OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I'd be more scared of the moose. The bear wasn't very big, he just surprised me as I wasn't expecting a bear in a semi-residential area. But those buggers can move fast.

A friend and I was chasing a bull moose when it was dark, on our bicycles. We saw something running on a gravel road when we were bicycling home from a fishing trip and we thought it was a horse and tried to get closer to see where it was going and suddenly it just jumped over a barbed wire into a cow pasture and then we noticed it was a big f****** moose.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That happened to me with a big moose bull, apparently he ran the other direction but while doing so he made a sound and I thought it was him coming after me. I have never biked so fast on a gravel road before.

I got some great shots of moose in a stream in Maine,don't think they ever noticed me,just happily munching away! Was quite the hike to get there,but well worth it.:thumbu:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I'd be more scared of the moose. The bear wasn't very big, he just surprised me as I wasn't expecting a bear in a semi-residential area. But those buggers can move fast.

At my friends place,in the town a big black bear was just standing in the driveway!looked as happy as could be. Just standing there,biggest black bear I've seen,didn't think they got that big.

Reactions: Runner77

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Yea, he hasn't been on screen much since.

For many years, he would always go to Mel Brooks' house and they'd have dinner and watch TV together every single day. Jerry Seinfeld went over and hung out with both of them for an episode of Comedians in Cars.

That was probably my favorite episode honestly. These two comedy legends had me in tears. They were bickering back and forth like a married couple eating their deli dinner. He will be missed.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That was probably my favorite episode honestly. These two comedy legends had me in tears. They were bickering back and forth like a married couple eating their deli dinner. He will be missed.

Jerry was like a fanboy. Just enjoying being with two of his idols. He had the same kind of faboyism in his episodes with Jerry Lewis and Don Rickles.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Watched this the other day,actually a very fine and funny film.

upload_2020-7-9_9-35-12.jpeg

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
The last breath on Netflix was very good, in case anyone suffering from the condition of searching for an hour to watch something.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
So I made it through the first five now, and here are my quick thots:

1. The Fast and the Furious
It's a relic of its time, but a pretty decent romp that doesn't overstay its welcome. Somewhat grounded film about an undercover cop trying to peg thieves in the street racing circuit......to think what this franchise has become. I enjoyed the relationship between Dom and Brian, and the overall feel of the film feels like the cheesy but enjoyable side of the late 90s. Score: 6/10

2. Fast 2 Furious
BRING ON THE NEEEEEOOOOONNNNN!!!!! -Ludacris probably. Honestly I liked having him and Tyrese Gibson on board, and Miami is a cool location. Cole Hauser's villain is one of the best in the series' history. I dunno, despite all the positive additions I feel like this one's aged the worst. It's perfectly watchable and makes for a good long music video, but it ain't much to write home about. Score: 5/10

3. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
I'm conflicted. The dialogue can be Star Wars level bad at times, the main character isn't well developed, and its usage of women makes even me, a non-feminist, roll my eyes. On the flip side, taking the series to Tokyo was a great move, Han gets introduced to the franchise and Justin Lin's direction holds up after all these years. I'm titling towards the positive side of the ledger, perhaps against my objective leanings. Score: 6/10

4. Fast and Furious
All the main players are back, including the Torettos, Letty (for a bit) and Brian. Easily the weakest film in the series in terms of intrigue and fun, even if it's nice to see Walker and Diesel back together. One notable aspect of the film is its transition into a fully fledged heist series, an aspect it used to share with the whole street racing scene. The main positive is how it sets up its follow-up.....and that's about it. Even the f***ing title is derivative as f***. Score: 3/10

5. Fast Five
Most regard this as the best entry, and I can't disagree. The second act goes a touch too long for my liking, but the bookend action sequences are ludicrous and spectacular, and even I got swept up in the FAMILY of it all: Sung Kang, Ludacris, Gal Gadot, Tyrese Gibson all back with the main crew was great to see. Oh yeah, it also brought in The Rock. Need I say more? Score: 8/10

Unfortunately, I already get the feeling it's going downhill from here.....

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I watched Warrior Nun last week. It's pretty much a women-led series with all the troubles a teenage girl would have, I guess. :dunno:
It does look like it's intended for teenage girls. Or maybe I'm getting too old now. I watched it all anyway. It wasn't good and I must have been bored.

I did finished Into the Badlands too, after casting aside the series for a few months. It was really more enjoyable although I had so much a hard time getting into that 3rd season.

I'm now trying to finish Umbrella Academy after casting it aside for... almost a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad