Leivo or Ennis?

Leivo or Ennis

• Total voters

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Leivo.

Honestly Ennis looked really rusty and lost out there most of the night. I thought Leivo made more chances for himself.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I'd think Clune or maybe even Cracknell may provide more value given the makeup of this team

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
For me; I go with the hot hand or the player in form. I don't think people put enough stock into form. When a player is in good form, ride it as long as you can.

SoCal Leafs

Jul 1, 2018
So Cal
This should be a fun battle to watch. Leivo has looked good and hopefully he's finally figured out how to stay out of Babcock's doghouse. Ennis is still only 28, so if he can get close to how he was before all his concussions and injuries took their toll, he should be a strong contributer. Best case scenario in my mind is that both play well so that Dubas can get good value for one of them at the trade deadline.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
at least find out what Leivo is, Ennis is a fun gadget player who I'm sure won't balk at collecting an NHL paycheck for watching hockey. Leivo has had flashes of brilliant play in measurables over long enough stretches to think that there's a chance he could actually be that player, let's follow the smoke to see if there's fire and if there is get it under a team-friendly contract, if there isn't then make other plans

Last edited:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
How about the players decide it and one thing here is Ennis can absolutely skate at the NHL and Levio has not been able to for any extended period prior to this season.

I think it will take all of camp before a clear favourite emerges but if I was a betting person Ennis is getting more games to start the season and after a revolving door one is chosen over the other.

I know on here if Levio finds him in the outside looking in many posters will blame Babcock but if the reverse happens not many if any will blame the coach.

HernzNation

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto
I went to enough leaf games in Buffalo and saw first hand the damage Ennis can do when he's got confidence. I love Leivo and think he's absolutely deserving of a regular spot in the lineup but to me, Ennis has the higher ceiling still. With some confidence, Ennis can be a real integral piece of our offence. It's Ennis until he proves he can't do the job.

Reactions: francis246

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
IMO Leivo's spot in the lineup (and possibly the team) is in more jeopardy than either Ennis' or Johnsson's. Ennis was signed to be given a chance to start the season at least and Johnsson played ahead of Leivo in the playoffs.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Both? Leivo, Kadri and Brown is a really good line, so far anyway, and Ennis will likely be able to jump in and out of most lines to provide depth.

The lines right now indicate that kind of usage of Ennis. Also, it's possible Johnsson see's some pressbox while Ennis gets some games.

I prefer Leivo because of his skillset, age and he's got a little more room to grow as a player whereas Ennis will probably be a player with very little value long-term.

Johnsson won't be in the press box. and Johnsson will be on that line with Kadri more than likely.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
That line with Lindholm between Johnsson and Kappy looked pretty damn good once the Goat went down last night.

I think the open spot is actually on the left flanking Kadri and Brown. My guess is Ennis takes it and I bet it's already decided too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad