Let's all eat some crow!

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
This season had some super low lows, and now an amazingly high high.

I think there is a lot of crow to be eaten....criticizing Murrays comments about us being a playoff team, never competing on a budget, Cameron being the worst hire ever, Hammond not being the real deal.

Eat some crow!

I will say that I was dead wrong about Michalek. Ive never really been a fan and hated the signing, but he was great for us in this stretch run.

I also thought the team had to get Andy back in the net. Evidently I was wrong about that as well.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
This season had some super low lows, and now an amazingly high high.

I think there is a lot of crow to be eaten....criticizing Murrays comments about us being a playoff team, never competing on a budget, Cameron being the worst hire ever, Hammond not being the real deal.

Eat some crow!

I will say that I was dead wrong about Michalek. Ive never really been a fan and hated the signing, but he was great for us in this stretch run.

I also thought the team had to get Andy back in the net. Evidently I was wrong about that as well.

I too was wrong about all the above, but I am proud to say: I NEVER WANTED TO TANK!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They aren't the choke masters I had them pegged as after the two horrible, horrible games against Toronto and Florida

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
I thought firing MacLean was an awful idea and promoting Cameron was even worse. Boy was I wrong.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
For the record, I never subscribed to any of that except the Hammond one... figured our season was over when we lost our top 2 (well, actually thought we were done before that anyway, but thought that might put us in mceichel territory).

At the start of the season I said we might be a low seed playoff team and we might compete for mceichel, I'm not really sure. We did both this year. How many teams can say that?!

I can't stress how much I thought we were done, though. I live in Korea... was visiting Ottawa in January and went to the mid-Jan game (with seats next to the bench, I might add). I thoroughly enjoyed being there, but we lost on a stupid late goal. After the game I remember saying to my friends that it didn't really matter anyway because we were not playoff bound and maybe gave us a better draft pick. There's my crow.

Edit: Great thread by the way, we all have some atoning to do!

Last edited:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I thought they were done months ago and when Lehner and Mac went down forcing Hammond to be called up, i thought they'd plumment in the standings.

I've never been happier to have been wrong :)

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I was right about everything... BUT I missed the 1st half of the season and probably would have wanted the whole team traded or bought out if I'd watched it... so I suck too.... Go Sens Go!!!!

Edie: I thought there was no way in h*** we keep winning and get to the playoffs.... so I was wrong..very wrong

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
I wrote the team off in September, in December, when Hammond was about to play in his first game, when we lost to Boston, when we lost in OT to Toronto, when we lost in the shootout to Toronto and when Pittsburgh took a 2-0 lead.

In my defence, going 21-3-3 should have been impossible. And yet here we are. :yo:

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Things that this board (myself included) had serious doubts in at some point in the season:

- Cameron's coaching ability
- Hammond's ability to even play at a passable level in the NHL
- The team's chances of making the playoffs

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Meh i felt next year the playoffs would happen. Thought the maclean sens dug a hole to big to crawl out of.

Was also wrong to Michalek.

Also lol at putting the bar at if hammond will give up four goals a game or more before he played a game

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I thought it was a pointless winning streak

It almost was.

But yeah back when things were at their worst I was all aboard team tank. I still think its a viable strategy, but clearly I had called the season over.

But I was right about pimping Mark Stone all year. ;)

Karlsson2Turris*

I thought we were done after the NYR, TOR, and FLA consecutive losses

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I thought firing MacLean was an awful idea and promoting Cameron was even worse. Boy was I wrong.

This is mine to. I didn't think it was awful, just pointless because "it's not this team will make the playoffs either way"

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
I distinctly remember close to half the posters here being dead certain that Hoffman would never amount to anything in the NHL, yet he ended up scoring 27 goals this year and was a huge part of this ridiculous stretch run to the playoffs.

Hopefully that ends some people's overly pessimistic prognostication about prospects after they've only played like 2 NHL games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad