Prospect Info: Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Defense for Phantoms next season shaping up.

If Hagg stays:

Hagg-Alt (Can not see them breaking it up)
Ghost-AHL vet
Manning-Laudisen
Konan

Murray loves Manning though so I can see him playing with Ghost which would be a huge, HUGE, mistake. That could seriously kill Ghost.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
We should see a few fresh faces at the forward position though with so many guys not being resigned. I wonder if Johnston might be able to stick now. If Akeson sticks with the Flyers I'm curious how they will replace his scoring since noone on that team seems to be able to do it but him. Newbury is gone and VV is unlikely to come back, so who else is there? I guess Cousins might get a new role, and we may become more of a "score from the blueline" team with Ghost and Hagg back there.

I really hope this team has a good season. I'm tired of them always sucking.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
My guess is they go heavy with vets on d and forward. Fill some of the slots on forward with some solid vets.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
"David Strehle ‏@DStrehleTFP 7m
Sound like they've not sent offers to Cal Heeter, Kyle Flanagan, Tyler Brown, M A Bourdon, Cullen Eddy, & Tyler Hostetter. All will be UFAs"
I feel sorry for Marc Andre Bourdon. He had a chance to make it in the NHL but the concussions did him in. I hope that he takes the rest of his life in consideration while he thinks over trying to play again in another organization. Being with the Flyers and seeing what Primeau and Pronger have had to do in order to just live a normal life after being dinged too often should send him the proper message.

Rick Deckard

Mar 30, 2006
Germany
At best the Phantoms have 11 forwards currently:

Akeson
McGinn
Johnston
Alderson
Noebels
Straka
Cousins
Mathers
Leier
Laughton
(Goulbourne)

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
At best the Phantoms have 11 forwards currently:

Akeson
McGinn
Johnston
Alderson
Noebels
Straka
Cousins
Mathers
Leier
Laughton
(Goulbourne)

They have 11 but guys like Johnson and Mathers were usually the fill ins. Also Ghoul hasnt signed any kind if contract yet. Didnt want an AHL deal so he probablly goes back for another season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
"David Strehle ‏@DStrehleTFP 7m
Sound like they've not sent offers to Cal Heeter, Kyle Flanagan, Tyler Brown, M A Bourdon, Cullen Eddy, & Tyler Hostetter. All will be UFAs"
I feel sorry for Marc Andre Bourdon. He had a chance to make it in the NHL but the concussions did him in. I hope that he takes the rest of his life in consideration while he thinks over trying to play again in another organization. Being with the Flyers and seeing what Primeau and Pronger have had to do in order to just live a normal life after being dinged too often should send him the proper message.

I do feel bad for him, but one of the reasons he's having concussion problems is because he tried playing through the first one he got. That we know of. It sucks because I think he deserved a chance to stay on the roster, he played well.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
While looking through the UFA list, I think 2 names to look at for Allentown should be Keith Aucoin and Andrew Gordon. Both of them are ex-Bears and have played on the same line before. They would both add a veteran presence and some scoring as well. Just a thought.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
While looking through the UFA list, I think 2 names to look at for Allentown should be Keith Aucoin and Andrew Gordon. Both of them are ex-Bears and have played on the same line before. They would both add a veteran presence and some scoring as well. Just a thought.
Good call on Gordon.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
So what are we thinking the lineups will be?

Leier - Cousins - Akeson
Goumas - Jones - Gordon
Straka - Johnston - Mathers
Ghoul - Alderson - Knoebels

Alt - Ghost
Hagg - lauridsen
lamarche - konan???

Stolarz
Zepp

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Leier - Cousins - Akeson
Goumas - Jones - Gordon

Alt - Ghost
Hagg - lauridsen
lamarche - konan???

Stolarz
Zepp

Just added Stortini.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I expect Alt and Hagg to be paired.
Ghost and Lauridsen make sense, the fast small guy and the "stay at home" guy.
I could see them promoted as pairs as well.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
Just hoping Cousins + Leier both get top 6 (hopefully first line) roles since they are our main guys we need to develop there. Wouldn't mind seeing what Goumas can develop into as well

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Leier - Cousins - Akeson
Goumas - Jones - Gordon

Alt - Ghost
Hagg - lauridsen
lamarche - konan???

Stolarz
Zepp

Depth Chart thus far:

Center
-Nick Cousins
-Blair Jones

Right Wing
-Brandon Alderson
-Andrew Gordon
-Derek Mathers
-Zack Stortini
-Petr Straka

Left Wing
-Kevin Goumas
-Andrew Hatch
-Andrew Johnston
-Taylor Leier
-Marcel Noebels

Defense
-Mark Alt
-Shayne Gostisbehere
-Robert Hagg
-Matt Konan
-Maxim Lamarche
-Oliver Lauridsen
-Brandon Manning

Goalies
-Anthony Stolarz
-Rob Zepp

I'm assuming Laughton & Akeson will be in the NHL & Hagg will be deciding to play in NA next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad