Votes: 24 35.8%
  • Arvidsson

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Moverare

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
If they can find a way to make the money work by pulling in other teams on retention, dumping Lizotte and Grundstrom, or using LTIR then I think Blake wouldn’t hesitate to deal Kaliyev, Spence, 2024 1st, and 2025 2nd for Tarasenko and Chychrun. The quintessential modern-day Parrish/Sopel deal.

One thing that I am sure will happen is if Kaliyev and Spence are dealt, it will be claimed that neither of them were EVER going to re-sign with the Kings anyway. Spence was willing to hold out all of next year and had his heart set on going back to Japan to play while Kaliyev was the sole source of the recent locker room discord, was bullying PLD off the ice, and demanded to be paid more than Doughty etc.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Kaliyev, Spence, and a 1st to get Chychrun and then a goalie from somewhere. Maybe Allen, But if Blake goes full panic I would not be suprised at Kaliyev and Spence moving and keeping Roy.

• Wow
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I put AK, Turcotte, and the 1st but I realize for that you're going to be trying to get something decent back. Comes with salary...and I'm not sure how much space ~$3M at the deadline gives you. A lot?

That's why I'd say Roy, but then you have the "who takes his spot" issue that Blake probably hasn't figured out.

Honestly I hope he and TM get the axe before the deadline and a new GM comes in immediately with the directive to sell it all. It won't happen though so I'll just have the sads.
You play both Clarke and Spence and add a bit of size upfront. The way I see it we are losing with Roy so the worst we do is lose without him. That applies to most of them though.

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Kaliyev, Roy, and a 1st for someone who doesn’t touch playoff ice because the black hole leaves no survivors!

Blake has to be handcuffed before he trades Arty this week instead of letting Todd go

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
You play both Clarke and Spence and add a bit of size upfront. The way I see it we are losing with Roy so the worst we do is lose without him. That applies to most of them though.
Oh sure...but Blake won't see it that way. Not only that, he also knows doing so seals his fate as well. His ONLY hope is the team recovers and goes on another run. He's in survival backed into a corner rabid dog mode right now. It's not a good time to be a fan of the team with regards to the future.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Arvidson as well if you have a buyer.

Hopefully Doughty throws a hissy fit and wants out too! Then rebuild correctly with a whole new front office and scouting team!
I imagine Arvidsson won’t get us much since he hasn’t played. As for Doughty, the only reason I kept him off the list is because we’re out of RHD to trade. Either trade him and get another one in return or wait until the summer. Either way, he should be gone too.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
If out I’d trade:

RV (not sure if money is there to resign)
Roy demand a late first
Grundstrom mid pick
Lizotte 2cd or third
Kaliyev (not sure value/combine with another piece)

24-25
Byfield Kopi Kempe
Fiala Danault Moore
Turcotte PLD Laf
Thomas Helenius Fagemo

Anderson Doughty
Gavrikov Clarke
Moverare Spence

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Man it's depressing that Kaliyev is just dead to them at this point.

This time next year we'll have basically the entire Kings rebuild parading around on the top-6 and top-4 of other playoff teams that are all ahead of the current Kings.

f***ing pathetic dipshits, way to jam the stick in your own spokes.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
No big deal if you make it clear to them you’re rebuilding. They’ll want out.
I think the only concern for them at that point is that the NMC in the contract then becomes wiped out (I recall this being a thing with some other contract). If that IS the case, they might be less inclined knowing they could be moved again to some other team and not have a say in it this time.

I could be wrong on that claim though.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
mentioned previously but could totally see the Spence/Kaliyev and this years #1 for a Kris Letang or some other aging defensemen or player. Nick Foligno caliber not unreasonable either.

The Ottawa trade someone suggest for Chychrun or Tarasenko also would not surprise me.

Only wish there were someone in the organization who put the franchise into Read Only mode and spare any further moves from Blake that will only be face saving moves at the expense of the future of the club. Koala has not shown to be worth a shit putting young players into roles the can succees.

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake
I think the only concern for them at that point is that the NMC in the contract then becomes wiped out (I recall this being a thing with some other contract). If that IS the case, they might be less inclined knowing they could be moved again to some other team and not have a say in it this time.

I could be wrong on that claim though.

I think you are referring to Dadonov. Ottawa traded him to Vegas who then traded him to Anaheim. The Ducks were on his no trade list, and the second deal was voided. Ottawa was forced to forfeit a #1 pick as a result for not informing Vegas about the no trade clause. The NTC/NMC clause still applies to the new team, I believe, if a player waives it for a particular trade.

Reactions: SmytheKing

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
I think you are referring to Dadonov. Ottawa traded him to Vegas who then traded him to Anaheim. The Ducks were on his no trade list, and the second deal was voided. Ottawa was forced to forfeit a #1 pick as a result for not informing Vegas about the no trade clause. The NTC/NMC clause still applies to the new team, I believe, if a player waives it for a particular trade.
No. It was years ago and I believe it was a King. It might have been the Mike Richards trade from Philly and then if he could be traded later...or maybe it had to do with Visnovsky when he got traded and if his NTC would still count since the Kings traded him before it kicked in. It's hazy.

You're probably correct though.

Reactions: Piston

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Something around Turcotte, Kaliyev, and a 1st for Jake Guentzel with max retention, I'd guess. PLD just hasn't had the right linemates, you see.

Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe
Dubois - Byfield - Guentzel
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Grundstrom - Lizotte - Lewis

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Roy - Spence

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Honestly, losing Kaliyev and Roy is just stupid. Kaliyev hasn't been a great gamebreaker or anything, but he is clearly good and belongs in the lineup. Like always, we just force our young players to play stupidly limited minutes and to play in situations ignoring their strengths. You just know he is going to be fine and a 20-30 goal scorer anywhere else. Roy is also slightly lame to lose because he is one of the few holding down the back end with reasonable competence. They just need to commit either way. Clarke isn't going anywhere and is being missused and Spence has been fine, but both are slightly redundant players. You either go full mobile and play Spence and Clarke and deal Roy, or you resign Roy and trade Spence. Gotta pull the pin sooner or later, but given this organization, I expect Spence to be in the pressbox for the next year and a half and lost to waiver sooner or later after he's been dazed going stir-crazy in the team suite.
What are his strength now? His shot and the pp used to be what he was known for, yet his last pp goal was in Nov and 5v5 goal was Dec 5th. Teams have figured him out and just let the goalie square up to him or put a defender in front of the right dot to stop him. He's made no adjustment to his shot, where when you watch say Kempe, he shoots from the same spot, sees a dman get in front, then moves to the middle to get a better shot off. The guy is way too talented to not figure this out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad