Leo Komarov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Feisty forwards who are only moderately skilled often decline around 30, and Komarov is 29. Look ar Ott, Tucker, Clarkson, Clowe, Stoll, Ruutu, etc.

The time to sell high on him is now. Could he be helpful through a rebuild as a leader and to help insulate youth? Potentially, but that's more if he maintains his current level of play, which Im not convinced he will.

So, we probably have 3 more years out of him before he's useless. I'll take that. Those 3 years are important for the development of this team.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
So, we probably have 3 more years out of him before he's useless. I'll take that. Those 3 years are important for the development of this team.

Why do you expect 3 years? It could only be one more based on his age and based on history of similar players, three years is actually very optimistic I think. This year is likely his career year, next year Id imagine he'll have less goals and points.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Just mentioned on SN that his name is being said a lot in trades or w/e. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he were moved.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Why do you expect 3 years? It could only be one more based on his age and based on history of similar players, three years is actually very optimistic I think. This year is likely his career year, next year Id imagine he'll have less goals and points.

LOL. So, what are you saying? I said 3 years before he is useless and can't contribute. Even if he doesn't score as many points as this year he will still be useful and an integral part of the make up of our team.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
LOL. So, what are you saying? I said 3 years before he is useless and can't contribute. Even if he doesn't score as many points as this year he will still be useful and an integral part of the make up of our team.

Sure, but if he declines, he'll be the calibre of player you can pick up for nothing in free agency. We've had plenty of buy-low success stories, like MacArthur, Raymond, McClement, Winnik, Santorelli, PAP, etc.

If two years from now, he's a ~20-25 point hard working forward, Id rather have his trade value + a UFA ~20-25 point hard working forward.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Our standards were too high for him at the time and the fans were looking for anyone and everyone in our leadership core to blame for our garbage play. He scored 18 goals in his final season with us. He was 33.

Komarov turned 29 two weeks ago.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
If the Leafs new culture is so weak that moving a single player destroys everything then t was a weak one to begin with.

Well yes, it still is weak...that's the point. We're still in the process of cementing it so why trade the poster boy for it. :laugh:

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
We'll be drafting/bringing in a lot of young Russians and Euros over the next couple of years. There may not be a better guy to ease their transition than Komarov.

Keep him.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Well yes, it still is weak...that's the point. We're still in the process of cementing it so why trade the poster boy for it. :laugh:

I think that can work both ways though. It is weak so lets gain more assets to turn it into a strength in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad