OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
On the topic of cheesy superhero, Ive gave another rewatch to Infinity War, in preparation for End Game. #NurdAlurt.

Is the Hulk beating the greatest villain moment in cinema history ? It's so damn powerful, the moment of pleasure when you see Hulk pummeling Thanos, then the realization that Thanos can not only fight on equal grounds with the strongest there is, but he can f***ing wreck him too. All that with the "Attitude Adjustment" finisher by Thanos and the THUNTHUNTHUN moment. Puts a damn smile on my face even after like the fourth time Ive seen it. Nobody expected that, absolutely nobody.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
On the topic of cheesy superhero, Ive gave another rewatch to Infinity War, in preparation for End Game. #NurdAlurt.

Is the Hulk beating the greatest villain moment in cinema history ? It's so damn powerful, the moment of pleasure when you see Hulk pummeling Thanos, then the realization that Thanos can not only fight on equal grounds with the strongest there is, but he can ****ing wreck him too. All that with the "Attitude Adjustment" finisher by Thanos and the THUNTHUNTHUN moment. Puts a damn smile on my face even after like the fourth time Ive seen it. Nobody expected that, absolutely nobody.

I legit thought Thanos was going to kill him (despite teasers showing he doesn’t die) during that fight. Just before the finishing slam, there was a broken pillar there. I thought Thanos was going to impale him. The fight also mirrors his opening speech perfectly also “I know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right, yet to fail nonetheless.”

Greatest villain moment? Maybe, I can’t think of anything else ATM. Mjolnir getting crushed like LEGO was an impressive villain moment.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I legit thought Thanos was going to kill him (despite teasers showing he doesn’t die) during that fight. Just before the finishing slam, there was a broken pillar there. I thought Thanos was going to impale him. The fight also mirrors his opening speech perfectly also “I know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right, yet to fail nonetheless.”

Greatest villain moment? Maybe, I can’t think of anything else ATM. Mjolnir getting crushed like LEGO was an impressive villain moment.
Yeah, but I think it was teased in the trailer, or at least I remember seeing Hela grabbing Mjolnir and Thor not having it after.

I don't exactly remember but I think Bane had a good villain moment when he broke bats back in the movie, and Joker with the magic trick in front of the whole Gotham mob is always going to be iconic to me too. Bill the Butcher standing over Leo wa pretty cool too (In Gangs of NY.) Jack Torrence hitting the door with the axe is a good one too .

Gotta shoutout Hans Landa in IG too. That was a great moment, when he's looking for Shoshana.

Darth Vader going ham in Rogue one is a close one to me too, but that was an ending scene and he wasn't in the movie.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jeopardy is a fun show when you get into it, and besides, Trebek is on his last legs, sad to know he'll be gone soon.

Well, returning champ is on his way to bagging his 10th straight.

He's heading into the final Jeopardy with a near $65,000 lead.

Got both Daily Doubles and on the last one, he bet $25,000.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Well, returning champ is on his way to bagging his 10th straight.

He's heading into the final Jeopardy with a near $65,000 lead.

Got both Daily Doubles and on the last one, he bet $25,000.
The contestants were laughing at the futility of trying to beat this guy.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So the returning Jeopardy champ heads into Final Jeopardy with $71,114 and bets $60,000 -- and wins it, setting a new one-day record for winnings in one program with $131,127.

Total 10-day winnings of $697,787.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
His average is just under 70 K a day.

When Trebek told him he was going to be recognized from now on, he said how he would have a difficult time now with those bookies that he usually places bets with.

Yeah, I saw the other two contestants laughing, it was surreal.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Am I the only one who thinks about the advertize that goes so many time LotoQuebec, that guy who is trying to make ads for anything is not so bad. He ends up to be on tv when he wins the lottery, the girl with the microphone ask him "c'est la première fois que tu passes à la télé?", it's the first time you are on tv, the guy answers "'oui", yes.
My point is, he's not that bad in his advertize "recommandé par les dentistes et les papas", or the other one "et pas de questions sur votre santé". Well, this last one he seems a bit doubtfull when he says this, but, anyway, lol. He looks at the wrong place with directors who shout coupez ! or merci. They took the most average next door guy they can get, or it's a real lottery winner, whatever, this ad is a bit more creative than others and before the last punch we don't quite understand what's going on.

Reactions: ArtPeur

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
So the returning Jeopardy champ heads into Final Jeopardy with $71,114 and bets $60,000 -- and wins it, setting a new one-day record for winnings in one program with $131,127.

Total 10-day winnings of $697,787.

Can't see him not crushing Jennings.

The guy is unreal. Read this:

His record-breaking total paid tribute to his daughter, whom he called “Booger” in his shoutout. The total, 110,914, is a reference to her birthday, November 9, 2014.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Yeah, but I think it was teased in the trailer, or at least I remember seeing Hela grabbing Mjolnir and Thor not having it after.

I don't exactly remember but I think Bane had a good villain moment when he broke bats back in the movie, and Joker with the magic trick in front of the whole Gotham mob is always going to be iconic to me too. Bill the Butcher standing over Leo wa pretty cool too (In Gangs of NY.) Jack Torrence hitting the door with the axe is a good one too .

Gotta shoutout Hans Landa in IG too. That was a great moment, when he's looking for Shoshana.

Darth Vader going ham in Rogue one is a close one to me too, but that was an ending scene and he wasn't in the movie.

Vader taking out the trash in Rogue One was cool as it was unexpected for me.

Reactions: ArsHabs and ArtPeur

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I watch that show sometimes and I guess the answer once on 5 times. But the thing is : I'm not as fast as they are.

I'd say once in 5 is pretty good. I have the odd run like that, but the broad range of topics are tough, sometimes I go an entire episode and be lucky to get a handful. It really depends, this guy has such a vast knowledge in all topics, he's unreal.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I'd say once in 5 is pretty good. I have the odd run like that, but the broad range of topics are tough, sometimes I go an entire episode and be lucky to get a handful. It really depends, this guy has such a vast knowledge in all topics, he's unreal.
Some topics I get nothing. The questions are being asked too fast, I have to pay attention for that time of the day after a day of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad