OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I've seen film threads on some other forums and they always mention where someone saw a film or series that they are reviewing.

There are so many streaming services now and not all of us are subscribed to them, so would be great if people just mentioned where they saw what they are hawking.

I only need...

SEI_73607257.jpg

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Funny there was a marathon on FX about a month ago and I watched some. I loved the show but just not inspired to do a rewatch like I could with Sopranos and have with Breaking Bad. It’s not that I don’t think it measures up, but I think a lot of the tension is lessened and it just doesn’t quite feel the same.

Still an all time favourite.

Watched the first episode of Tin Star. I think I need a break from cop stuff.

What is Tin Star? How are you liking it ... on whatever streaming service it may be on. Cause you know, in this thread, where you saw it is privileged info. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes and I enjoyed it very much. One of my favorite shows ever. Since the COVID-19 thing started I've re-watched The Sopranos, Band of Brothers and I'm currently re-watching The Pacific. I think I'll re-watch Banshee and maybe Justified after I finish The Pacific.

I'm watching The Sopranos now, amazing how much of it I didn't remember. I'm surprised all the seasons are still available (HBO).

Never saw Band of Brothers or The Pacific. I vaguely recall Justified but don't think I've watched a lot of it.

What's attracting you to these three?

Reactions: groovejuice

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I'm watching The Sopranos now, amazing how much of it I didn't remember. I'm surprised all the seasons are still available (HBO).

Never saw Band of Brothers or The Pacific. I vaguely recall Justified but don't think I've watched a lot of it.

What's attracting you to these three?

If your going to watch The Pacific and Band of Brothers I’d recommend watching The Pacific first. It’s a good show but Band of Brothers is just amazing.

My expectations for The Pacific were sky high after watching BOB and it let me down a bit.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
What is Tin Star? How are you liking it ... on whatever streaming service it may be on. Cause you know, in this thread, where you saw it is privileged info. :laugh:

Amazon.

Tim Roth is good, but I'm not going to keep going. He plays a London cop who moves to Alberta and becomes chief in a small town in the Rockies. The antagonist is a big oil company with Christina Hendricks as spokesperson.

Just doesn't seem compelling despite the two leads. I think I need a break from police shows.

Reactions: Runner77

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
If your going to watch The Pacific and Band of Brothers I’d recommend watching The Pacific first. It’s a good show but Band of Brothers is just amazing.

My expectations for The Pacific were sky high after watching BOB and it let me down a bit.

You're so right, I still haven't watched the full Pacific season

BoB had so many young actors debuting. They all have great careers now!

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Nearing the end of S4 of my Breaking Bad re-watch and have two things I have noticed.

1) the Spanish in the show, particularly from Gus, is awful. Sounds like they Google Translated the lines :laugh:

2) Jesse and Mike is low key the best relationship in the show

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
HBO show

Based on the movie of the same name based on the great novel by Micheal Crichton ( also wrote Jurassic Park. basically the king of theme park disasters lol) about a Western themed attraction park with special robot NPC's roaming around that you can pretty much do anything to, including murder and rape

Well, some of the robots have had enough lol.

But whats truly great about the show is how deep they go morally and existentially , some robots you cheer for, others not so much lol.... but then it also becomes...whos a robot..and who isnt?

Anthony Hopkins, Jeffrey Wright and Evan Rachel wood are all great, and Ed Harris is just loads of fun as a mystery character

Shame on you for omitting Thandie Newton's character! :sarcasm:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Watching Westworld, S3, episode 1. I can't get into it.

Reminds me a lot of why I bailed in Season 2.

I knew I was in trouble when I had to rewind several parts of the episode before I even finished it. It’s plastic and cold, can’t get myself to care for any of the characters or the supposed story.

Why don’t they just bomb the whole set so maybe I’ll feel bad but at least I’ll have experienced an emotion of some sort. :laugh:

Admittedly the lack of emotional content is unusal, but it's perfect consistent with the nature of the majority of the characters.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

I knew I was in trouble when I had to rewind several parts of the episode before I even finished it. It’s plastic and cold, can’t get myself to care for any of the characters or the supposed story.

Why don’t they just bomb the whole set so maybe I’ll feel bad but at least I’ll have experienced an emotion of some sort. :laugh:
Lost me during season 1. Show is just not relatable in any way.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud

I was able to watch until early in season 2, but you put your finger exactly on the reason why I stopped. I can't relate to any of those characters. And so I just don't care what happens to them. It's sad because this show's production is of very high quality. And they just added some actors I like in S3. But I just cannot like that show.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Jusqu'au déclin (The decline) (Netflix): 8/10 really good movie.

Jumanji: The Next Level: 7.2/10 simple and fun

Star Trek Picard: 6.8/10 Not my cup of tea.

The Invisible Man: 6.8/10 didn't live up to the hype for me. Average movie.

Merci pour tout : 6.5/10 it's watchable but not really good.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I don't watch much movies or shows. I watched the first ever episode of a few popular shows to check out and I caught on "New Amsterdam". A medical show which I do like. The main character Max is quite the character and the scripts/plot twists are great, as well as the cast. Into season 2, episode 11 is waiting for me.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I caught up with better call Saul; batshit crazy. Kim really asserts herself this season. Gus is still an enigma and now Jimmy and Mike are stuck in the middle of nowhere in the desert. I still find there's a lot of inconsequential stuff that just takes up time; ants eating an ice cream cone is an example. I know there's some meaning behind it, but....still a great show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad