Prospect Info: Lenni Hämeenaho (#58 Pick - 2nd Round - 2023 Draft)

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I can’t watch the game.

I check the score: “huh, close game.”

Later: “Lenni scores two goals and will get a medal? Awesome!”

Even Later:

Finns went up 2-0.

Czech’s tie it 2-2. Then it’s 4-2 Finns. Czech’s 2nd goal and 3/4 Finnish goals happen in 34 seconds.

Lenni scores sick goal to make it 5-2.

Czech’s score a shorty that was super duper close to being offside late in the 2nd to make it 5-3

Czech’s make it 5-5 with their goalie pulled with 1:56 left

Czech’s score their FIRST AND ONLY 5v5 goal of the game to make it 6-5 with 1:41 left

Czech’s score 2 ENGs to make it 8-5

There is nothing like WJC hockey. It’s just the best

Last edited:

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
despite the devastating end, real happy with lenni's tournament, in particular how his game kept finding another gear. thought he started a little slow, as his team did. individual compete level, obviously, was still strong, but it felt like he struggled to find/open up space and wasnt generating as much as he should on the puck, not to mention he and helenius (an outstanding prospect in his own right) didnt seem to click as well as we might have initially expected they would. felt like he was missing that extra little pop to his game. boy did he find it, though. last couple games were classic lenni. real impressive effort when the games truly mattered. lots of dangerous scoring chances both around the net and off the one timer, great playmaking flashes, a monster on the forecheck. no shortage of compliments i can dish. his handling, mobility, and combination of both at speed have been great developments, with room to still improve. so much great progress all the way back from his summer tournament into and through his liiga season continues to carry over, including being a more versatile/dangerous from futher out scoring threat. yet another exciting stretch of hockey for our boy. hard to look at 6pts in 7gp and complain, but it does feel like his impact surpassed what the stats say. thanks to juzmo and others for the (continued) great lenni coverage

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Damn talk about falling apart. Well, he may as well get used to giving up a ton of goals now 🤣

It will be interesting to see when the Devils bring him over. He always seemed to be one of his teams best players.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
0-1 OT loss... welcome back Lenni :scared:

Created some chances for others and himself, and had a partial breakaway but couldn't handle the bouncing puck. With Järvinen coming back after 2 months have to hope things will get going better for that line as we go along a bit.

edit. Got eased into it a bit (15:08 ice time). Better 1st than the 2nd and 3rd.

(0:27)

Ps. Team now with the least GF and GA on average, and hanging on to the top-10 spot for dear life... what having zero finish, solid defense, and the best goalie in the league does to a mf.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
"Lenni Hämeenaho's (NJD) profile is right about what you'd expect from him."

I dunno if I really expected his profile to be that good offensively. Offensive driver?

Not that I'm complaining.

He’s obviously ahead of thr garden variety second round pick. He has plenty of time to work on his weaker skills. Very excited to follow his development

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He’s obviously ahead of thr garden variety second round pick. He has plenty of time to work on his weaker skills. Very excited to follow his development
I wonder how the team will proceed in terms of development.

Is he signed another year to stay in Liiga?

I imagine he get's a full year in Utica when he does come over.

I'd think pushing back the contract clock as far as possible while letting him cook is the in the teams best interests. Even if he looks ahead of the cure.

Does Bratt and his skating crew let in Finn's or just Swede's?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I wonder how the team will proceed in terms of development.

Is he signed another year to stay in Liiga?

I imagine he get's a full year in Utica when he does come over.

I'd think pushing back the contract clock as far as possible while letting him cook is the in the teams best interests. Even if he looks ahead of the cure.

Does Bratt and his skating crew let in Finn's or just Swede's?

You figure NJ will let him stay in Finland at least one more year. They have Bratt and Meier signed long term and they are still developing Holtz and they still have Mercer and Palat and Gritsyuk is older and likely arrives first. My guess is Lenni would rather play in Finland than Utica?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00