Speculation: Let's make a list of players that "Could" Be traded for our 1st Round Pick (11th Overall)

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Crazy as we just had to wait 1 more year to have Eriksson, Roussel, Beagle expire all at the same time and gain 12m in cap space while adding Guenther.

Oh and we also would have an extra 5m in cap space without Garland. So basically 17m. That's Petey re-signed easily with 14m to spare.

You literally had to do nothing. And they f***ed it all up.

Can you believe we have 5 more years of OEL? This is 100x worse than Eriksson.

Absolutely crippling. All because of a lazy, dumb and selfish GM.

Reactions: Javaman

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Crazy as we just had to wait 1 more year to have Eriksson, Roussel, Beagle expire all at the same time and gain 12m in cap space while adding Guenther.

The team obviously still liked OEL and the Canucks wouldn't have drafted Guenther. They most likely would have drafted Sillinger (and I'm saying this with Sillinger having been my choice for BPA).

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Very relevant to this discussion:

Quick hit of the 11 players: Clayton Keller, Brandon Carlo, Rasmus Andersson, Devon Toews, Alexis Lafreniere, Jonas Brodin, Artem Zub, Anthony Cirelli, Timothy Liljegren, Shea Theodore, and Pierre-Luc Dubois.

I disagree with every name on the list.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

Quick hit of the 11 players: Clayton Keller, Brandon Carlo, Rasmus Andersson, Devon Toews, Alexis Lafreniere, Jonas Brodin, Artem Zub, Anthony Cirelli, Timothy Liljegren, Shea Theodore, and Pierre-Luc Dubois.

Yeah, That pick is super valuable, and while I am not against trading it for the right piece, none of them are that... and some are just terrible. Like PLD... why would we want him for the one season before he goes to Montreal?

Reactions: Vector

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver

11 is worth about as much as the team gave up for Hronek, and I'd likely take Andersson in a straight up swap for Hronek even ignoring contracts, but especially so factoring in contracts.

Keller is probably fair but doesn't make sense for this team.

The rest don't make sense.

Reactions: Vector

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
11 is worth about as much as the team gave up for Hronek, and I'd likely take Andersson in a straight up swap for Hronek even ignoring contracts, but especially so factoring in contracts.

Keller is probably fair but doesn't make sense for this team.

The rest don't make sense.
Andersson for 11th would probably be fair value especially if you could offload some salary as part of the deal. Also, kind of surprised that went through Coyotes roster and they didn't mention Barret Hayton.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Oh and we also would have an extra 5m in cap space without Garland. So basically 17m. That's Petey re-signed easily with 14m to spare.

I've said it before, but like, knowing full well how long that contract is, I still do a double take when it becomes visible as I scroll down the page on Capfriendly.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver

I've said it before, but like, knowing full well how long that contract is, I still do a double take when it becomes visible as I scroll down the page on Capfriendly.

It’s only 4 more years actually. I just saved you guys an entire year of misery.

Reactions: RebuildinVan

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
With the way he plays, I think his contract might be in dog years! Guffaw guffaw!

I’m really hoping for a bounce back year, or a complete regression where he hurts himself and can no longer play hockey. I would say option 2 would be the primary preference haha.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Dear god what an awful list. Timothy Liljegren, who is a 24 y/o healthy scratch?

I don't know that Keller is a great fit for what we need but he's the only name on there that actually represents good value.

The one name on Arizona that I would be interested in for that pick is JJ Moser, who is an under-the-radar top-pairing stud.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Dear god what an awful list. Timothy Liljegren, who is a 24 y/o healthy scratch?

I don't know that Keller is a great fit for what we need but he's the only name on there that actually represents good value.

The one name on Arizona that I would be interested in for that pick is JJ Moser, who is an under-the-radar top-pairing stud.

I tried to come up with my own list of names but it was way too exhaustive. Moser is the main guy from the Coyotes. Management would be absolutely lambasted but he is so good with a tonne of value and versatility given he can play both sides.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I tried to come up with my own list of names but it was way too exhaustive. Moser is the main guy from the Coyotes. Management would be absolutely lambasted but he is so good with a tonne of value and versatility given he can play both sides.

Yeah people would lose their shit about it but I wouldn't be surprised if Moser is a top 20 defender in the NHL for the next decade. Mobile, high IQ, competitive, skilled.

Reactions: Petey O and Vector

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Only thing that makes sense is trading down if we got our eyes on Willander, Dragicevic or maybe Honzek. Myers + Beauvillier + #11 to the Hawks for #19 I can see happening. Hawks can flip the players with retention for assets at the deadline or before.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I’m glad to see a little traction being gained towards the possibility of a deal with 11. I’ve said it from the start, that pick is gonna be used in service of the cap at least somewhat. Rock of an owner demanding we get to a hard place(for this era). Sumpin gotta give and Lordy Lordy we have so little of value.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Cam York is another interesting, under the radar target. Averaged 20 min/night playing a lot of RD minutes with Provorov this year and did well, trending toward an all around top pairing guy if he continues to develop.

Zero interest in trading the pick in general as I'd rather roll the dice and take the home run swing, but it's particularly undesirable to trade for anything with a UFA contract or about to get it like that canucks army list. We need several years of cost control from this pick one way or another.

Reactions: Zombotron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad