Leon Draisatl - time to prove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I think I got the most flack of all for having Draisatl in my “Top 10 players at each position this season” list both this season (back at the midway mark) and last season. Everyone said he is just a product of McDavid.

Does he benefit from sharing the ice with the best player in the league? Sure, every player would. Is he still a statistical monster on the ice regardless? You better believe it. He is establishing himself as one of the best forwards in the NHL, no question.

I don’t even like the Oilers (I don’t think there has been another front office in the entire league that has even come close to squandering the insane amount of elite talent this team has had dropped into its lap via all those top lottery picks; the fact that they heave largely have been a cellar dweller the past decade is downright criminal mismanagement), but you can’t deny his talent. Drai and McDavid are carrying this group of misfitting parts and underachievers to a playoff spot despite all the incompetence around them. That deserves respect.

Reactions: bh53

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
This guy is just a gamer. One of the toughest stretches of the year and he’s doing it without Batman, pretty soon we’re gonna have to stop calling him Robin.

Drai with the goal!

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
9 points in 4 games....bust

Oh, and I always had Draisaitl over S. Reinhart. Makes up for my Schremp call

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Point is Buffalo could've had a 1-2 punch of Eichel and Draisaitl. It's too bad for the Sabres. But again, hindsight is 20/20.
True for buffalo it sucks. But for Oilers fans and fans of hockey in general a McDavid Drai 1-2 Is more fun and more dominant to watch than an Eichel Drai 1-2 would be.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
"Draisailt being carried by McDavid" reached meme status. I don't really understand how someone can still say (or even think) this with a straight face.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Awesome to see him playing well without McDavid. He's a great player and should finally be able to silence the negativity or skepticism around his abilities without Connor.

He's just a phenomenal player and a real treat to watch.

Reactions: CrazyJoeDavola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad