Let’s talk about: Wyatt Johnston

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
1711390671239.png

Leads his draft class in goals and points thus far.

Attachments

• 1711390640156.png
    1711390640156.png
    398 KB · Views: 1

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
It's a double edged sword for Stars fans..

One on hand, I'm pumped that the team's forward group is as stacked as it is. It's a good problem to have so many skilled players, you never have to lean on one (scoring) line more than the other two (scoring lines)

But on the other, I wish he would have more PP opportunities and favorable top-line minutes because then his point production would match his talent and he'd be getting the recognition he deserves.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
It's a double edged sword for Stars fans..

One on hand, I'm pumped that the team's forward group is as stacked as it is. It's a good problem to have so many skilled players, you never have to lean on one (scoring) line more than the other two (scoring lines)

But on the other, I wish he would have more PP opportunities and favorable top-line minutes because then his point production would match his talent and he'd be getting the recognition he deserves.
I’d imagine he’ll get top PP minutes next season, especially if Pavs takes on a lesser role.

Next year he can really break out and become our leading point getter.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Career progression is incredible (I say ‘is’ because he’s still getting better). He suffered from the Covid season in OHL, right? He just improves hugely each year.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Career progression is incredible (I say ‘is’ because he’s still getting better). He suffered from the Covid season in OHL, right? He just improves hugely each year.
If it wasn’t for the Covid year, he may have contended for first overall.

Reactions: piqued

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Johnston and Stankoven have been a blessing to the Stars offense, as they have multi tiers of age groups contributing to the offense. Great blend of size, speed and skill in their top 9.

Old vets: Seguin, Pavelski, Benn, Duchene
Young stars: Hintz, Robertson
Rookie/sophomore: Johnston, Stankoven

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Yeah after that season I think anyone following prospects even remotely was kind of excited to see what kind of player Dallas got this late.

as someone who just stats watch prospects, I just saw 30 pts in D-1 and then suddenly 165 pts in 83 games (season + playoffs) - looked like incredible progression.

But at the time of the draft, he was going against guys who went to Europe, guys who had much better D-1 seasons (Bourgeault was over ppg already), etc. etc.

Most were wondering if the draft would look a little more random than usual, and I'm kind of surprised that Johnston is the only clear cut "steal" yet, and still was picked in the 1st round.
I don't know why you wouldn't have already had Stankoven as a steal with how he tore up juniors but i think at this point you can safely call them the two biggest steals of that draft

Reactions: brakeyawself

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Johnston and Stankoven have been a blessing to the Stars offense, as they have multi tiers of age groups contributing to the offense. Great blend of size, speed and skill in their top 9.

Old vets: Seguin, Pavelski, Benn, Duchene
Young stars: Hintz, Robertson
Rookie/sophomore: Johnston, Stankoven
Don't forget MAVRIK BOURQUE.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Is it to early to get excited about a future line of Robertson - WJ - Stankoven? My only question is, what is the league going to have to do to defend them..... I imagine that will happen at some point. Hints is going to be a ridiculous #2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad