Leo Komarov hit on Gostisbehere

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Shayne Gostisbehere will not play tonight.

Department of Player Safety my ass.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Frustrating there is no suspension. For me the shoving motion made it bad. Even if Ghost put himself in a bad position he was pretty far away from the boards. Komarov hit and pushed him while he was already facing the boards.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
It was less than the Ovechkin hit on Komarov's head in 2014, in which Ovi didn't get a suspension (but maybe Komorov got a Get Out of Jail Free card for being on the receiving end).

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I like Komarov and his style of play, however he should get at least 5 games for this. These from behind plays to me are far more dangerous than all of these "head" hits we see.

Reactions: Foggy14

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Honestly I don't understand why he wasn't given 5 and a game right at the spot. Was expecting 2-3 games, it was a dangerous and unnecessary play.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Honestly I don't understand why he wasn't given 5 and a game right at the spot. Was expecting 2-3 games, it was a dangerous and unnecessary play.
ya that was suspension worthy ...doubly so with it being Leo ....and then the problem becomes he ups the ante and the next cheap shot is worse

I did find it kind of ironic though that the writeup about the game on TSN mentioned Gudas and Komarov and the toe lock but there was no mention of this play. This was one of the more stand out plays in that game.

rabbit4949

Apr 1, 2013
goon? no. he was a coward. he started fights and hid behind his teammates. and whether or not you feel he was a good player or not, doesn't change that he was a revolting human being. pure and utter scum.

typical though. the guy you're praising is pure trash. someone started by talking trash that this is why leaf fans have a bad rep. then you go in to talk about great Bobby Clarke was. the most disgusting person in hockey. and then complain about the "narrative" regarding flyers and their fans. incredible hypocrisy.
I am not a Flyer fan nor a fan of Bobby Clarke but you are mistaken to call him a coward. He was certainly one of the dirtiest players in NHL history. He was also one of the greatest players and absolutely one of the greatest leaders. You do not get players to follow by hiding behind them. He had over 40 fighting majors. Sometimes players would come to his rescue if things were not going well. In those days there was no 3rd man in rule and players came over the boards when fights broke out. The flyers often double teamed opponents and earned every bit of their nickname"The Broad Street Bullies". The player most fitting your description was Kenny "The Rat " Linseman.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hit from behind ✔
Injured player ✔
At least 3 games missed ✔
Penalty assessed ✖
Hearing with DoPS ✖

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Ad

Upcoming events