Leo Komarov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
We know he's great for the team, hits anything that moves, and kills penalties and is a fan favourite. My question is how much offence can we expect out of him over a full season?
5 points in 7 games translates to roughly 59 points in an 82 game season.
However in the lockout year he had 9 points in 42 games, which is 18 points over a single season.
Which total is closer to what we should expect of Leo?

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I said during the offseason that I think he can get 30-40 points, and got laughed at. I still stand by that prediction.

Leo's overall game has developed greatly the last couple years, and he's actually playing with some decent linemates this year.

Ace88*

I think somewhere i predicted about 30 to 35 points. Ill be shocked if he tops 40, but i guess anything is possible.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
If he can get 30+ points I'll be pleasantly surprised and very happy.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The Komarov-Kadri-Frattin line was great a few years back and this year the Komarov-Clarkson-whoever line is playing great this year. If I'm a guy on the Leafs who is struggling a bit, I"m begging the coach to play with Komarov.

This guy just seems to make everyone around him better. Less than $3 mil/year for him...that is a great deal for the Leafs

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Any line with Komarov improves. Dude can work as a defensive consciousness of the line, play physical, wing the odd draw, play physical, agitate and draw penalties, fast as heck, draws penalties, can make the smart pass in the offensive zone to keep the play alive and lastly, play physical.

Audi*

Nov 22, 2009
Dude can put up 13' clarkson offensive production and i would still be satisfied with his play :laugh:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I want Leo stirring up crap with the other team! I want him hitting and chirping the opposition at every turn!

If he does the above effectively, every point earned, will just be icing on the cake!

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Any line with Komarov improves. Dude can work as a defensive consciousness of the line, play physical, wing the odd draw, play physical, agitate and draw penalties, fast as heck, draws penalties, can make the smart pass in the offensive zone to keep the play alive and lastly, play physical.

You forgot play physicial.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
He is a shift disturber, momentum builder, hard working team guy who is popular in the room.
Can't put a $$$ figure or a corsi meter on some of his traits.
No jinx but we need him to play 82 games.

NikoPopp

Dec 19, 2013
What about switching kadri and santorelli? Would love to see Leo with some more skill and I think Santamight be good for lupul?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
What about switching kadri and santorelli? Would love to see Leo with some more skill and I think Santamight be good for lupul?

Lupul and Kadri would both kill a cycle. They both try to be too fancy, and try to deke out entire teams on their owns. If Carlyle, Clarkson and Komarov could force Kadri to play the cycle game, then it would be good for his development to play their style. BUT.... won't happen.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT

I think you would kill Kadri's play making ability by putting him with Clarkson and Komarov.

Nothing against those guys but Kadri needs a finisher on his line.

There is 82 games in a season and most likely Kadri puts up 50 to 60 pts similar to Lupul. People are really down on the 2nd line lately but the possession numbers are good for the 2nd line which would point to them getting the points sooner or later.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
Unlike others Leo doesn't have to put up points to make me happy. He is the brightest spot for this team and if he puts up points then its a bonus, I would be ecstatic.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
with a better finisher on his line, Komo could even top 40 points.

Lol..what games are you watching? He's usually good for setting someone up for a chance once every other game or so. He'd have to be playing with Brett Hull to hit 40 points. The guys a self admitted checker. 40 points is a pipe dream:laugh:

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Lol..what games are you watching? He's usually good for setting someone up for a chance once every other game or so. He'd have to be playing with Brett Hull to hit 40 points. The guys a self admitted checker. 40 points is a pipe dream:laugh:

30-35 then. calm down.

He is actually very underrated offensively. Produced at a decent clip in the KHL

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
I think you would kill Kadri's play making ability by putting him with Clarkson and Komarov.

Nothing against those guys but Kadri needs a finisher on his line.

There is 82 games in a season and most likely Kadri puts up 50 to 60 pts similar to Lupul. People are really down on the 2nd line lately but the possession numbers are good for the 2nd line which would point to them getting the points sooner or later.

Lupul Kadri Komorov
Winnik Santo Clarkson

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
30-35 then. calm down.

He is actually very underrated offensively. Produced at a decent clip in the KHL

? He had 34 points in 52 games as the #1 center on his KHL team last year so I don't think he's underrated offensively. This implies that he was getting the the most icetime on his KHL team with the most talented wingers playing against players that probably couldn't make the NHL. Komo like Clarkson was signed for his intangibles and offense is gravy but can any team thrive with 2 players receiving over 8 mil. per with limited offensive potential. At 28 years old in a couple of months, I don't think it's realistic to expect his game to improve.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Komarov - Kadri - Lupul

He is a much better player than Winnik, he deserves 2nd line minutes at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad