Votes: 24 35.8%
  • Arvidsson

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Moverare

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
No Doughty on the list is strange. If Rob is throwing in the towel Doughty should be the first to go. Might be a good idea to move him anyways. Unfortunately there's only one playoff team that wants a RD & has short term cap to move out & the assets to make it happen. They're in the Pacific.

Kaliyev, maybe. Blake is going to need cheap players next year & after tanking Kaliyev's value, he'll be cheap to re-sign next season.

Blake is going to go for it though. Selling off at this point & missing the playoffs will get you fired faster than slamming the gas down. So get in that goalie market!

Problem with the goalie market is it sucks & not getting better in the Summer. Saros, Ulmark haven't been playing great. The ask is going to be high & probably won't be worth it compared to other options. Allen isn't better than what we have currently. That leaves a gamble on Gibson or Markstrom. Figure the Ducks & Flames would be open to trading with the King's, because 50:50 the goalies go out like Cal/Quick & tank the King's. Get some salary retained & maybe an LTIR contract to make the numbers work.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
No Doughty on the list is strange. If Rob is throwing in the towel Doughty should be the first to go. Might be a good idea to move him anyways. Unfortunately there's only one playoff team that wants a RD & has short term cap to move out & the assets to make it happen. They're in the Pacific.

Kaliyev, maybe. Blake is going to need cheap players next year & after tanking Kaliyev's value, he'll be cheap to re-sign next season.

Blake is going to go for it though. Selling off at this point & missing the playoffs will get you fired faster than slamming the gas down. So get in that goalie market!

Problem with the goalie market is it sucks & not getting better in the Summer. Saros, Ulmark haven't been playing great. The ask is going to be high & probably won't be worth it compared to other options. Allen isn't better than what we have currently. That leaves a gamble on Gibson or Markstrom. Figure the Ducks & Flames would be open to trading with the King's, because 50:50 the goalies go out like Cal/Quick & tank the King's. Get some salary retained & maybe an LTIR contract to make the numbers work.
Doughty is unmovable. Karlsson had to put up a historic season just for the Sharks to be able to dump him for next to nothing with that contract.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Might be wishful thinking but I really hope AEG has put a hold on all moves until further notice. As poetic and ironic as it would be to have another former Kings captain and defenseman fail this organization in the front office, they can't let him Dave Taylor his way out the door.

Doughty is unmovable. Karlsson had to put up a historic season just for the Sharks to be able to dump him for next to nothing with that contract.
Anyone is movable if they agree to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schmooley

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
What are his strength now? His shot and the pp used to be what he was known for, yet his last pp goal was in Nov and 5v5 goal was Dec 5th. Teams have figured him out and just let the goalie square up to him or put a defender in front of the right dot to stop him. He's made no adjustment to his shot, where when you watch say Kempe, he shoots from the same spot, sees a dman get in front, then moves to the middle to get a better shot off. The guy is way too talented to not figure this out.

Yeah, but at the same time, he isn't on the powerplay at all anymore, and he is grinding on the 4th line getting no minutes with Turcotte where he looked fine. He is playing with a lot of hustle, still has his shot, and a decent pass as well as I think he gained a little bit of speed.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think before his divorce he would be up for a trade to a contender. But his recent divorce might make him unwilling to waive his NMC. because most likely his ex (and therefore his kids) wouldnt uproot and go with him. i dont know maybe he'd be up for that.. personally I could not live away from my kids.

Reactions: FrozenKing18

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I think before his divorce he would be up for a trade to a contender. But his recent divorce might make him unwilling to waive his NMC. because most likely his ex (and therefore his kids) wouldnt uproot and go with him. i dont know maybe he'd be up for that.. personally I could not live away from my kids.
I miss the hell out of my kid after a 12hr shift at work. I can’t imagine what it’d be like being away during a hockey season.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What are his strength now? His shot and the pp used to be what he was known for, yet his last pp goal was in Nov and 5v5 goal was Dec 5th. Teams have figured him out and just let the goalie square up to him or put a defender in front of the right dot to stop him. He's made no adjustment to his shot, where when you watch say Kempe, he shoots from the same spot, sees a dman get in front, then moves to the middle to get a better shot off. The guy is way too talented to not figure this out.

Kempe only has two power play goals this year, one fewer than Kaliyev

Maybe he just has to figure it out

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
I'm probably late to the party here but trading Kaliyev before making a coaching change would be legitimately the STUPIDEST thing I've ever witnessed.

It's obvious this team needs a coaching change and said coaching change could only benefit a guy like Kaliyev.

Make the coaching change, then see what Kaliyev does in the next month before the trade deadline. Maybe his value stays the same. Or maybe he thrives under a different coach and the Kings keep him. The other possible outcome is he does well and increases his trade value but the Kings still decide to move him to address other needs in the lineup - Which still could end up being a mistake, but maybe one they can live with.

Kaliyev may be a little one dimensional (I think people are under-selling his passing ability) - But he's 100% the type of player we trade and then boom, he's a 40 goal scorer for another squad. In a different system and with consistent playing time with decent line mates, he could feast.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Even more reason to ignore his wishes and build the team the right way.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
:kings
Jake Middleton

:wild
Andreas Englund
Carl Grundstrom

Boone Jenner
2nd Round Pick
:cbj
Arthur Kaliyev
Blake Lizotte

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
PLD - Jenner - Fiala
Turcotte - Lewis - Fagemo
*JAD

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Roy
Middleton - Clarke
*Spence

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I'm probably late to the party here but trading Kaliyev before making a coaching change would be legitimately the STUPIDEST thing I've ever witnessed.

It's obvious this team needs a coaching change and said coaching change could only benefit a guy like Kaliyev.

Make the coaching change, then see what Kaliyev does in the next month before the trade deadline. Maybe his value stays the same. Or maybe he thrives under a different coach and the Kings keep him. The other possible outcome is he does well and increases his trade value but the Kings still decide to move him to address other needs in the lineup - Which still could end up being a mistake, but maybe one they can live with.

Kaliyev may be a little one dimensional (I think people are under-selling his passing ability) - But he's 100% the type of player we trade and then boom, he's a 40 goal scorer for another squad. In a different system and with consistent playing time with decent line mates, he could feast.
Same for PLD. As much as he deserves the criticism, this is as much (if not more) Blakes fault for trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. That's the common theme during this TM/Blake regime. They've tried the TM way and it's hit a dead end. Now find a coach whose system of play is a better fit for the skills/talents of this team. Especially since we're stuck with PLD for many years.

Stop playing bad defenders on PK / late close games / wrong side (Durzi), stop making a high skilled guy into a 4th line grinder (all young guys), start playing guys in places that match their skills (almost everyone), stop playing old vets 59 minutes a game (Kopi/DD), etc., etc.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Jake Middleton

Andreas Englund
Carl Grundstrom

Boone Jenner
2nd Round Pick
Arthur Kaliyev
Blake Lizotte

PLD - Jenner - Fiala
*JAD

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Roy
Middleton - Clarke
*Spence

I don't think either Columbus or Minnesota take those deals.

Boone Jenner has a great contract, heart and soul leader and I'm sure is going to strike up a bit of a bidding war. Like the player a bunch, but that trade doesn't get it done.

Would like Middleton back in LA, but i think it would take more. He's on a good deal, nice value for money player that several teams would covet, if available.

Also, cap wise, does it all work? Especially with Arvidsson coming back.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Every move that they will likely make will simply be putting a band-aid on a sinking ship. This team isn't winning a cup the way it's constructed down to its core.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Clarke, Kaliyev and a 1st for Ovechkin

My real guess would be a couple of "marginal" trades - maybe something like Spence and a 2nd (or a couple of 2nds) for a supposedly-dependable middle-sixer or two. If Blake (Luc?) truly has been given a "This team makes the playoffs this year or you're surfing full-time this summer" mandate, I could also see Clarke and a 1st (or two) going bye-bye for a scoring forward with limited remaining term and a goalie (gross).

Personally, I'm in the "they should be sellers" crowd, but that would almost certainly doom Blake. And it's not going to happen: Jarret Stoll was on SiriusXM's NHL channel a couple of weeks ago (can't recall the exact program - this was around the time of their one road win in Carolina), and he said (paraphrased): "I fully expect a trade or two for this team near the deadline. They feel they're a championship contender, and they want to add. They do need the players they have to play better (you don't say??)"

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Kaliyev + a 4th to the Rangers for Kakko. I've read both may be available. Both may of been misused up to now.

And if it's not too late, Voynov to the Flyers for Carter Hart.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Nevermind! Jets got Monahan

Funny timing. I thought it was oddly quiet and I was right just for the wrong team :laugh:

Oh my, the egg on faces here (edit: front office, not HF) when Winnipeg goes deep and LA gets shitkicked with PLD a -20

Reactions: DoktorJeep

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Jake Middleton

Andreas Englund
Carl Grundstrom

Boone Jenner
2nd Round Pick
Arthur Kaliyev
Blake Lizotte

PLD - Jenner - Fiala
*JAD

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Roy
Middleton - Clarke
*Spence
I like the jenner deal but i do not think Columbus does. He plays often as their #1C. LA would have to send some cap elsewhere as well. Don't think including Grundstrom would be enough but would include him to get Jenner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad