Prospect Info: Lenni Hämeenaho (#58 Pick - 2nd Round - 2023 Draft)

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
You figure NJ will let him stay in Finland at least one more year. They have Bratt and Meier signed long term and they are still developing Holtz and they still have Mercer and Palat and Gritsyuk is older and likely arrives first. My guess is Lenni would rather play in Finland than Utica?
True, but he probably get's a year in Utica before landing in NJ. Or at least starts the year down there.

Unless he is just that good upon arrival.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
You figure NJ will let him stay in Finland at least one more year. They have Bratt and Meier signed long term and they are still developing Holtz and they still have Mercer and Palat and Gritsyuk is older and likely arrives first. My guess is Lenni would rather play in Finland than Utica?

I always figured at least 2 years in Finland. After that I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays a Utica year or at least a partial one

Reactions: My3Sons and Oneiro

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He has one more year on his Liiga contract after this one. I suspect he will be allowed to play it out. I would then expect him to come to NA in some capacity after that, expecting at least half an AHL season unless he really dominates in camp and forces his way directly to the team.
This is Lenni we are talking about. If it wasn't for that pesky Constitutional requirement he'd be president by the end of that first training camp.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Kinda like last game had some flashes, but again with slightly limited mins with 15 (some unevenness), and Järvinen still in the process of getting into the rhythm after a rare longer injury for him.

(A solid five goal away win in regulation though)

Last edited:
Reactions: Devs3cups

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Back today on the third line with Patrik Juhola, with whom he played in Ässät U20 in 21-22 (sometimes on the same line) and shown good things this season, and Will Graber who just got his first goal. Potential is there, while M.Davidsson will continue on the 1st line and looking more like the player that people expected.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Lenni assist!!

Ends a good shift with chipping it nicely to an open Graber to make the 2-1 goal happen for Ässät late in the second. Was involved in a large part of the offense in the 2nd that was quiter for the team.

Other chances:
(0:18 on)

edit. Took 30 games to match the 21 points he scored last season in 51. While only gathering 3 on the pp opposed to 9 last season.

edit2. Has also drawn a couple of penalties.

edit3. 2nd star of the game.

Last edited:

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Check out that assist though, that's more impressive than 80% of goals.
8dsoc1.jpg

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Had his chances again, and drew a penalty, but a bit more of an uneven game not always looking the sharpest against Liiga's hottest team atm. Was moved back with Järvinen and Erholtz in the third. With some injuries and Erholtz in EHT next week we'll see how the lines will look like in the near future.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Seemed more sluggish than usual today, and the 1st line he continued with didn't really get it going despite a few looks.

(0:00 & 0:13)

Tough two away games next week (Wed & Fri) after a week with two sloppier homes games.

Does he have stable linemates? It seems to me like injuries have shaken the lineup for a while?

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Does he have stable linemates? It seems to me like injuries have shaken the lineup for a while?
A bunch of guys missing games here and there, and a few key guys not being in the line-up for longer periods, together with the teams' issues with scoring, have definitely resulted in shuffling the forward lines quite a bit throughout the season. When healthy mostly been with Järvinen and Erholtz (and then some with Graber, which I have also liked), but M.Davidsson did also look good there briefly so I guess nothing is set in stone really.

Compared to that the defensive pairings have been very stable so far.

After next week hopefully they'll be more fortunate to get more of that stability on both fronts for the final push to keep the top-10 spot.

Last edited:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
M.Davidsson replaced Erholtz (EHT) to be with Lenni and Järvinen.

In the first shift of the game he tried to go for the Michigan, and had a couple of good chances in the final minute.

(0:00 & 0:36)

edit. Another two real good chances early in the 2nd. Boy could really use a goal. :I

edit2. Now a nice individual effort for another one, and then Davidsson with his own.

(0:07-0:20 & 0:28)

edit3. After good pressure by the 1st line the team ties it 1-1 in the third. Lenni and the line has been good today.

edit4. And then Lenni hits the post with 5s left.

Season-high 11 shots taken in 17:29 in a tough 1-2 loss.

a few key guys not being in the line-up for longer periods
+a couple of others. With solid depth they've seemingly kinda scraped by at a few points.

Side note: Was chosen Young Pori Athlete of the Year earlier. Previous hockey players given the honor: Jesse Joensuu, Erik Haula, Joel Armia, & Jesperi Kotkaniemi.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad