Prospect Info: Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
So what are we thinking the lineups will be?

Leier - Cousins - Akeson
Goumas - Jones - Gordon
Straka - Johnston - Mathers
Ghoul - Alderson - Knoebels

Alt - Ghost
Hagg - lauridsen
lamarche - konan???

Stolarz
Zepp

Cousins has done nothing to suggest he could be the 1st line center. More likely he will start as checking line center again.

Akeson should make the NHL roster unless they need to demote him to the AHL for a couple of games for cap reasons.

Ghoul's chances of making the team are slim now that they reportedly signed Stortini to play the tough guy role.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Cousins has done nothing to suggest he could be the 1st line center. More likely he will start as checking line center again.

Akeson should make the NHL roster unless they need to demote him to the AHL for a couple of games for cap reasons.

Ghoul's chances of making the team are slim now that they reportedly signed Stortini to play the tough guy role.

Yea Ghoul needs a contract first anyway. Also Stortini will play here and there. I can not see him playing regularly. Fitz would only play here and there the past few seasons.

Also Mathers and Johnson should be nowhere near the 3rd line after being healthy scratches all last season.

My guess

Akeson-Jones-Gordon
Straka-Cousins-Alderson
Leier-Goumas-Noebels
Mathers/Stortini-Johnson-Fill in.

If not Akeson, fill in with PEB or Laughton. All three wont make the NHL. Also I think they sign one or two more AHL forwards. Kevin Hayes still hasnt signed so if he does that would be a great add.

Defense:

Hagg-Alt (really looked glood together)
Ghost-AHL vet
Laudisen-Manning
lamarche-Konan

Really need an AHL vet defender.

Zepp
Stolarz

Its the Flyers. My bet is Stolarz takes over near the end.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Yea Ghoul needs a contract first anyway. Also Stortini will play here and there. I can not see him playing regularly. Fitz would only play here and there the past few seasons.

Also Mathers and Johnson should be nowhere near the 3rd line after being healthy scratches all last season.

My guess

Akeson-Jones-Gordon
Straka-Cousins-Alderson
Leier-Goumas-Noebels
Mathers/Stortini-Johnson-Fill in.

If not Akeson, fill in with PEB or Laughton. All three wont make the NHL. Also I think they sign one or two more AHL forwards. Kevin Hayes still hasnt signed so if he does that would be a great add.

Defense:

Hagg-Alt (really looked glood together)
Ghost-AHL vet
Laudisen-Manning
lamarche-Konan

Really need an AHL vet defender.

Zepp
Stolarz

Its the Flyers. My bet is Stolarz takes over near the end.

Don't see Laughton making the Flyers from the start. I think Hextall wants him to start in the AHL. Just a guess based on his development views.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Why haven't the hawks signed Hayes? Is there a chance we might be able to get him? That would be awesome. 1st round pick with nhl potential.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
Anyone know when Hockeys future redoes their prospect scores? Like none of our drafted prospects have any scores and I feel like the scores that our current prospects have, e.g Hagg/Morin/Gostisbehere, is extremely low, and must be the scores from last year

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

He finished the year on a strong note & was named a black ace for the Flyers during the playoffs. I don't know if he'll be the first line center but he's going to get very good ice time there next year.

Also as of right their center depth sucks down there so he'll be playing good minutes by default whether he deserves it or not.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
He's trying to earn an ELC at camp first, the Trial on the Isle starts off the rookie camp on the 14th of July.

Also Sidenote for that but Morin's teammate in Rimouski Beau Rusk has been invited by the Flyers.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=197262

I never understood the point of teams doing this. They just passed on him in the draft, and it's not like they can offer him a contract, right? Why invite him to camp if you still have to wait another year to potentially get his rights at the next draft?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I never understood the point of teams doing this. They just passed on him in the draft, and it's not like they can offer him a contract, right? Why invite him to camp if you still have to wait another year to potentially get his rights at the next draft?

You can sign CHL players, that rule is only for euro players.

Sergei Tolchinsky signed with Carolina after their camp last year after not being selected in the 2013 draft.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

Sergei Tolchinsky signed with Carolina after their camp last year after not being selected in the 2013 draft.

Oh, wow, really? Good to know. I'd send an invite to Vlad Tkachev in that case. This year's version of Tolchinsky.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Don't see Laughton making the Flyers from the start. I think Hextall wants him to start in the AHL. Just a guess based on his development views.

I hope my glasses are better cause I see Scott on the big club at the start of the year.

Happy 4th all. If you are to grab ass make sure it's your wife or GF.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
laughton if hes there

I doubt it, Laughton's still learning to be a pro himself since he doesn't have much expeierence in the AHL nor NHL. It also would be pointless to hand him a letter when he has chance to not be there for too long if indeed does end up down there to start the year out.

It will likely be one of the older guys IMO.

RJ8812*

they can sign him, but they have to do it before the CHL season starts. If not, the player re-enters the draft

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
they can sign him, but they have to do it before the CHL season starts. If not, the player re-enters the draft

Most NHL camps are wrapping up by the time the CHL leagues are getting underway so you should have enough viewings by then to determine if the player is worthy of a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->