Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Moverare

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Alright! it's almost that time...season is circling the drain and Blake's got a job to save.

Select who you think is outgoing...and post that as well as who you think our targets are. Winner gets the smug satisfaction of being right on the internet. Losers get the prize of continuing to watch this team.

Call your shot!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Didn't include Madden because he sucks and Pinelli, Chromiak because theyr'e still too far out as well as the Europeans because they don't exist in the Kings org's actual plans (ie Kirsanov)

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I have Kaliyev, Spence, Grundstrom and the 2025 first for a heavily retained Boone Jenner and a 2nd in my drool pool.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Most signs point to management staying the course. And the odds do suggest they’ll start to pick up some wins post all star break.

I think they make a trade to upgrade the roster if they are in the playoff hunt come the trade deadline. That gives them 14 games to show a trade makes sense by the 3/8 deadline. 50/50 home road split. And the schedule the rest of the way is just brutal. They are playing 3 or 4 games a week every week until the last week of the regular season.

It sounds like the needs they would target are depth forward and starting goalie. Assuming they are in the hunt, injured players (minus Copley) return and no new big injuries, they’ll have no cap space to add. And the trade able players don’t make very much.

So a trade that seems to make sense in terms of needs, assets and cap space is one with Montreal. The Kings probably think they could use Jake Allen and Talbot as an upgraded tandem in net during the playoffs. And they might see Sean Moneyhands as the cure for their flaccid goal production from the bottom six.

Allen is like a slightly younger Cam Talbot and he’s got one year left on his deal at a $3.85M cap hit. Monahan is a UFA with a $1.95M cap hit. He’s like an older, cheaper, more productive, stronger defensive, better character version of Pierre Luc Dubois.

And you know Bergy has some knowledge of where some bodies are buried in Montreal, enough to get the Habs to retain 50% of the contracts for both players. It makes total sense because it is the most stubborn way the good old boys club can double down on their biggest offseason mistakes and lord their arrogance over the stupid haters.

So to truly make it a massive diarrhea of a move, it’s clear to see how the only way to make it work is to address the following key requirements:

1. Do not lose face by moving any vet that is highly paid
2. Admit no wrong by reinforcing the failed strategy to date
3. The value of any assets leaving the organization must be minimized to the public on all fronts
4. Effff themmm kidssss

So, with all that in mind, I voted for Spence, Kaliyev and the available second. To make the money work, I would add Grundstrom to the package. It’s 4 assets for 2 coming back. Kings remove 3 future RFAs from the offseason task list. And they only take one back who fills an existing open need for next season at goalie, at a low number.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
AK & the 1st are basically gone already....Blake's finger in on the button. Just a matter of how much more he adds on.

Reactions: chris kontos

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Honestly, I don't think they'll make any trade. If they do it'll be for a goalie, but even then I don't see anything out there that's going to be an improvement. There's also no room to make any "upgrade" once Arvidsson comes back. I'm not convinced any coach firing is going to get this going again and by the time the deadline comes around it may already be too late. If they trade away Roy then that's the signal they're waving the white flag.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
knowing blake i voted for kaliyev and 2024 first for jake allen(despite him saying he wants to stay in montreal- hes from nova scotia) and any montreal thug thats not arber checkeye. so we'll lose potential scoring for a disgruntled allen and another guy that will rot in the a.
hate to see arty go but his situation reminds of another kings player that was kinda goofy and traded before he got a real shot- that was larry murphy. larry wound up with multiple cups and is in the hof. i dont think arty will wind up in the hall but his talent is going to waste in todd's stone age trap system and it will be interesting to watch this guys career whatever happens.
this front office of ours has me beyond anger and is moving into the sick humor phase.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
IF they made a coaching change I’d be open to moving a combination of Fagemo, Grundström, Kaliyev and Roy for an upgrade in net and some size at wing. Big IF, I fear.

If we are out of a spot I’d add RV to the list and I only want picks/prospects coming back which means we lose everything in the list above and get pending UFA’s back. Whilst that is insanity so is not making a coaching change, because right now they could still turn this season into something decent. It is a decent roster (goaltending noted) that is seriously underachieving.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Kaliyev and a 1st for some unimportant pieces. Like to Buffalo for Greenway and Luukkonen.
Spence and Thomas in a separate deal for more unimportant pieces.
Nothing will change and theyll still lose just without the ability to blame and scratch Kaliyev and Spence.
Time to trade the vets. Guys with expiring contracts like Roy Talbot Rittich and Arvidsson should be first. Doughty and Kopitar if possible. He had his legends night already. I was there and they sucked that night it was a waste of time and I am sick of the road the Kings have gone down.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Kaliyev and a 1st for some unimportant pieces. Like to Buffalo for Greenway and Luukkonen.
Spence and Thomas in a separate deal for more unimportant pieces.
Nothing will change and theyll still lose just without the ability to blame and scratch Kaliyev and Spence.
Time to trade the vets. Guys with expiring contracts like Roy Talbot Rittich and Arvidsson should be first. Doughty and Kopitar if possible. He had his legends night already. I was there and they sucked that night it was a waste of time and I am sick of the road the Kings have gone down.
I could see one of the basement teams taking Thomas for a 3rd or something as he’s worth a swing now he’s fully fit - I really hope not though. I think he’s ready for a call up.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I voted that we are going to trade away Roy and/or Kaliyev, but I think, while there could be a mid-level transaction for a goalie or small-depth acquisition, we won't see any major deals and will keep our 1st round pick. The Kings like wasting away their assets and not dealing them out for the most part. I think Blake is dead in the water, mostly because of his own doing but also because I don't see ownership approving him making a major deal and sending out the 1st + prospect ++ at the deadline. He is handcuffed because of the cap which he admitted during the presser when he said that he is looking at Arvidsson as their deadline acquisition because they have to keep cap space available for his return.

I would be surprised if there was something big outside of some sort of miracle PLD move which can both be good or bad. It is sort of a damned deal now where you don't know what to do. You want him off the team, but you don't want to pay three 1st round picks to get rid of his contract while at the same time, as abysmal as he is, you just know he is going to play better, or closer to that 20g+ 60p+ player when he is off the roster and you might as well hang onto him because there is no going back and will see how he fares under different ownership, coaching, and getting used to a season or two under a different system which might be better for him blah blah.

This team is hosed and locked into place. When healthy, it can't even roll a 23-man roster. It financially can't do anything outside of trading away players if it continues to slide. At this point, I don't even want to get rid of anyone, just have them last until a new front office takes the reigns and gets another chance to right the ship and do right by some of the players.

Honestly, losing Kaliyev and Roy is just stupid. Kaliyev hasn't been a great gamebreaker or anything, but he is clearly good and belongs in the lineup. Like always, we just force our young players to play stupidly limited minutes and to play in situations ignoring their strengths. You just know he is going to be fine and a 20-30 goal scorer anywhere else. Roy is also slightly lame to lose because he is one of the few holding down the back end with reasonable competence. They just need to commit either way. Clarke isn't going anywhere and is being missused and Spence has been fine, but both are slightly redundant players. You either go full mobile and play Spence and Clarke and deal Roy, or you resign Roy and trade Spence. Gotta pull the pin sooner or later, but given this organization, I expect Spence to be in the pressbox for the next year and a half and lost to waiver sooner or later after he's been dazed going stir-crazy in the team suite.

Last edited:

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
I put AK, Turcotte, and the 1st but I realize for that you're going to be trying to get something decent back. Comes with salary...and I'm not sure how much space ~$3M at the deadline gives you. A lot?

That's why I'd say Roy, but then you have the "who takes his spot" issue that Blake probably hasn't figured out.

Honestly I hope he and TM get the axe before the deadline and a new GM comes in immediately with the directive to sell it all. It won't happen though so I'll just have the sads.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Thomas and the Kings' 2024 1st round pick for Grant Fuhr (the diet Coke version).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad