Let's all eat some crow!

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Except I did fully enjoy the run. I just don't think it was best for the Sens long term. Next season we'll be back to being a bubble team. Just like the last 7 years.

But I guess being a real fan is about being happy with mediocrity.

This is probably the dumbest thing I've read lately. :laugh:
You areally think that drafting some Dylan Strome or Lawson Crouse will turn your team from garbage bottom-5 into a contender? It doesn't work this way.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I'll kind of eat crow on Stone. I knew he was good but figured he'd take a few years to figure things out. Boy was I wrong.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
This is probably the dumbest thing I've read lately. :laugh:
You areally think that drafting some Dylan Strome or Lawson Crouse will turn your team from garbage bottom-5 into a contender? It doesn't work this way.

You think playing an extra 7 games is gonna turn this team around?

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown

This experience of getting to the dance alone will do wonders for the development and confidence of this team given the fact that our average age is under 25.

Baby steps.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
I've never felt this low about this team as I did for the first four months of this season to the point of indifference if they won or lost. I completely wrote off the season in December. Couldn't be happier to have been so wrong.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=97524149&postcount=119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver Canucks View Post

Perhaps, if he continues to play well, he may replace Lehner, who is prone to letting in soft goals.

I'm saying this from an outsider's perspective. What would the Sens' fan's perspective be on this?

Smeddy:
Literally 0 chance of that happening. I'm glad Hammond is playing well but he's a journeyman goalie who's below average in the AHL. Montreal didn't really do much in the first anyway.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I was sure they were going to come up short. I once felt that Mark Stone would never amount to much. The guy turns out to have one of the best hockey I.Q.s I've
ever witnessed.

Fourteen points out, with a third string goalie who was playing poorly in the minors, sure seemed like a good time to tank.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Let's not forget: We have the lowest payroll in the league and still found a way to make the post-season.

Whatever happens, you know Melnyk will open the purse strings next season and we'll get those missing pieces we need to be more of a true cup contender.

Then again, right now we are the hottest team in the league, so perhaps I shouldn't even mention us missing anything at all. ;)

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

No. What will turn it around is emergence of guys like Stone and Pageau, good coaching and back-to-Norris form Karlsson.

Playing like bottom-5 team basically means Stone and Hoffman are fringe NHLers, Turris is not 1st line center material, we are a team without a coach, and Karlsson never coming back from cook injury.
That's where I'd be worried with entire core signed through the next 5 years.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You need to eat some crow regarding a certain head coach as well, me thinks. :P

Yeah... I still don't think he's a GREAT coach, but he's better than I thought he would be, so there's that.

Here was my opinion at the time:

Cameron is a great junior coach becauae he can intimidate kids into getting what he wants out of them. Style doesn't translate at all to the NHL.

Hated him as an assistant, can't imagine my feelings will change much now that he's a head coach, unless he changes his style overnight.

I'll give him a chance, though, clean slate - prove me wrong, Dave.

... at least I kept an open mind about him. I told the guy to prove me wrong, and to a certain degree, he has. Credit where credit's due.

Everyone gets a clean slate with the Sens as far as I'm concerned. I never WANT anyone in the org to do badly. I just didn't have much faith.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
I was upset when Hammond started the streak because I thought it hurt our McDavid chances. Could not be more happy to be wrong.

Eagle Eye Cherry

guitar player
Feb 19, 2006
Montreal
Hey guys,

Great to see you guys qualify for the post-season! Always great to see the bruins get knocked out of the playoff race.

Yay the good guys win!
It kinda feels like that final scene in independence day where the humans defeated the aliens and Jeff goldblum n will smith returned home heroes with cigars in their mouths!

Btw, i'm not a mtl fan.

Ttracer*

Currently we face a tough MTL team with home ice, it's crazy people went to the airport just to congratulate the team on squeaking in the playoffs. Has that happened in NHL's history?

I hope to eat crow sometime in June, I'm still not convinced this team is good after a 2 month run with rookies playing out of their minds.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I didn't think Lazar would develop enough to truly belong in the NHL this season. I'm having my crow with some blue cheese sauce and a glass of Cahors and it's not so bad!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad