Let's all eat some crow!

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
What side dishes are there? Or is it crow only?

I'll admit, at the end of January/when Lehner+Mac went down, I was absolutely prepared for a top 5 pick.

I'll happily eat my crow WHOLE and RAW.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Except I did fully enjoy the run. I just don't think it was best for the Sens long term. Next season we'll be back to being a bubble team. Just like the last 7 years.

But I guess being a real fan is about being happy with mediocrity.

What we just accomplished is far from mediocre. So are you saying you won't be happy until we are an absolute power house of a team?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
What we just accomplished is far from mediocre. So are you saying you won't be happy until we are an absolute power house of a team?

But lets see that actually mean something, do actual damage in the playoffs.

Ill be happy when we're more than a bubble team / one-and-done team. I want a cup.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
I stopped watching our team and thought we were doomed for at least another season after this one. I thought we would be stuck with terrible Lehner yet Lehner getting injured was the greatest thing to happen to this team in years.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Ill be happy when we're more than a bubble team / one-and-done team. I want a cup.

Everyone wants a cup but the journey and the little things are still fun to watch. The parity in the league is at insane levels now so I don't think you're giving our team enough credit.

You're going to be miserable if all that makes you happy is a cup.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002

You can't wait forever though. Everything might be falling in place for something special. You start getting a good roster and then salary cap or budget restraints start coming into play. Enjoy what's happening while you can.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Everyone wants a cup but the journey and the little things are still fun to watch. The parity in the league is at insane levels now so I don't think you're giving our team enough credit.

You're going to be miserable if all that makes you happy is a cup.

Im not miserable though. I dont need wins to enjoy the Sens. The cup should be the goal. Not just being OK with whatever happens.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Im not miserable though. I dont need wins to enjoy the Sens. The cup should be the goal. Not just being OK with whatever happens.

That seems quite contradictory from what you're saying. You have no control over what happens so in reality you have to be okay with it.

sens2k9

Aug 8, 2008
I thought it was cute that Hammond was talking about "the long road to the NHL" and that he thought he was actually an NHL player now.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
You can't wait forever though. Everything might be falling in place for something special. You start getting a good roster and then salary cap or budget restraints start coming into play. Enjoy what's happening while you can.

Yeah, only 11 out of 30 teams have won a cup in the last 20 years... Enjoy what you've got, a low budget, young team with talent...

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
I said Wiercioch sucks but he scored that OT winner and has been passable on and off.

But he still kinnnnda sucks....

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON

I can understand that Ben, but this time around the Sens are making it on the backs of the younger players who will only get better year after year.

If I'm correct, Sens only have 3 players, playing every night over/equal to the age of 30 (MacA, Legwand, Anderson as back up).

It's a much different perspective than it was in 2012-2013 when Spezza, Alfredsson, Phillips, Neil were regulars. Gonchar, Carkner, etc as well.

This time it's Stone, Turris, Karlsson (part of that 2012-2013 group though), Hoffman, Zibby, Ceci, Wiercioch (got better as the games went on for the most part), Pageau, Lazar, etc. Then guys who are in the middle/beginning of their primes (age wise anyways) in Ryan(performed exceptionally well in the mid/early part of the season), Methot and MacArthur.

So if the Sens do lose in the first round, it's not all that horrible.

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Except I did fully enjoy the run. I just don't think it was best for the Sens long term. Next season we'll be back to being a bubble team. Just like the last 7 years.

But I guess being a real fan is about being happy with mediocrity.

Except they shed the dead weight in Spezza, Anderson, Neil, Phillips, Greening etc.

The Sens are winning with their new crop of players. This doesn't seem like a bubble team to me.

And being 1 point out of 3rd in their division is "bubble"? They were also a couple points behind Washington and the Islanders...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I really thought we were done after giving away those points to Toronto and Florida.

So glad to be wrong about that!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I thought the team was going to "break out" next year... but I was wrong, they did it this year

99 pts is mediocrity apparently

With the standards some people have, of course you are going to fail at some point lol...

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I can understand that Ben, but this time around the Sens are making it on the backs of the younger players who will only get better year after year.

If I'm correct, Sens only have 3 players, playing every night over/equal to the age of 30 (MacA, Legwand, Anderson as back up).

It's a much different perspective than it was in 2012-2013 when Spezza, Alfredsson, Phillips, Neil were regulars. Gonchar, Carkner, etc as well.

This time it's Stone, Turris, Karlsson (part of that 2012-2013 group though), Hoffman, Zibby, Ceci, Wiercioch (got better as the games went on for the most part), Pageau, Lazar, etc. Then guys who are in the middle/beginning of their primes (age wise anyways) in Ryan(performed exceptionally well in the mid/early part of the season), Methot and MacArthur.

So if the Sens do lose in the first round, it's not all that horrible.
I would've preferred all the young players playing great and getting top 10 pick aka no random hot streak from Hammond. I just hate to see another late season run that ended up resulting in nothing. I also need to make it clear im not complaining or mad about the playoffs. I enjoyed the run and am gonna enjoy the playoffs.

Your comment deserves a 'touche'.
Except they shed the dead weight in Spezza, Anderson, Neil, Phillips, Greening etc.

The Sens are winning with their new crop of players. This doesn't seem like a bubble team to me.

And being 1 point out of 3rd in their division is "bubble"? They were also a couple points behind Washington and the Islanders...

Bubble as in we didn't make the playoffs until game 82.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I would've preferred all the young players playing great and getting top 10 pick aka no random hot streak from Hammond. I just hate to see another late season run that ended up resulting in nothing. I also need to make it clear im not complaining or mad about the playoffs. I enjoyed the run and am gonna enjoy the playoffs.

Your comment deserves a 'touche'.

Yea I understand what you're saying Benny, but IMO, the young players playing great, yet getting a top 10 pick is sort of hard to balance out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad