Leo Komarov

Status
Not open for further replies.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
That is the likely reason behind Winnik riding shot gun with Lupul and Kadri to increase possession and two-way play.

Komarov is more skilled then Winnik so perhaps it should be Leo that plays in the top 6 instead.

Yea, I think we need 2 guys per line with a good two-way game though instead of just one (and Winnik actually doesnt have a two-way game because he lacks offence).

I think putting Komarov there could help, but he cant make up for two weak two-way players by himself, especially if the centre is one-dimensional, as they have the biggest impact.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Actually he is a core player. He is an elite checker and cycler. That is what you need in a core. I said this at the time we let him skate to the KHL and complained all last season about not having Leo.

He is absolutely core material. It's hard for me to find someone who checks like him, doesn't take penalties, puts up some points and cycles like him. He is not a star, but he is someone I would NEVER LET GO.

Add. Drawn at least 5pp as well.

Kind of what I just said.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Every successful team has one or two of these guys - glad we have finally identified what works in a player.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Yea, I think we need 2 guys per line with a good two-way game though instead of just one (and Winnik actually doesnt have a two-way game because he lacks offence).

I think putting Komarov there could help, but he cant make up for two weak two-way players by himself, especially if the centre is one-dimensional, as they have the biggest impact.

Winnik doesn't lack offense. He lacked the key to it.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
the best part of Leo is he brings it every night

lucky for us Bolland bolted for Florida or we probably wouldn't have signed him , got away with the hit between the numbers tonight but for the most part he plays a very smart game

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
the best part of Leo is he brings it every night

lucky for us Bolland bolted for Florida or we probably wouldn't have signed him , got away with the hit between the numbers tonight but for the most part he plays a very smart game

We totally should have a "Thank you Bolland" chant at the ACC next time he comes back.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm woman enough to say this:

I had originally thought we overpaid him - but he is well worth the money . And we're even getting points now (where as last time he was with us we got ALL of this -minus points)

I'm very glad he's with us. and he's well worth the money. his energy is every night, the plays he does is always understated and under appreciated it. it's Darcy Tucker/Yuskeveitch all rolled into one.

good job Nonis on this one.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Really liked his hit on our 3rd goal. Something our players can copy. If most players on Leafs just finished their checks, that itself would make us a tough team to play against.

"Give them nothing but take from them everything" Leonidas Komarov

:laugh:

Tyler Biggs*

Someone smack that idiot reporter that said Uncle Leo wasn't worth 3m per. He is amazing!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I hated the signing, but give him credit he's been great, way better than just the pest he was his first year here.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm woman enough to say this:

I had originally thought we overpaid him - but he is well worth the money . And we're even getting points now (where as last time he was with us we got ALL of this -minus points)

I'm very glad he's with us. and he's well worth the money. his energy is every night, the plays he does is always understated and under appreciated it. it's Darcy Tucker/Yuskeveitch all rolled into one.

good job Nonis on this one.

.. So you were wrong at first? :sarcasm:

Loved that the Leafs resigned him in the off-season and love the 4 year term even more.. One of the best bottom 6 players you'll find

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Great game vs. Chicago. And to top it off he purposely went down to block a shot from the point. I didn't know the Leafs could do that ! He adds a lot even if he doesn't put up any points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad