OT: Lets Go Birds! (All Baseball Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think it’s time to pull Flaherty. No use in risking injury at this point
I was thinking the same thing, but I also get the concern about wear and tear on a bullpen over 7 innings (and mild concern about a coupld of them not having it and letting the Braves back in). I'd pinch hit for him at his next at bat though. That should come either in the 5th inning or the 4th inning after we've tacked on a few more runs. That allows you to run your bullpen close to their normal workload and still leaves him on a very low pitch count for the day.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Let Jack pitch 5 then pull him and let Wacha or whoever is cleanup man finish the game

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Holy smokes, this game is insane. How are there even still fans in that stadium right now? :laugh:
From the glimpses of the crowd on the early telecast, there's a goodly number of Cardinals fans there to keep attendance & beer sales up for all nine innings.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
From the glimpses of the crowd on the early telecast, there's a goodly number of Cardinals fans there to keep attendance & beer sales up for all nine innings.

They serve beer all 9 innings there? Jealous.
I once went to a game at Busch with a buddy, and we were drinking pretty heavily. 7th inning stretch comes, and they stop selling. Game ended up going into so many extra innings that he was hungover by the time we left. :biglaugh:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
It’s like a death march at this point with each Braves batters heading towards a firing squad. But instead of a firing squad, its a showdown with Flaherty and it’s humiliating, not painless and merciful.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
At 90 pitches and Flaherty coming up to bat in the 6th, I really don't like the decision to keep Flaherty going. He didn't look quite as sharp last inning and we may need him to go on short rest in the next week or so. Save the arm.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
NL Central, NLCS appearance and hopefully more. Biggest year ever in STL sports?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
ya cards are the dodgers daddies. they are f***ed.

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
FsURrBH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad