Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Perhaps the question should be asked how a #1 stud C like him who plays behind (and a lot of the time with) the best player in the game, the team still cannot make the playoffs on a regular basis.

How many teams who have 2 legit superstar C's are not a lock to make the playoffs every year despite weaknesses in other areas of the team?
Last I checked you didn’t need to be a superstar to be a 1C

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
The most underrated players in the NHL are usually top-6 forwards or top-4 defensemen who aren't stars but get virtually zero recognition for their role outside of their team's fanbase, and even then sometimes not even that. Like for my team, the Isles, Josh Bailey is a real solid player, not just a product of JT, and getting even Isles fans to say something nice about him is like pulling teeth at times. I'm sure there are quite a number of other players on other teams who are in a similar situation.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
The poster was talking about 5-on-5 stats. 2.01 puts him with players like Eichel, Tavares, Backstrom, Marner, and Laine.

Tobias Rieder will hopefully be stapled to Draisaitl all season so he doesn't have a revolving door of wingers again.

Tobias Rieder... LOL. Just another plug. Good luck with that.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Bergeron had 57 points in the year they won the Cup
Toews had one 70+ point season (non-cup year)

again, not "superstar" numbers..Superstars finished in the top of the scoring race and win MVPs

Actually, Superstars lead their teams to victory and are selected to compete in best on best tournaments (especially when Team Canada).

Why are you quoting what those players have done in the regular season when you seem to have an issue with them not being legit superstars but still won a cup(s)?

Toews - 3 time SC champion (2009, 2012, 2014)

2009: 7 goals/22 assists/29 points in 22 games played
2014: 10 goals/11 assists/21 points in 23 games played

Bergeron - SC champion (2010)

6 goals/14 assists/20 points in 23 games played

Seems like they played at near superstar level in the playoffs during their cup runs, not to mention that both of these players are viewed as complete players and not as offensive only players (ex: Kessel).

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Actually, Superstars lead their teams to victory and are selected to compete in best on best tournaments (especially when Team Canada).

Why are you quoting what those players have done in the regular season when you seem to have an issue with them not being legit superstars but still won a cup(s)?

Seems like they played at near superstar level in the playoffs during their cup runs, not to mention that both of these players are viewed as complete players and not as offensive only players (ex: Kessel).

I was super confused about this until I realized you were using the starting-year for each season, rather than the ending year, lol

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

damn, Fernando Pisani was a superstar using that logic

no one is questioning they are "stars" but "superstars" are reserved for the consistently elite IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad