Let’s talk about: Wyatt Johnston

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
For the people that remember, a few seasons back I made a thread on Dallas Stars rookie forward Jason Robertson before he was a household name for the average hockey fan. I love looking back on this thread after seeing how far he has come,

Let’s talk about: Jason Robertson

Anyway, this thread is to discuss current Dallas Star Sophmore forward Wyatt Johnston who after the second period of tonight’s game against Minnesota, has 12 points in 13 games this season playing excellent hockey and so far has avoided a sophomore slump.

Just like with Robertson at the time, I don’t think Johnston is getting the respect he deserves around the NHL this season, this kid is one of the best young offensive forwards in the entire NHL yet you rarely hear anything from any media outlet. Well this is the thread where we can pump Johnston’s tires as he becomes a premier forward in the NHL like Robertson before him.

Craft Beer Lover

Nov 14, 2022
Mt Laurel, NJ
For the people that remember, a few seasons back I made a thread on Dallas Stars rookie forward Jason Robertson before he was a household name for the average hockey fan. I love looking back on this thread after seeing how far he has come,

Anyway, this thread is to discuss current Dallas Star Sophmore forward Wyatt Johnston who after the second period of tonight’s game against Minnesota, has 12 points in 13 games this season playing excellent hockey and so far has avoided a sophomore slump.

Just like with Robertson at the time, I don’t think Johnston is getting the respect he deserves around the NHL this season, this kid is one of the best young offensive forwards in the entire NHL yet you rarely hear anything from any media outlet. Well this is the thread where we can pump Johnston’s tires as he becomes a premier forward in the NHL like Robertson before him.
I was just researching him yesterday. He is an up & coming young star, who flew under the draft radar in 2021 because he didn’t play that season, presumably because of COVID. However, kudos to the Stars scouting staff for realizing that he was indeed a first round talent that slipped on most teams’ draft lists, and grabbing him late in the first round. He should have been selected much earlier.

Reactions: piqued

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Absolute beast both ways, one more off season getting a bit more weight and muscle and watch out. The difference from last year is already noticable so I can't wait for the future.

Along with Stankoven and Bourque dominating the AHL together.. the future is looking bright for Dallas.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Hey! I brought him up in the International Thread FIRST (one hour ago at 7:25 pm) and NOW you're taking credit?!?!?

Why you no good son of a... ;)

Last edited:

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Johnston
Hintz
Robertson
Pavelski
Benn
Seguin
Dadanov
Marchment
Duchene

….absolutely LOADED at forward wow (and all 9 of those players have at least one pt so far tonight)
What's crazy too is that we have Stankoven and Bourque coming up too, just insane forward group right now, there is almost never a moment where there isnt a threat on the ice

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
It's about time he got an appreciation thread! Absolutely elite IQ the kid is a genius... Primarily a playmaker but scores a lot of goals because of he's in the right spots and is a puck hound with excellent body positioning. Defensively coming along very very nicely too. Kind of player that makes everyone around him better.

He's the type of player that stat watchers love to repeatedly hype... Until he gets to the NHL and then crickets lol...

Dallas once again stealing a future 1st line center late at #23 overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: piqued

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah, probably 20 teams pissed they passed on him. Can still see Buffalo, Seattle and
Anaheim being ok with their selections. Everyone else should want a do over.

Reactions: BKarchitect

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I was just researching him yesterday. He is an up & coming young star, who flew under the draft radar in 2021 because he didn’t play that season, presumably because of COVID. However, kudos to the Stars scouting staff for realizing that he was indeed a first round talent that slipped on most teams’ draft lists, and grabbing him late in the first round. He should have been selected much earlier.

Dallas Stars Amateur scouting you gotta wonder is it luck or is it that they are one of the best talented amateur scouting teams in the NHL.

They seemed to be hitting on quite a few high talented players.

Reactions: Skeletorrr

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa

Here's a Pat on the Back for you!

1699897143207.png

• Haha
Reactions: GermanSpitfire

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
DeBoer loves Johnston. He's the one that insisted he be kept on the roster directly out of juniors. And has him playing consistent roles on both sides of special teams.
I know. You can tell by his ice time and deployment than he's earned the trust.

I was just saying there are some coaches that refuse to play the younger players. It's nice that Johnston isn't in one of those situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad