Speculation: Let's make a list of players that "Could" Be traded for our 1st Round Pick (11th Overall)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Very relevant to this discussion:

Quick hit of the 11 players: Clayton Keller, Brandon Carlo, Rasmus Andersson, Devon Toews, Alexis Lafreniere, Jonas Brodin, Artem Zub, Anthony Cirelli, Timothy Liljegren, Shea Theodore, and Pierre-Luc Dubois.

I disagree with every name on the list.

It's almost an irrelevant discussion.....because the Canucks don't have any cap-room to acquire a single guy on that list.

If they do trade the 11th pick, it's more likely they trade back in the first round and try to acquire another second rounder which was squandered in the Hronek deal.

It would still be a bitter pill to swallow.....but would be more understandable.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Quick hit of the 11 players: Clayton Keller, Brandon Carlo, Rasmus Andersson, Devon Toews, Alexis Lafreniere, Jonas Brodin, Artem Zub, Anthony Cirelli, Timothy Liljegren, Shea Theodore, and Pierre-Luc Dubois.

I disagree with every name on the list.

keller is going to be a superstar and has a great contract. i'd make that trade in a heartbeat. i'd probably also move the 11th for carlo (great contract). brodin, andersson and theodore are close but their contracts are shorter and they are on the older side. i probably wouldn't trade for them now (canucks still aren't close enough) but if they move miller for some depth and cap space i'd consider making the trade. toews' contract is too short. cirelli, lafreniere, zub, liljegren and dubois just aren't good enough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad