Lets talk about Auston Matthews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2010
You're not going to win very many 7 game series when your best player is that horrible.

Matthews wasn't just bad... He was a borderline psychopath.

If you took a random person out of the subway and dressed him in a leaf uniform, he would have a similar series as what Matthew had.

He was abhorrent at a level that neared derangement.

We should all be very worried going forward. Going into the playoffs, I never thought in a billion years that I'd be worried about our young cores future. But the maple leafs have a way of making the borderline impossible a reality. I'm worried. Very very worried. You all should be too.
you have NO IDEA what a psychopath is.
SMFH, like damn man!
If...He were a psychopath he would have fed Chara his stick on the first shift of game 1 and kept feeding it too him until Chara left him alone.
But NO.
He turtled like Claude Lemieux getting beat by Cam Neely.
def, not psychopath. lol

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I have. How has Oakland done since that movie came out?
I love people that are so selective in the facts they choose for their argument. How significant was Oakland's improvement after using advanced stats? How many championships did the Red Sox get after copying moneyball tactics, vs. the 100 years before? How many teams copied Oaklands moneyball tactics since they started using it?

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
You're not going to win very many 7 game series when your best player is that horrible.

If you took a random person out of the subway and dressed him in a leaf uniform, he would have a similar series as what Matthew had.

We should all be very worried going forward. Going into the playoffs, I never thought in a billion years that I'd be worried about our young cores future. But the maple leafs have a way of making the borderline impossible a reality. I'm worried. Very very worried. You all should be too.

This is hands down the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on this board. For all the hot takes, button pushing that people do on the main boards I’ve never seen anyone make a claim this ridiculous. You have no idea what a psychopath actually is if you would use this term to describe Matthews or anyone else on the team.

I seriously question why you would even say something so inflammatory and I hope you delete it.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This thread is just a wow'er.

Boston shit him down. Big deal really. I kind of thought we were holding as good a chance as any team in our conference of playing for the cup.

A 20 year old kid franchise center got tuned up pretty good by a savvy veteran in bergeron. Live and learn as the saying goes.

Matthews might have played injured but it was never said that was the case. So i will assume he was healthy and got owned.

I doubt you will see him that ineffective in the playoffs ever again. He might understand the intensity upgrade other good players bring in the playoffs better than he previously had.

I think it was a good growing pain and it makes him more prepared innthe future.

Full confidence he learned something about preparedness.

Matthews centering Marner and Grundstrom or Marner and Marleau is a better idea than Nylander and Hyman.

He's a 100 point or close center next year if Babcock pulls his head outbof his arse,and takes hyman off the first line.

Playing Matthews in all situations next season and 20 minutes a night should be a expected progression also.

Babcock deserves some credit for Matthews notbproducing enough. We move on now and evaluate.

Great season but we have a few things tobwork on.

Leave Matthews alone, he had a great year averaging 1.02 pts per game on barely 18 minutes a game and a 4th liner on his left wing. Babcock underutilized our best player and you could eadily say undermined his potential with his choice of wingers he provided uim.

It wouldn't have anything to do with second contract negotiations but Marner and Matthews together might have been lethal together at the end of the season

Note: Msythews actually said he will go and recuperate for the first part of his off season. He said ge was as good as he could be physically after a couple regular season injuries.

Said he wasn't 100%

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2018...fs-i-can-tell-you-right-now-its-not-the-case/

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Drama Show

pulfordfan

Sep 28, 2017
Rjukan Norway
In 1967 I watched the Chief skate around the old gardens with the cup over his head. For almost a half a century I endured team failures. Fast forward to 2015, I was convinced we needed a big first line center, We had the 4th pick, I wanted Strome, god looked down at me and said be patient grasshopper you don't always get what you want, was disappointed when Hunter picked a skinny little water bug type player. In 2016 my prayer were answered and received a highly skilled 1st line center who in his first 144 games played scored 74 goals and had 58 assists with a total of 132 points and just to make a point he scored 4 goals in his first game, every night I fall on my knees and thank whoever you are suppose to thank for bestowing this player on us, probably will be the best leaf to ever lace up skates. Then satan in is evil ways planted the seed of doubt by the way of injury and bad playoff performance to test our faith. Some unsatisfied with the speed of the rejuvenation of the leafs, resort to scorn and ridicule this gift from whoever, (who is obviously a leaf fan). I say rejoice in the gift, embrace his greatness, be happy with the fact our day will come, don't join the dark side with pessimistic thoughts, trolling and put your Faith in Shanny and remain positive. Can I get an amen, or a Go Leafs Go!​

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016

He was abhorrent at a level that neared derangement..

giphy%20%2871%29.gif

Reactions: colchar

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He wasn't playing at 100 percent my good leaf fans. I linked the interview on my above post.

Relax and don't sweat it. I thinkbit was a awesome year. Losing a first round series changes nothing.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

19789999.jpg

Matthews is without a doubt the most deranged psychopath in all of world history.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
The problem with spell check in every browser is that it lets idiots use words they never would have dreamed of, even if they don’t have a clue about their meaning.

It used to be that if I saw a post start off with “Madhoos plaid bad” I would have just skimmed over it. Now I actually have to read the post to realize how stupid it is.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Can you please just leave this fan base already? This is beyond stupid.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
OEL, Keller and uhhh Domi? Still don't think it's worth it. Quality over quantity.

Love Matty but anyone who says anyone is untouchable is just being lazy.

OEL, Keller, Dvorak 3 first round picks sign me up as I think you have to do that trade. The 3 first rounders are likely lottery picks.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
He had a bad playoff series after an injury riddled (but productive) season. He is twenty years old. He will be fine.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
In 1967 I watched the Chief skate around the old gardens with the cup over his head. For almost a half a century I endured team failures. Fast forward to 2015, I was convinced we needed a big first line center, We had the 4th pick, I wanted Strome, god looked down at me and said be patient grasshopper you don't always get what you want, was disappointed when Hunter picked a skinny little water bug type player. In 2016 my prayer were answered and received a highly skilled 1st line center who in his first 144 games played scored 74 goals and had 58 assists with a total of 132 points and just to make a point he scored 4 goals in his first game, every night I fall on my knees and thank whoever you are suppose to thank for bestowing this player on us, probably will be the best leaf to ever lace up skates. Then satan in is evil ways planted the seed of doubt by the way of injury and bad playoff performance to test our faith. Some unsatisfied with the speed of the rejuvenation of the leafs, resort to scorn and ridicule this gift from whoever, (who is obviously a leaf fan). I say rejoice in the gift, embrace his greatness, be happy with the fact our day will come, don't join the dark side with pessimistic thoughts, trolling and put your Faith in Shanny and remain positive. Can I get an amen, or a Go Leafs Go!​

Matthews is the best Leafs ever to lace up skates? Sweet Jebus.............

The kid has all the talent in the world and will likely become a legit superstar (I say likely because I am a little concerned about injuries) but to claim he is the greatest Leaf ever is ridiculous.

pulfordfan

Sep 28, 2017
Rjukan Norway
You forgot to read "probably will be the best leaf to ever lace up skates". Just my opinion, but if you quote me be accurate. Dougy G, Daryl S, Rick V, Dave K and Mats S did not have 40 goal seasons in there first year, got to believe AM is not finish impressing us. I think in 10 years he will have rewrote some leaf history.

Matthews is the best Leafs ever to lace up skates? Sweet Jebus.

Last edited:

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
You know the r-squared you see after you run the linear regression or any regression (non-linear; Logit, probit, LPM, GMM, GLS etc...)what is that called?

Coefficient of determination. I think the point you are going for is coefficient of correlation (which you square to get R^2). Correlation does not fit a line. Correlation only tells you how well two variables relate to one another. They are related, but not the same.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Love Matty but anyone who says anyone is untouchable is just being lazy.

OEL, Keller, Dvorak 3 first round picks sign me up as I think you have to do that trade. The 3 first rounders are likely lottery picks.

Will those lottery picks get us a franchise C? We'll need one. Oh and OEL is UFA in 1 year. He'll want 9 million per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad