Prospect Info: Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Once the euros leave:

Leier-Laughton-Akeson
Goumas-Cousins-Straka
Parks-Aubé-Kubel-Alderson
Goulbourne-Fazleev-Mathers

Morin-Gostisbehere
Alt-Hagg
Sanheim-Wilcox
Friedman-Deslisle

Stolarz
Madsen

So yeah no NCAA kids & no Euro kids, McGinn didn't play last year so I doubt Akeson would this year since he took over McGinn's spot as that tweener between the AHL/NHL type of prospect.

Leier - Laughton - Aube-Kubel
Goumas - Cousins - Straka
Goulbourne - Fazleev - Alderson
XXX - XXX - Mathers

Morin - Gostisbehere
Hagg - Alt
Sanheim - Lamarche
Delisle

Stolarz
Capobianco

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Just got in to take a closer look at the list-- what happened to Freibergs and Rusk? Weren't they supposed to be getting invites?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Just got in to take a closer look at the list-- what happened to Freibergs and Rusk? Weren't they supposed to be getting invites?

I guess not, Metzler said they were done with inviting non-affiliated players to this camp now but obviously had to make an exception with McKay since we needed more bodies at the goalie position.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
In case anyone was interested HF gave their grades for the Flyers 2014 draft prospects.

Travis Sanheim: 7.5C
Nicolas Aube-Kubel: 7.0C
Mark Friedman: 7.0C
Oskar Lindbolm: 6.5C
Radel Fazleev: 6.5C
Jesper Pettersson: 6.0D

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
In case anyone was interested HF gave their grades for the Flyers 2014 draft prospects.

Travis Sanheim: 7.5C
Nicolas Aube-Kubel: 7.0C
Mark Friedman: 7.0C
Oskar Lindbolm: 6.5C
Radel Fazleev: 6.5C
Jesper Pettersson: 6.0D

Lowballed yet again. :shakehead

Sanheim/Morin both got very lowballed. They should be like 8.0D/F. They both have #1D potential, but maybe not a huge chance to get it.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Speaking of ratings, here is an article on NJ.com today:

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/...top_pick_travis_sanheim_to_ryan_mcdonagh.html

Among the participates will be most of their 2014 draft class … one that TSN scouting director Craig Button says is worthy of an 'A' grade.

In a phone interview with NJ.com, Button raved about the Flyers' top four picks – defenseman Travis Sanheim (1st round, 17th overall), right wing Nicolas Aube-Kubel (2nd round, 48th overall), defenseman Mark Friedman (3rd round, 86th overall) and left wing Oskar Lindblom (5th round, 138th overall).

"I love Sanheim," Button said. "When you get that type of a defenseman, plus Aube-Kubel, Friedman and Lindblom ... Wow, those are 'A' moves!"

Last edited:

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Lowballed yet again. :shakehead

Sanheim/Morin both got very lowballed. They should be like 8.0D/F. They both have #1D potential, but maybe not a huge chance to get it.

Who cares? The only thing less valuable in the whole world than HF ratings is..... Ok, you got me, there's nuthin' less valuable.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

I'd agree with Button here. This is by far the most satisfied I've ever been with a Flyers' draft haul.

It's too early to say anything regarding their draft success this year, but the staff gave themselves a chance with every pick which is really all you can ask for with such a crapshoot. I think they did an excellent job of balancing safety with potential, which is not at all easy to do. Picks like Aube-Kubel, in particular, are perfect guys to take a chance on after the first round. The talent is there, the energy and motivation is there, etc., but having a smaller role than some other guys drops his visibility. I love that we're seemingly making an effort to look past the "obvious" picks (eg. McKeown, Tuch, etc.).

I am extremely pumped to see how Sanheim, Aube-Kubel, and Fazleev do with increased roles on their respective teams.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This is by far the most satisfied I've ever been with a Flyers' draft haul.

I don't know while I really liked what they did this past draft the 2012 draft was pretty satisfying itself & still feels that way two years later, four of those kids (Laughton, Stolarz, Gostisbehere, & Leier) are under contract & in our top 10 for the prospect pool.

Larsson was a flop but he was kind of a boom/bust type of pick in the fourth round. Wilcox & Vasiliev are progressing nicely (although quietly) & seem to be in line for contracts.

It kind of sucks that the 2013 draft was in between the two there. I felt like they didn't do the best job there & that was a deep draft with higher picks than these two.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Doesn't Chris Shafer do those rankings? or does he not write for HF anymore?

Nope. I'm done. Doing the same thing all the time got repetitive, and honestly, there's no way to get all the writers to agree on things. And sometimes just getting stuff updated is impossible with how many people's stuff gets filtered through one editor.

Anyway, if I were going to bother doing it now...

1. Sam Morin (D) - 8.0C - top pairing to third pairing range
2. Scott Laughton (C) - 7.5B - good second liner to third liner range
3. Shayne Gostisbehere (D) - 8.0C - top pairing to third pairing range
4. Travis Sanheim (D) - 8.0C - top pairing to third pairing range
5. Robert Hagg (D) - 7.5C - good second pairing player to #7 range
6. Anthony Stolarz (G) - 8.0D - starter to backup range
7. Taylor Leier (W) - 7.0C - second liner to top AHL player range
8. Mark Alt (D) - 7.0C - second pairing to top AHL player range
9. Nicolas Aube-Kubel (W) - 7.0C - second liner to top AHL player range
10. Nick Cousins (C) - 6.5C -good third liner to top AHL player range

That'd be my top 10. I'd add 10 more and then go through an editing process and such. That was done pretty quickly and mostly off the top of my head.

Really though, the rankings mean almost nothing without an explanation of them. That's where I always though HF lacked emphasis. You can't just guess at numbers without explaining why you came to that conclusion.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
DevCamp_Schedule_New.jpg

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=725682

It would be great if someone goes there and makes a video, similar to what there was last year.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
So yeah no NCAA kids & no Euro kids, McGinn didn't play last year so I doubt Akeson would this year since he took over McGinn's spot as that tweener between the AHL/NHL type of prospect.

Leier - Laughton - Aube-Kubel
Goumas - Cousins - Straka
Goulbourne - Fazleev - Alderson
XXX - XXX - Mathers

Morin - Gostisbehere
Hagg - Alt
Sanheim - Lamarche
Delisle

Stolarz
Capobianco

Who is that?

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
Until they signed Zepp I was wondering if they were happy enough with Chubak to resign him to play with Stollie. I'm glad that they got a vet instead but I thought Chubak actually played quite well in his time there.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
After bullying his way to the CHL title with the Allen Americans and cruising to the title of the league's most penalized player, our old acquaintance Garett Klotz takes a step forward again, as he signs with the new ECHL team Indy Fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad