drug induced fantasies, as the movie is itself a hallucinogen.

It's not the greatest movie, but it's a classic because of its uniqueness and honors a unique excentric writer.

From the little I know of you, I think you won't like it.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
You have to be a fan of Hunter Thompson, who wrote the book and started Gonzo journalism. Either that, or a fan of drug induced fantasies, as the movie is itself a hallucinogen.

It's not the greatest movie, but it's a classic because of its uniqueness and honors a unique excentric writer.

From the little I know of you, I think you won't like it.

For others who are fans of Hunter S. Thompson, check out the comic series Transmetropolitan. The character in my avy is essentially HST in a cyberpunk dystopian future.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Just saw a notice that the actor from Black Panther passed away from cancer, Chase Boseman!

Damn, 43 is too young to die. I really feel for his family. It's one thing to lose somebody, it's another level to lose somebody that should have had decades ahead of them. I lost my dad when he was only 45, it's a hell of a lesson to learn at 19 years old that the universe gives no f***s about yours or anybody else's plans.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

The book was better than the movie,as it usually is.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Tenet was C R A Z Y.

Nolan fans should like it and pretty much "get" it , He definitely has a particular and noticeable style
but I think the average viewer will have a little trouble lol

Its Inception multiplied by the dark knight action divided by the square root of Memento lol.. It is MINDbending to say the least...

It has the intense and blaring scores of interstellar and dunkirk i mean, SO loud lol..too loud at times, those who will watch will know what I mean, .. people in gas masks talking to people in gas masks...hard to hear whats said a lot.. And a lot of the accents dont help unfortunately. Subtitles will help in the future.
But the opening scene is Electric with a capital E, he always opens his movies with a BANG, whoa

Overall, especially as a Nolan fan, he did it again. Jesus christ that was crazy. Loved it, JDW really is his fathers son, man they sound alike, and Pattinson is GREAT, was utterly surprised
Will watch again soon

Last edited:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Tenet was C R A Z Y.

Nolan fans should like it and pretty much "get" it , He definitely has a particular and noticeable style

Its Inception multiplied by the dark knight action divided by the square root of Memento lol.. It is MINDbending to say the least...

It has the intense and blaring scores of interstellar and dunkirk i mean, SO loud lol..too loud at times, those who will watch will know what I mean, .. people in gas masks talking to people in gas masks...hard to hear whats said a lot.. And a lot of the accents dont help unfortunately. Subtitles will help in the future.
But the opening scene is Electric with a capital E, he always opens his movies with a BANG, whoa

Overall, especially as a Nolan fan, he did it again. Jesus christ that was crazy. Loved it, JDW really is his fathers son, man they sound alike, and Pattinson is GREAT, was utterly surprised
Will watch again soon

So... I'm supposed to go to a theatre to see this? I figured hollywood would have adapted already and gone straight to online release. Theatres were a dead industry before covid hit, hard to see why it's worth funneling anything through them anymore going forward.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tenet was C R A Z Y.

Will watch again soon

Just saw the trailer. Intrigued.

Loved these user quotes:

Interviewer: So when did you get the idea for this movie?
Nolan: Tomorrow

Just saw the movie, so excited for the trailer!!!!!

-you really get it.

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Just saw the trailer. Intrigued.

Loved these user quotes:

Interviewer: So when did you get the idea for this movie?
Nolan: Tomorrow

Just saw the movie, so excited for the trailer!!!!!

-you really get it.

Action scenes you have never, E V E R seen in your life... particularly that car chase lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
So... I'm supposed to go to a theatre to see this? I figured hollywood would have adapted already and gone straight to online release. Theatres were a dead industry before covid hit, hard to see why it's worth funneling anything through them anymore going forward.

You SOUND like spider jerusalem for christ sakes lol, Im a big fan of Warren Ellis, good taste

There are some movies you just need to be in a theater for, Nolan makes such films lol. To have seen any of his films post Insomnia NOT in a theater is an absolute missed opportunity for any cinephile imo, but thats just me!

Personally I wished i had seen The Prestige in theaters, thats the one I had missed

Its funny, for me the only film Nolan has EVER let me down on was Batman 3 lol, but the standards were practically unreachable after TDK, I mean how do you top that...

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad