OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I was looking for a cheap way to stream Champions League soccer that starts on Saturday and found CBS All Access, I paid 9.99 for 2 months and they show all the games. Of course I now have access to shows and films as well and I have been watching Perry Mason. They showed that on Swedish TV as well and now I have watched about 7 episodes and it is pretty good and black and white as well. They only thing that seems to be a bit unrealistic is that the cases go to court very fast. :). They also have all the Star Trek episodes and I have been watching a few of the original (with Shatner) ones.
Which of these series is the best?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was looking for a cheap way to stream Champions League soccer that starts on Saturday and found CBS All Access, I paid 9.99 for 2 months and they show all the games. Of course I now have access to shows and films as well and I have been watching Perry Mason. They showed that on Swedish TV as well and now I have watched about 7 episodes and it is pretty good and black and white as well. They only thing that seems to be a bit unrealistic is that the cases go to court very fast. :). They also have all the Star Trek episodes and I have been watching a few of the original (with Shatner) ones.

I just took a quick look at the shows featured on CBS All Access: https://reelgood.com/tv/source/cbs_all_access?offset=150

I'd definitely watch all the Shatner Star Treks.

Also, the following would be at the top of my list:

Chappelle's Show
Cheers
Happy Days
Family Ties
Taxi

You'll have your hands full with the above. If you want to venture further, maybe try:

Beavis and Butt-Head
Mission: Impossible
I Love Lucy (if you enjoy vintage shows)

Happy vegging!

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

You are probably aware that Bill Shatner is from Montreal right? Even have a building named after him at a local university,apparently he is fully bilingual,maybe more?Not sure if he is a hockey or Habs fan though.
CBr9o-BVEAIi4O8.jpg

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
You are probably aware that Bill Shatner is from Montreal right? Even have a building named after him at a local university,apparently he is fully bilingual,maybe more?Not sure if he is a hockey or Habs fan though.
CBr9o-BVEAIi4O8.jpg

I also found out that Raymond Burr, Mr. Mason himself was from B.C. and is buried there. I have almost finished the first season and had a laugh when somebody said that a person was hiding up in Canada and couldn't read the newspapers from LA and Mason answered: "You know, they have newspapers in Canada too!". Burr was a very nice guy apparently, all the crew and the actors from the Mason series had only praise for him. Generous, helpful and smart.

Edit: Typical Canadian I guess? :)

Last edited:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I also found out that Raymond Burr, Mr. Mason himself was from B.C. and is buried there. I have almost finished the first season and had a laugh when somebody said that a person was hiding up in Canada and couldn't read the newspapers from LA and Mason answered: "You know, they have newspapers in Canada too!". Burr was a very nice guy apparently, all the crew and the actors from the Mason series had only praise for him. Generous, helpful and smart.

Edit: Typical Canadian I guess? :)

Typical Canadian? not sure about that unless most Canadians are ,you know, a mans man.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
About that ... I haven't seen it. What have I missed?

Comedy about a rich family that loses their fortune in a Ponzi scheme and all they have left is a small town they bought as a joke. It's staring Eugene Levy's real life family and other quite notable actors. The first few seasons are gold , I wasn't crazy about the last season as it felt a bit rushed (just my view). Definitely worth a watch if you havn't seen it. The cast has really great chemistry and it's quite funny.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Comedy about a rich family that loses their fortune in a Ponzi scheme and all they have left is a small town they bought as a joke. It's staring Eugene Levy's real life family and other quite notable actors. The first few seasons are gold , I wasn't crazy about the last season as it felt a bit rushed (just my view). Definitely worth a watch if you havn't seen it. The cast has really great chemistry and it's quite funny.
Catherine O'Hara also plays a huge role in the show's success .

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Thanks for that.

Is it not a Canadian comedy? I also missed Corner Gas, just wondering if both are worth getting into and how they compare.

Also, I believe Schitt's Creek is on Netflix.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Thanks for that.

Is it not a Canadian comedy? I also missed Corner Gas, just wondering if both are worth getting into and how they compare.

Corner Gas is pretty lame for the most part, although Lacey (Gabrielle Miller) is kinda cute. Sometimes funny in a goofy way. Travis Moen was on once.

Reactions: Runner77

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Thanks for that.

Yeah it is Canadian, filmed in Toronto if I remember correctly. I can't speak for Corner Gas but Schitt's creek is worth giving a try.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Eugene Levy is a class act , loved him since the first American Pie movie (and also a big fan of Schitt's creek) , well deserved!

Jeeze... he goes back so much further than that. First movie I remember seeing those famous eyebrows was in Splash, a mermaid movie with Tom Hanks and Darryl Hannah. That was somewhere in the 80's!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille