Legwand tops the SN Trade Tracker

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think some big changes are headed for the Predators it has started simmering already with Hendricks and Klein. I can see several moves and a coaching change by next year.
If I was Poile i would want a very good prospect and a 2nd/3rd for Legwand more than being set on a 1st.

I think the Klein trade was more telling than the Hendricks one. Hendricks sucked and our goaltending was/is in question, so we figured Dubnyk would help, and plus Edmonton was stupid enough to take on that contract. The Klein for MDZ one, yeah maybe so. I like that one so far.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
I think the Klein trade was more telling than the Hendricks one. Hendricks sucked and our goaltending was/is in question, so we figured Dubnyk would help, and plus Edmonton was stupid enough to take on that contract. The Klein for MDZ one, yeah maybe so. I like that one so far.
Yea, the Hendricks was just making a horrible signing a little less worse. We need to do that with a couple more of those.

Klein was one of the more proactive things Poile has done in the past 5 years.... trading a good homegrown player in his prime on a decent contract... that's pretty much unheard of for Poile.

I like it, and I like MDZs potential with Housley/Trotz, but at the same time it's staying his comfort zone of acquiring defensive talent/potential. Klein alone likely could not have gotten a talented young offensive piece (possible), but start packaging Elis, Legwand, etc (other guys who can help playoff teams NOW) and all of the sudden it's looking pretty appealing to someone.

Would have rather traded Legwand+ for MDZ. And tried to ship Klein(+) for more offensive potential.

But I'll take some proactivity of Poile's part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad