Prospect Info: Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Nice pic from a 3 on 3 drill at rookie camp.

15846221-mmmain.jpg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The reports about Hagg make him sound like a bit of a lamb or Coburn 2.0.

I see Hagg being a Oduya type. Very solid defensively but you rerely hear anything about him. Then Ghost can be our Keith. Sanhiem can be our Seabrook. Then Morin can be Chara :)

One can dream....

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I see Hagg being a Oduya type. Very solid defensively but you rerely hear anything about him. Then Ghost can be our Keith. Sanhiem can be our Seabrook. Then Morin can be Chara :)

One can dream....

In my dreams...

Ghost = Karlsson
Hagg = OEL
Morin = Pronger
Sanheim = Keith

It's a nice dream.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Not to say Hagg will be as good as him, but Kimmo wasn't/isn't the most aggressive player either. Same with Couturier. You can be a good player without visibly showing ''high compete level''. Not everyone needs to be Claude Giroux or Mike Richards out there.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
@davegisaac
In tomorrow's rookie game, Morin will play with Gostisbehere. Laughton will center Taylor Leier and Aube-Kubel.

@DNFlyers
Expected pairs for tomorrow's #Flyers-#Caps rookie game: Morin-Gostisbehere, Hagg-Pettersson, Sanheim-Lamarche

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Well, the good news is Snider seems to be 100% behind Hextall's insistence on "patience," at least from his public declarations. And that bodes well for the next few years, even if they have to take a step back this season, then clear some salary room by moving out a few veterans to make room for the kids in 2015-16.

However, I'll be surprised if Laughton doesn't make the team, he should be NHL ready. The rest of the kids would probably benefit by playing 20 minutes a night in the AHL rather than as the 6th or 7th D-man or sporadic minutes on the 4th line.

I agree with paragraph 1. There's no shame in taking a step back to go ahead 3 steps over the next 2-4 years.

I'm still expecting Laughton to begin the season with the Phantoms, if only to ice the best possible AHL team while making do with the veterans currently with the big club. A lot of good can come of Laughton establishing himself as not just a professional hockey player in the minors, but also as a leader of the squad of up-and-coming prospects.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I thought this bit was pretty funny from Meltzers article.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=62297#.VBbE1LJupVA.twitter

Morin, who was paired with Gostibehere yesterday, now packs more than 20 pounds more on his massive frame (which has grown to 6-foot-7) than he did when the Flyers drafted him in the first round just one summer ago. Apart from his reach and physical intimidation factor, the main thing that jumps out about Morin is his intense competitiveness on the ice even in a practice session.

Yesterday, when he partially shanked a puck on a retrieve-and-pass segment of practice, Morin was visibly upset with himself. For the rest of the drill, he didn't so much patrol his area of the ice as he stalked it. Even his skates made a louder sound

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
I don't want Morin to fight alot, he will be more valuable to us on the ice when his time comes. It's dif if you are sticking up for a team mate though

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Cheering for Hagg (I was begging for him to be selected) -- doesn't seem to have any mean streak to him (yet). Even other players say how nice he is, while Morin just simply plays mean.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 5s

Hextall has been especially impressed with D man Mark Alt at camp. Because of his age (almost 23) he won't play in rookie game

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Hagg can get nasty when he wants... but even then he seemingly does it with a 'calm' demeanour.

He does not mind getting engaged, he did with men several times in the SHL, and can destroy people on the boards. He is pretty damn physical and does like taking the body. He was one of the three Swedes involved in the 'brawl' and went straight for Zadorov. He gets quite a few roughing penalties. Of the 5 minors he got for Adirondack 2-3 were roughing.

I have said in the past though I think he likely ends up being similar to Coburn if he keeps developing... though he may have more chance of sticking on a PP due to his shot being superior, not as good a skater as Coburn ofc... though he is very, very smooth and quick for such a heavy guy he does not have the top gear.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't want Morin to fight alot, he will be more valuable to us on the ice when his time comes. It's dif if you are sticking up for a team mate though

He really doesn't fight that much in juniors when taking into account that it's mostly a free for all down there & he has a target on him from opposing players.

TSN grossly over exaggerated his willingness (for a lack of a better word) to fight during the draft. He has 10 career fights in three years playing in the Q (a couple of them are in the preseason).

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

He really doesn't fight that much. He just needs to stay away from the stupid penalties. That seems to be his biggest problem.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Hagg can get nasty when he wants... but even then he seemingly does it with a 'calm' demeanour.

He does not mind getting engaged, he did with men several times in the SHL, and can destroy people on the boards. He is pretty damn physical and does like taking the body. He was one of the three Swedes involved in the 'brawl' and went straight for Zadorov. He gets quite a few roughing penalties. Of the 5 minors he got for Adirondack 2-3 were roughing.

I have said in the past though I think he likely ends up being similar to Coburn if he keeps developing... though he may have more chance of sticking on a PP due to his shot being superior, not as good a skater as Coburn ofc... though he is very, very smooth and quick for such a heavy guy he does not have the top gear.

That's not really such a big deal on the PP. You can be very good on the PP without being Bobby Orr.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I thought this bit was pretty funny from Meltzers article.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=62297#.VBbE1LJupVA.twitter

This mentality is a trait successful athletes have. That plus his unique physical gifts can make a fan wonder about the possibilities.

He really doesn't fight that much. He just needs to stay away from the stupid penalties. That seems to be his biggest problem.

He takes a ton of high stick penalties, which is to be expected , but he gets a ton of roughing penalties too and i think that is a junior hockey issue . When there is a 6 foot 6 inch man child beating the hell of some 5 8 150 lber the refs are going to step in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad